ImageImageImageImageImage

Four Question

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

tiredandhungry67
Sophomore
And1: 0

Four Question 

Post#1 » by tiredandhungry67 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:10 pm

1. Why was Ariza pulled almost immediately once he came in? I felt if he stayed in longer, he could have a few key stops, kept us in this, and the huge lead wouldn't have came.

2. Isn't it time we ditched the triangle? It didn't work in the last game or tonight.

3. Do you guys see us winning this series? Before the playoffs started, I felt that we needed to take one of the first two in Boston since I did not see us winning four in a row (3,4,5,6) or winning game seven against a hungrier Boston in their own house. God Help Me I Hope I am Wrong.

4. Can we do anything or can the Lakers appeal to the NBA about these f*****g refs?
xxjunkyxx
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#2 » by xxjunkyxx » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:13 pm

38 to 10 FT
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#3 » by hermes » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:09 pm

1. i don't know about the ariza thing, why phil doesn't play him is beyond me
2. the pick and roll should be used more because it works pretty well, but kobe in the post also worked well in the beginning before we imploded
3. it will be tough, but i think the lakers can still win the 3 in LA are going to be very key, and we had chances to win a game in boston but just didn't get it done
4. no, can't do anything about the refs, just need to move on and go to game 3
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:24 pm

Ariza should have been given more time imo, but I'm sure phil watched him get absolutely abused by Paul and freaked out. Paul actually missed all of the shots after losing Ariza, but the fact is he blew past him four consecutive times for good looks.

i think Ariza would have adjusted though.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#5 » by Dexmor » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:03 pm

I would give up trying to figure out Phil's rotations. He was the only person with a paycheck that had anything to do with the nba who thought Kwame should be in the nba let alone starting.

Yes we can still win this. Nothing has truley happened yet if we protect the homecourt.

The other question Idk
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#6 » by theman » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:36 pm

Dexmor wrote:I would give up trying to figure out Phil's rotations. He was the only person with a paycheck that had anything to do with the nba who thought Kwame should be in the nba let alone starting.

Yes we can still win this. Nothing has truley happened yet if we protect the homecourt.

The other question Idk

Chris Wallace seemed to value him pretty high.
dingojazz
Senior

Re: Four Question 

Post#7 » by dingojazz » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:58 pm

tiredandhungry67 wrote:4. Can we do anything or can the Lakers appeal to the NBA about these f*****g refs?

:rofl: No team has received more favorable calls in the entire playoffs than the Lakers. I agree that many calls went against you in game 2, but welcome to life on the road for every team in the NBA. The refs are bringing you back down to earth.
jazzrock
Freshman

Post#8 » by jazzrock » Mon Jun 9, 2008 9:12 pm

xxjunkyxx wrote:38 to 10 FT

I love it! Suck it up and deal with it buddy. Did you not watch the Jazz series or do you just watch when LA goes to the finals? So when the LA/Jazz series has a disparity of 38/11 its ok, but when the Lakers are on the other end all the sudden its the refs fault LA lost??????? :banghead: :banghead:

Suck it up and deal with it dude. The better team is beating your team right now and the better team will win.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#9 » by TonyMontana » Mon Jun 9, 2008 9:15 pm

jazzrock wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I love it! Suck it up and deal with it buddy. Did you not watch the Jazz series or do you just watch when LA goes to the finals? So when the LA/Jazz series has a disparity of 38/11 its ok, but when the Lakers are on the other end all the sudden its the refs fault LA lost??????? :banghead: :banghead:

Suck it up and deal with it dude. The better team is beating your team right now and the better team will win.

WTF is the deal with all these Jazz monkeys invading our boards........

Dammm I mean what is it with you guys ............ Still on our Nuts...

I had less problems getting rid of my ex itchs than I did with Jazz fans.............

I mean its almost summer time.... Dont you guys have something like the chicken saw county fair going on in Utah or A hooky Dooky pep rally for the next Miss BYU ........... Why are you guys here?

We beat you guys 2 series ago, and your still crying about it?
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#10 » by hermes » Mon Jun 9, 2008 9:21 pm

theman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Chris Wallace seemed to value him pretty high.

jordan seemed to value him pretty high too
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#11 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Jun 9, 2008 10:01 pm

wow, Jazz fans now?
Jazz fans please stop trolling out board.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
jazzrock
Freshman

Post#12 » by jazzrock » Mon Jun 9, 2008 10:04 pm

TonyMontana wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We beat you guys 2 series ago, and your still crying about it?

No reason for the personal attacks dude. By the way, have you ever been to Utah?

I am just stating the obvious. Laker fans are all over these boards complaining about the refs. Yet you seem to forget the discrepancy with the Jazz series. In the Jazz series, THE BETTER TEAM WON. Not the free throw discrepancy. In this series, THE BETTER TEAM WILL WIN. Not the free throw discrepancy. So suck it up and deal with it and tell Phil to as well.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Jun 9, 2008 10:09 pm

jazzrock wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No reason for the personal attacks dude. By the way, have you ever been to Utah?

I am just stating the obvious. Laker fans are all over these boards complaining about the refs. Yet you seem to forget the discrepancy with the Jazz series. In the Jazz series, THE BETTER TEAM WON. Not the free throw discrepancy. In this series, THE BETTER TEAM WILL WIN. Not the free throw discrepancy. So suck it up and deal with it and tell Phil to as well.

This the last time I am going to tell you this. Leave it alone. Get over it and move on.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Jun 9, 2008 10:10 pm

And Tony, dont reply to him, please.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#15 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jun 9, 2008 10:21 pm

Man I guess this is sh*t on Laker fan today.

Karma is strong................what you say an do will come back to you.

Please believe it, it may not be today or tomorrow but it will come.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers