ImageImageImageImageImage

Celtics@Lakers - Game IV, NBA FINALS.

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Verbal
Banned User
And1: 0

Celtics@Lakers - Game IV, NBA FINALS. 

Post#1 » by Verbal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:27 am

Gm. 4: Thursday, June 12 (8:30 p.m. ET) - BOS @ LAL.

It's time to tie up loose ends.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#2 » by dockingsched » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:41 am

in sasha we trust
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Flipdog69xxx
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Flipdog69xxx » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:44 am

Go Lakers!
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#4 » by 8'sReverse » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:06 am

I think it's time for Vlad to take a seat on the bench for the start of this one.

Other than that... GO LAKERS!!!
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#5 » by RJM » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:14 am

Good work Verbal, way to continue the good luck charm. IMO this game is now the biggest game of the season. We can't go down 1-3. This has got to be tied going into Game 5 at Staples! We need this game to steal momentum and potentially the series in Boston!

LETS GO LAKERS DAMNIT!!
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#6 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:16 am

Verb I'm glad you jumped this one again dog ! You got the mojo workin G !

Pau will play better. I agree 8'sReverse Vlad needs to chill on the cushion. Sasha starting to snatch minutes.

His D on Ray and Paul is decent because he's not AFRAID to guard them. Most guys don't do well on star players because they're scared to guard them to begin with.

All that said we gotta even this up. Move one day one game at a time.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
wfiles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#7 » by wfiles » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:37 am

This is the lineup Phil needs to start:
Fisher
Vujacic
Kobe
Odom
Gasol

:clap:
Lakerako
Senior

Post#8 » by Lakerako » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:49 am

All three games so far couldve gone either way. I don't think Pierce and KG will play as bad, and its difficult to imagine Sasha going off again for 20. If we wanna win game 4, Odom and Gasol have to wake up and play with a sense of urgency. Odom tried to be agressive today, but it kinda backfired on him as he was called for a couple offensive fouls. He has to be agressive but play smart. Gasol has to be tougher. He came alive down the streatch, but we need the Gasol of quarter 1 of game 2.

We saw Cassell in game 1, Powe in game 2, and a little bit of House in game 3, C's are running out of bench players to elevate them, hopefully we have figured out how to guard these guys by game 4.

Cmon LA win tie it up!
djericho
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#9 » by djericho » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:06 am

Need to penetrate, good things happened more often than not when the lakers got in the middle of Celtics D.

Limit 2nd chance points, play D on the big 3 like we did in game 3. Send Odom a tape of everything he did right and everything he did wrong.

Send the NBA tape of KG setting picks, the commentators are right it's almost an offensive foul everytime. He gets away with it tho because of his length I guess....

is it me or is Pierce in foul trouble every single game? need to keep him in foul trouble to get him out.

Go Lakers!!!!
Verbal
Banned User

Post#10 » by Verbal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:46 am

Iceburg Slim wrote:Good work Verbal, way to continue the good luck charm. IMO this game is now the biggest game of the season. We can't go down 1-3. This has got to be tied going into Game 5 at Staples! We need this game to steal momentum and potentially the series in Boston!

LETS GO LAKERS DAMNIT!!

Thanks.

DEEP3CL wrote:Verb I'm glad you jumped this one again dog ! You got the mojo workin G !

Pau will play better. I agree 8'sReverse Vlad needs to chill on the cushion. Sasha starting to snatch minutes.

His D on Ray and Paul is decent because he's not AFRAID to guard them. Most guys don't do well on star players because they're scared to guard them to begin with.

All that said we gotta even this up. Move one day one game at a time.

Good points, Deep3CL.

Sasha has shown that he's not afraid to win.

Fisher might have helped his game even more.

Oh, and before I forget - thanks for the props, man.

It's great to get feedback and discussion going on my threads early.

wfiles wrote:This is the lineup Phil needs to start:
Fisher
Vujacic
Kobe
Odom
Gasol

:clap:

^that's my wizzzard. ;)
Verbal
Banned User

Post#11 » by Verbal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:48 am

And my dumb ass will be making time to watch this game. :)
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#12 » by shobe_81 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:51 am

Pluses from game 3:
Transition defense was great
Rebounding wasn't a disparity
Defense overall was very good

Bench showed up tonight, Sasha big time, Farmar key plays, Luke kept Powe off the glass and played defense on him, and Ronny had his contributions because of Odom's inability to play smart.

In Game 4:

Where is Gasol, Odom and at times Fisher on offense? Again, Gasol is reminding me of Semi-Pro where Will Farrel keeps passing the ball out after receiving it because he doesn't like his inside position.

Odom has been confused as Phil would call it, he picks up silly fouls especially on the Offense where he just lowers his shoulder. You know those Celtics (Perkins, PJ Brown, and Powe) are going to flop their way to calls so why even give them the chance?

Radmanovic (take him out early)

Again as I had mentioned in one of the "Adjustments for game 3" thread (where did it go, did it get deleted or merged, or was I right on point :) ), Fisher plays Allen, Kobe plays Rondo/Pierce, and Sasha plays Rando/Pierce.

The Kobe on Rando worked perfectly because not only did Rando not get inside the paint but on the defensive Rando was forced to guard Kobe because of the Transition defense.

Sasha is not going to bail us out again IMO, but he played darn near perfect defense because he got in the players face and made sure they didn't have a good space by always bothering them with his hand movement.

Keep Rando out of the paint and keep his assists numbers down. Pressure the ball with Farmar and Sasha in full-court press. I have little hope for next 2 games if Gasol and Odom don't show up, it is just UnAcceptable.
And again play Hard and Aggressive
play Hard and Aggressive
play Hard and Aggressive
play Hard and Aggressive
play Hard and Aggressive
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#13 » by Kobay » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:16 am

Lakers need to do this next game.

Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#14 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:30 am

More Ariza too. Get him comfortable in the offense again so we can see less of Walton.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#15 » by Verbal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:43 am

Walton might be able to play against PJ Brown, but not against Powe.
lakerultimate
Ballboy

Game IV/ options 

Post#16 » by lakerultimate » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:18 am

We need to take it one game @ a time. From here on out every game counts. So there is no room for mistakes , every one especialy:(Odom, Luke, Vlad-Rad, even D-Fish. Must Step-it up. Give Ariza, & D.J. Farmar some min. if we are to win this game. Everyone must Step it Up!
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#17 » by hermes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:04 pm

shobe_81 wrote:
Sasha is not going to bail us out again IMO, but he played darn near perfect defense because he got in the players face and made sure they didn't have a good space by always bothering them with his hand movement.

don't be so sure

i agree on rondo, keep kobe on him that worked out well and if we can play like we did in the first half for a whole game, we can win game 4 a lot easier than we did game 3
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#18 » by hermes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:06 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:More Ariza too. Get him comfortable in the offense again so we can see less of Walton.
need to get trevor cutting to the rim more, he drove in on a good broken play, nice to see
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#19 » by Erik Eleven » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Trevor brought great intensity on the defensive end. Although he might not have had a great direct impact on game three, he had a great indirect impact on the game. He sparked the team and helped gretly in setting the defensive tone for the rest of the game.

Defense!!!
CX44
Analyst

Post#20 » by CX44 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 pm

Rondo said in this article he stepped on someone's foot anyone know if it was Odom. If he's not 100% for game 4 Fisher better abuse him. Without Rondo getting into the lane the Lakers D should be a lot better.

"I did try to go again in the fourth quarter, but I really couldn't make any hard cuts," Rondo added. "No one is 100 percent at this point, but I was probably 50 percent. Coach [Doc Rivers] made the right decision taking me out because I didn't have my quickness."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2 ... id=3437177

Return to Los Angeles Lakers