ImageImageImageImageImage

why is everyone writing off the lakers?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

JazzItUp13
Veteran
And1: 1

why is everyone writing off the lakers? 

Post#1 » by JazzItUp13 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:28 pm

maybe not sports columnist and people on espn but everyone it seems i talk to is writing the lakers off. I realize winning in boston will be tough but the lakers have had chances to win in both games! They played horrible the in those games but still found a way to be in the game at the end! If lakers take care of business at home i see no reason why they can't steal a game in boston for the ring...
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#2 » by That Nicka » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Boston has sucked on the road all playoffs except against the gimpy Pistons (Billups)

People thinking that the Celtics will be able to win easily in LA (who are undefeated at home in the playoffs) are fooling themselves...

Lets also remember that the Lakers were the 2nd best road team during the regular season and have won 2 games in Denver, 1 in Utah and 1 in San Antonio during these playoffs

This series is far from over
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 pm

We can win all 3 games at home. We aren't done. I do feel like if we don't give them hell it will reflect badly on the whole west. Utah title contenders. Spurs title contenders. We owe it to the west to get it going.
phat_24
Junior
And1: 5

Post#4 » by phat_24 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:56 pm

One thing about having not won a game this series being down 0-2 is that Paul Pierce is the one playing on the road in sunny California, his HOME state.

This might as well be homecourt advantage for Paul Pierce himself. He LOVES the Staples center. If the other Celtics can't carry the load he'll do it all by himself.

That's my biggest fear in game 3 and I'm afraid this is it guys. If we don't play more aggressive and stop Pierce then our fairytale season is over.

Having said that, Phil Jackson-coached NBA finals teams have never been down 0-3 lol. I'm clutching at straws I know. Let's win game 3!

GO LAKERS!
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#5 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 am

How about a huge banner saying "PAUL PIERCE YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE IN L.A." let's see if that bogs him down.. :rofl:
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#6 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:21 am

Yeah we need to boo pierce. He shouldn't be accepted here anymore.
Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Post#7 » by Who-rod » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:31 am

C's started 2 series 2-0 in these playoffs, and both went back to 2-2, and ended in 7. C's started one playoff series 1-1, and it ended in 6. I don't think any 'real' fan from Boston is writing you guys off, we are far too pessimistic and paranoid to do that. At best we are cautiously optomistic, and realize that a win in this game would be huge, but a loss and this series is totally up for grabs.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#8 » by semi-sentient » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:44 am

Tonight will determine whether the Lakers should be written off or not.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#9 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:02 am

Corvus Crow wrote:We can win all 3 games at home. We aren't done. I do feel like if we don't give them hell it will reflect badly on the whole west. Utah title contenders. Spurs title contenders. We owe it to the west to get it going.

You know CC............. MAD PROPS TO YOU MANG.
Seriously.
You know why cause I felt the same way, but as I have creeped around all over this board, the hatered for the Lakers is insane.
I mean I actually reed Jazz and Nugget poster rooting for the Cs only because they dont want to see us winning another title, how sad is that.
After that I could care less about the west, its all about the P&G. FTW
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#10 » by IEcelticfan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:24 am

who's writing u guys off? WHICH media? bspn? arent you guys still the media darlings and have the media mvp darling too? i dont get it. where's the source of your team being written off??
Sunny_So_Cal
Rookie

Post#11 » by Sunny_So_Cal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:40 am

IEcelticfan wrote:who's writing u guys off? WHICH media? bspn? arent you guys still the media darlings and have the media mvp darling too? i dont get it. where's the source of your team being written off??

I think that it's mostly the ABC play by play announcers. Some of the ESPN terds seem to share the same general consensus. And I also believe that the local newspapers haven't been very uplifting either. We have to put up some form of resistance in this series, right? Game 3 was a war just like I predicted to the rest of my buddies.
You must know everything!
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#12 » by TruSkool » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:46 am

well lakers won game 3, but i see the celtics finishing us in 6
Sunny_So_Cal
Rookie

Post#13 » by Sunny_So_Cal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:56 am

iki4life wrote:well lakers won game 3, but i see the celtics finishing us in 6

Hear it here first. Game 5 is gonna be a war!
You must know everything!
phat_24
Junior
And1: 5

Post#14 » by phat_24 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:57 pm

or it could be elimination if we don't think about game 4 first :wavefinger:

but i will show some optimism for once and hope that the lamar that arrived before game 1 of the NBA finals appears in the next game at least. can you do that lamar? can you not drop your shoulder every time in the post or just not get an offensive foul?

i certainly hope so.

GO LAKERS!
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#15 » by hermes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:20 pm

one game at a time, gotta win game 4 first
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#16 » by Anklebreaker702 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Here what's up. The Celtics are playing good basketball we can't try to take any credit from them, but 1 thing that everyone is over looking is the fact that the Lakers really haven't played a very good game all the way through yet. I personally don't think that will happen for the entire series. If we can put together back to back very good games we should go back to Boston up 3-2 & if we can play 2 decent games in there (much like the 1st half of game 1 & 4th quarter of game 2) it's anybody's series @ that point
VETERAN LAKER FAN

Return to Los Angeles Lakers