ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 1 Farmar

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Game 1 Farmar 

Post#1 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:17 am

Why did Phil not play him more and let him start the 2nd?

That seems to be a mistake. fish needed his legs at the end of the game.

The Lakers need to keep it close and have their best Athletic defenders playing at the end of the game also.

Kobe needs to go off when they let him.

Lakers will not out rebound so they will need to outhustle and play better D. Home court is at Boston. More freethrows will be show by Boston the way PJ brown was pushing off at will.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#2 » by Dexmor » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:18 pm

I also think Farmar should have gotten more minutes. I also believe they should have went with a 3 guard lineup much more and Ariza should have played to guard Pierce more.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#3 » by Dexmor » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:56 pm

Just to be clear we lost this game because all 3 of there big 3 played like 3 hungry allstars and Gasol played like he wasn't hungry and a little soft and Odom played like Odom of last year like it was a regular game but there were a few other things that are important and the coach and Farmar are 2 big ones.

Kwame was the biggest negitive we or any team have ever had. The more time he was on the floor the worse we were and when we got rid of him or even sat him we were much better. Phil Jackson has blind spots like that. As great of a coach he is he needs a GM who can make moves and get rid of the players that Phil plays that are negitives like Kwame. He even would play Kwame over Bynum which is why it's so important when the summer comes Kwame takes his rightful place on a european team or just retires at 26 (which he has the money to) because lets face it the guy wasn't not meant to play basketball.

Now Radman is nowhere near as bad as Kwame and nowhere near of a negitive that Kwame was but I think we have a similar situation going on. If we would have started Sasha like I said we should have then Kobe could have guarded Pierce some and Allen some and even Rondo some and Sasha could have guarded Allen and Pierce. Sasha and Kobe in the same starting 5 is also great because you have to play Kobe honest and you really can't so Sasha would get alot of open looks.
Not only that by playing Radman in the starting 5 that means Sasha backs up the guards which means less time for Farmar. If Sasha was playing the 3 Farmar would get all the backup pg minutes which is at least 18 plus some other minutes if they go with Fisher and Farmar in the backcourt.

I said one of the most important things will be the coaching of Phil and his player rotations and so far I think he made a crutuial mistake and they lost. I am not saying it was the only reason they lost but it could have made the difference. He did only play Radman for 17 minutes but that is 17 minutes Farmar should have gotten over Radman and Ariza should have played to. Espailly when Pierce was going off. They got 3 players who can guard or at least do o.k. vs the wings in Kobe-Sasha-Ariza yet Sasha played backup pg, Ariza didn't play and Farmar didn't even really play.

I believe when Bynum comes back there is a small chance Phil will still have a mental block and start Radman still and Mitch will have to jump in and trade Radman for anybody even if it means giving up a pick or something decent to get somebody to take Radman and possibly even another move so Phil has to start Bynum-Gasol-Odom-Kobe-Fisher.

Phil is a great coach but every coach has there negitives and Phil's is clearly player rotations, starting lineups, age bias. He would also be the worst at being coach gm. His other weakness is also time clock management at the end of games.
I still think Phil is the best coach but just like Kwame was a weakness for the Lakers in the past now it's Radman but the only difference is Radman is a decent player and Kwame was the worst player in the league.

This is all relevent to the post because if Radman just backed up Odom like he should and was purely a backup PF the Lakers would be so much better and Sasha and Farmar would get alot more minutes and Farmar and Sasha are the 5th and 6th best players on the Lakers until Bynum comes back yet they are not getting much burn at all because of Phil's weakspot of player rotations.

Next year we probably won't have that problem because even a guy like Phil who is clueless when it comes to player rotations even he will have to go with Bynum-Gasol-Odom-Kobe-Fisher and Sasha should get alot of backup sg minutes and hopefully backup sf minutes and Farmar should get at least 20 minutes as the backup pg. I hope he stops playing Sasha as backup pg and plays him more at backup sf and clearly sg.
Farmar came into the league with athletism, a 42 inch vertcle and natural pg instincts. The next year after being drafted by the Lakers knowing he would need to hit the 3 he came back in his second year a great 3 point shooter. Now coming back this up coming season I believe he will come back a whole new player on D. I think that is what he will add to his game.
He will be a top steals per 48 guy maybe top 3-5 and a lockdown defender.
He has not huge shoes to fit into in Fisher but still pretty big with all the clutch shots and I think Farmar will fill them no problem.
m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Post#4 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sat Jun 7, 2008 4:43 am

Dexmor wrote:I also think Farmar should have gotten more minutes. I also believe they should have went with a 3 guard lineup much more and Ariza should have played to guard Pierce more.

WTF? Ariza hasn't played in forever and you expect to come in and defend PP?
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#5 » by islander009 » Sat Jun 7, 2008 6:36 pm

m23uza1hem36 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

WTF? Ariza hasn't played in forever and you expect to come in and defend PP?

Well i agree with Dexmor. I dont think Ariza is game ready but it would be nice to use his energy for a 5-10 mins a game. he wont shut down a player because he hasnt experienced real game play. But at least it will help him get into a rhythm. The biggest reason I would like him to play more minutes is for the fact that he brings energy.

But back to the subject of Farmar. Farmar should play more in the 2nd quarter for FIsh to rest a bit and for Farmar to get into the feel of the game. Remember he is just like the rest of the team, and that is that they have no Finals experience. Farmar has stepped it up in the playoffs since last year and I like his play. He should get more minutes to really be effective for us. Less minutes for him mean more for FIsh and thats not a good thing. We need Farmar to produce, be confident, and play with that chip on his shoulder.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#6 » by hermes » Sat Jun 7, 2008 6:42 pm

get farmar in there, and have him pick up the tempo
try to throw boston off, don't let them set their d
islander009
Junior
And1: 21

Post#7 » by islander009 » Sat Jun 7, 2008 7:05 pm

^ you read my mind hermes. The quicker tempo prevents the C's Defense from setting up, forcing fouls. The C's dont have a deep bench to throw at us like the Spurs or Jazz. Push the tempo and let it start with Farmar. Farmar quickens the pace and will do great things for our offense and we should really play to our strengths not theirs. We need to really consider if we play to their strengths then they have the advantage we force them to run with us they have no chance. But importantly it increases our defensive intensity. Lets play to what got us here.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers