ImageImageImageImageImage

What did u guys notice about game one???

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

tayzer
Junior
And1: 1

What did u guys notice about game one??? 

Post#1 » by tayzer » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:40 am

Ok, we lost, but what matches did u like and what weaknesses did u see in the Celtics game.

I thought Fisher and Farmar on Rondo did alright.

Fisher on Ray was no good.

Radman did a better job and Pierce than predicted.

Gasol on KG is our best bet

Odom and Perkin was a good choice.

Cassel went off on Fisher and Farmar. Maybe we need to put Sasha or Kobe on him.

Sasha and Kobe did a decent job and Ray Allen.

Kobe was shooting too much. He needs to conserve his energy and be aggressive in the 2nd half. The first half he should get the guys going.
tayzer
Junior

Post#2 » by tayzer » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:42 am

Oh yea, there was way too much fouling. We need to figure out how to not foul.
K0BE-24
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by K0BE-24 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:56 am

yeahh, turiaf needs to quit freaking fouling so much, he about fouled out in the second qt . . . i think he had like four fouls in that quarter alone
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#4 » by slifersd » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:57 am

The whole team needs to raise the level of inteisity on both ends of the floor. A lot of people thought that Boston is a one dimensional team, but with three superstars, they are just as dangerous on offense as they are on defense. If we continue to play that crappy defense we exhibited tonight, we will not win the serie. On offense, especially down the stretch, Boston showed us what execution is all about. When we have guys like Vujacic firing up turn around jumpers, they posted up Garnett every time. Learning to play defense and executing on offense is the key for us in this serie and our only hope to win. I hope this game 1 has taught the team that they cannot take the Celtics lightly and start playing hard again.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#5 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:58 am

I notice KG being dominate and that neutralizes Odom on the Boards.
I noticed Boston hustling more and outplaying the Lakers. They neutralized Sasha, Radman and Farmar.

Farmar, turiaf, Walton all seem to me not too much of a factor in Boston. In LA that will be different. But also see Boston using up alot of Energy in Game 1 more so than the Lakers. This could be a factor in a long Series.

The pressure is still on both teams to take game 2. But if LA wins it will put alot of pressure back to Boston. If Boston takes game 2 the Lakers will have even more pressure

I still don't think LA can win on the boards for a majority of the games in a 7 games series with Garnett and Perkins and Brown pushing off like that
tayzer
Junior

Post#6 » by tayzer » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:03 am

We lost because we did some stupid fouls early and used up all our fouls and they pretty much got freebees all the way. They didn't even need to be clutch because they were constanly on the line.

I bet the Celts wouldn't even been able to hit their shots if we didnt foul them most of the time.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#7 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:04 am

The game changed when Pierce got hurt. When he went out I thought Kobe rushed his offense a bit. My thinking was he wanted to impose his will on what he thought was a weakened team. But it backfired, too many tough shots. It rushed the offense, killed the team's flow and disrupted the great ball movement they had in the first half. They never ran the offense quite like they did in that first.
tayzer
Junior

Post#8 » by tayzer » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:11 am

Also, the Lakers problem is that they always rush and try to go for the kill. When they actually should be focusing on a 40 min game.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#9 » by boogydown » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:13 am

I dont think we can win, that is what I noticed. We are terrible, and should rebuild.

Remember Pistons in 04.
tayzer
Junior

Post#10 » by tayzer » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:16 am

boogydown wrote:I dont think we can win, that is what I noticed. We are terrible, and should rebuild.

Remember Pistons in 04.

I bet your not even a Lakers fan. Even if the Celts win this year.

The Lakers next year with Bynum will dominate the league for another five years and will make the Celts look like a fluke. But that's next year, and we're focusing on winning this year.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,400

Post#11 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:22 am

wow I noticed that Boston will be doing a broadway musical after the season. Drama Queens
tayzer
Junior

Post#12 » by tayzer » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:26 am

The Lakers need to get Kobe in the post. He is pretty effective there, but I didn't notice him posting up around that area today.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#13 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:49 am

Kobe needs to take it to the hole.

Odom needs to take it to the hole.

Turiaf needs to be more physical even if he fouls out. He needs to box KG way away from the hoop. Push him out farther and farther

Gasol needs more rest and to get more pumped.
LakerFanSince84
Junior

Phil, OPEN YOUR EYES 

Post#14 » by LakerFanSince84 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:41 am

I think the laker bench got a taste of the finals.

I expect them to play better. I was surprised at the lack of minutes given to Farmar. I also feel that it would DEFINITELY be in the Lakers best interest to match Boston's athleticism by using Ariza more. I see Luke Walton being a non factor in this series.

Gasol
Odom
Ariza
Bryant
Fisher/Vujacic/Farmar

Kobe took too many bad shots. I find myself yelling at him because he settles for low percentage shots far too often. This guy should look to get to the rim. I find it VERY FRUSTRATING THAT HIS FREE THROW ATTEMPTS HAVE DROPPED WITH EACH SERIES. that means he isn't attacking the rim, and that's when he's best because he creates for his teammates.

Odom must take advantage of Perkins guarding him, HE AND GASOL MUST GO TO THE RIM STRONG. GASOL SHOULD SERIOUS CONSIDER A STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH THIS SUMMER

LASTLY, WE MUST CONTROL THE BOARDS. THE LAKERS MIGHT WANT TO USE MORE SIZE WITH MBENGA in Spurts!

THE LAKERS WILL ADJUST, But so will the celtics.[/u]
AgentK0be
Sophomore

Post#15 » by AgentK0be » Fri Jun 6, 2008 7:40 am

kobe was garbage. sorry, I was expecting a better performance from him considering it's the finals
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#16 » by Teen Girl Squad » Fri Jun 6, 2008 8:37 am

We need to play faster and with more energy. In the 2nd we did that and took the lead. As good as Boston is, they can't play the transition game too well (outside of those 2 PP 3s). And more importantly they are a poor transition defense.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#17 » by Cookin Baskets » Fri Jun 6, 2008 12:17 pm

What I did notice during the game is Kobe took a few too many shots.(26) probaly should of shot around 15-20 shots at the most given them to Gasol and open teammates on three. The Big Three was all hot they all had there stretches where they carried the team on there backs Kevin Garnett 24,11. Ray Allen Allen 19,5 and Peirce with 22 points with most of it in the 3rd Quarter that opened the game for Boston.

Fisher did his thing on offense 15 pts,6 assists, but L.A left Rondo open the entire game he did his thing which most teams do but manage to pretty much match Fisher with 15,7 assists plus adding 5 more boards to Boston killing on the boards. Unlike Fisher who is clutch Rondo is still inconsistent look for Rondo to not play as well.

Fisher's defense on Ray Allen didn't work out well,Kobe did well but it wasn't enough Ray was on Fire getting 19 points and he was also setting up his teammates with a couple dimes. Ray Allen looked like an all-star again on the biggest stage.

Suprisingly a Sam Cassell sitting plus he played and made an impact, making some key jumpers making fisher look bad just using his hip to create space for jumpshots.

The big men for L.A got killed on the offensive rebounds, even Ray Allen had 8 rebounds you can't let that happen. P.J Brown,Perkins,Garnet, and others kept giving Boston 2nd,3rd opportunties to make the basket.

When I saw Paul Peirce 1st get carried off the floor in the wheel chair I thought he was injured throughout the finals by his own teammate:Kendrick Perkins if it was more serious would of been the scapegoat and everyone can agree without peirce they don't stand a chance to win the series. It was a good thing for boston it wasn't major.
Peirce came back within 3 minutes he had only missed.

Instead of being a lucky break for the Lakers, it became the Celtics way of blowing the game wide open in there favor. Peirce was on fire drilling 3 3 pt. plus a ridicoulous off the glass Four point play when Radmonovic softly fouled Peirce like the bitch he is, if your gonna foul three at least don't have him make it in your grill. That will be on of the best shots in this series, if not maybe the best but more is to come, watch out for Kobe.

Despite all that L.A was still in the game in the 4th, but made too many mistakes and Boston made huge plays down the stretch. L.A has been great coming back from games this season. Gasol was effectient in the 1st half, but in the 2nd just missed a few easy ones. Odom didn't get enough of rebounds, Kobe needs to spread the shots around its proven L.A wins more that way. It still wasn't enough and as Boston pulled away by 10, L.A just got crushed in the last minutes of the game.

What needs to Happen for Game 2 which will happen Kobe will try to get Odom,Gasol going early and have an effective game. Kobe needs to take high percentage shots, take it the hole draw the double,foul,pass it to odom or gasol, and or take it himself with authority dunking on Kg would be the best dunk Kobe over KG.

Kobe also needs to get the attention off him have Odom,Gasol explode and have Kobe close out the Game 2 victory like the franchise player is supposed to when the title is on the line. They also need to be a lot more pshyical on the defensive boards and limit the celtics offensive rebounds from the role players like P.J Brown was giving them a slight headache.

I predicted Lakers 4-2 and I am sticking to that no flip flopping here check out my earlier posts days before picking the Lakers ,L.A will steal game 2 in Boston, the team listed is who won that game.

Game 1:Boston @ Boston
Game 2:Lakers @ Boston
Game 3:Lakers @ L.A
Game 4:Boston @ L.A
Game 5:Lakers @ L.A
Game 6:Lakers @ Boston

The way this series goes technically home court goes out the window if L.A can steal one on the road if this goes as I predicted. Yes L.A will clinch the finals in front of the devasted Boston fans..in Game 6 either way if im wrong or right it should be a great series.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#18 » by hermes » Fri Jun 6, 2008 1:44 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:The game changed when Pierce got hurt. When he went out I thought Kobe rushed his offense a bit. My thinking was he wanted to impose his will on what he thought was a weakened team. But it backfired, too many tough shots. It rushed the offense, killed the team's flow and disrupted the great ball movement they had in the first half. They never ran the offense quite like they did in that first.

i noticed that too, they needed to slow it down and get better shots

i think the lakers will learn from this and they will be better prepared for game 2, especially kobe
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#19 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Jun 6, 2008 2:12 pm

boogydown wrote:I dont think we can win, that is what I noticed. We are terrible, and should rebuild.

Remember Pistons in 04.
you must have us confused with the Bulls board, here you go

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=50dec5109c37665da172294ffe9ee4b0

back on topic- what I noticed is that if game 1 was at Staples we would have won.
Forum permissions