ImageImageImageImageImage

I miss Bynum

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

I miss Bynum 

Post#1 » by Squirrel Boy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:59 am

We would have been the team up 3-1 right now instead of being down 3-1.

That interior D and toughness is what we are lacking.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#2 » by The Laker Kid » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:01 am

I want Kwame back :mad: I miss that THUG attitude. Heck bring Smush back also :mad: :mad:
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#3 » by Slava » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:10 am

I miss alcohol. Damn none of that in the house tonight. Tough to sleep after this.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Squirrel Boy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:18 am

j-far wrote:I miss alcohol. Damn none of that in the house tonight. Tough to sleep after this.

I dont want to see or hear that word tonight.

That and Posey.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#5 » by Slava » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:19 am

j-far wrote:I miss alcohol. Damn none of that in the house tonight. Tough to sleep after this.

Kids, don't try this at home. :D

I'm off to the Off topic board to calm myself down.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
mattlanta
Senior
And1: 1

Post#6 » by mattlanta » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:20 am

...no comment. :roll:
KB24ST21
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by KB24ST21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:52 am

Idk how the hell i'm goin to sleep tonight... This is probably the wrong place to look for comfort (I've seen this board after some tough loses), but this is the only place where i can find some1 who kinda feels like me!!! No Homo
I do miss Bynum tho... No f'ing joke!!!
tayzer
Junior
And1: 1

Post#8 » by tayzer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:01 am

Tuff lost, but next year I will be happy if we sweep the Celts w/ Bynum and show them that they got lucky this year if they win.. No doubt, Bynum next to Gasol would have killed their front line. Plus, Gasol is no good at that alley hoop like Kobe was with Bynum.
Sireke
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Sireke » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:05 am

Bynum please read this. You hold the hope and dreams of all us lakers fans. Get in the gym stop going to USC parties. Come back looking like Governator not Pee Wee... Please work your ass off...
KB89
Sixth Man
And1: 199

Post#10 » by KB89 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:11 am

Bynum will be the key next season. We desperately need an inside force on defense that will block shots, intimidate defender not to just drive into the lane at will, and a guy to grab rebounds. Bynum is stellar at all three.
Sig made by me.
KB24ST21
Ballboy

Post#11 » by KB24ST21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:21 am

tayzer wrote:Tuff lost, but next year I will be happy if we sweep the Celts w/ Bynum and show them that they got lucky this year if they win.. No doubt, Bynum next to Gasol would have killed their front line. Plus, Gasol is no good at that alley hoop like Kobe was with Bynum.

I know it looks bad right now but you're talking like LA lost already... Look at it, 1 game at a time n keep extending the series. Easier said than done but I'll take my chances with KB24 on my team!!!
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#12 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:01 am

Yeah his defense in the middle would've been key because he's a shot blocker, a shot changer, a stronger rebounder then any big we have.

Boston would have to double him which really could've open the floor up much better then Pau or Lamar can.

But this is something that I want you young guys hear to remember.

Pat Riley once said," Before you can win a title you have to feel some pain". Well we've been scared really good tonight. Being an older guy then most here I've seen first hand what Riles was talking about then because I was only 15 when the Lakers first lost to the Celtics in 84.

And that's when Riles made that comment after they lost in 7.
But the Lakers developed a "killer instinct" after that and that is what is missing from this current team even with the great Kobe at the controls.

Bynum will remember how he wasn't a part of this playoff run and will play with a demon's heart next season.

I still hold out hope that we can get back in it but our mentality from our coaching staff to our players must change.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#13 » by rambo_ortega » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:47 am

I'm a celtics fan and i believe that the lakers are no doubt a nice match for us in the finals. They also dominated the west that's why they got this far.

However, with all due respect, saying that bynum is the key for the lakers to sweep the celtics has no basis at all. First of all, BYNUM was a non-factor on both regular season games wherein guys like odom and radman had success against us. 2nd, if you know the triangle, having a guy like gasol who can face up with 4 mobile players who can shoot around him makes the offense more fluid so you still can't conclude an outcome. Bynum playing at the same time with gasol can also pose a problem on offense. and the bottom line is that it's yet to be seen so no conclusions are valid. Imo, this is the best lakers team at this point. 3rd, the celtics defend better against a team who relies on the paint on offense than a team who focus much of their offense outside and on 3pt shots. Just see how well you score against us using small ball. With that said, just be classy enough to appreciate good defense and timely offense rather than make speculations about a player who is not a sure factor in this series.
phat_24
Junior
And1: 5

Post#14 » by phat_24 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:22 am

Here's my conclusion. Bynum + Gasol against Celtics > Bynum against Celtics.
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#15 » by rambo_ortega » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:36 am

^ very logical.=)
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#16 » by Spanish_Laker » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:04 pm

I really missed Shaq, more than Bynum...
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#17 » by dockingsched » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:23 pm

bynum isn't just the key defensively and on the boards, he's the key offensively too. look at what an elite defense can do to a swingman. kobe and lebron have struggled immensely against them. pau gasol can't back down his man and make them pay inside. its going to be about bynum. he's going to have to use his size and just punish teams inside and spearhead the inside out game.

rambo_ortega wrote:
However, with all due respect, saying that bynum is the key for the lakers to sweep the celtics has no basis at all.

where'd u get that from? one person said that they'd be up 3-1. one person. no one said they'd sweep the celtics. apologize.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Squirrel Boy
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Squirrel Boy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:57 pm

rambo_ortega wrote:I'm a celtics fan and i believe that the lakers are no doubt a nice match for us in the finals. They also dominated the west that's why they got this far.

However, with all due respect, saying that bynum is the key for the lakers to sweep the celtics has no basis at all. First of all, BYNUM was a non-factor on both regular season games wherein guys like odom and radman had success against us. 2nd, if you know the triangle, having a guy like gasol who can face up with 4 mobile players who can shoot around him makes the offense more fluid so you still can't conclude an outcome. Bynum playing at the same time with gasol can also pose a problem on offense. and the bottom line is that it's yet to be seen so no conclusions are valid. Imo, this is the best lakers team at this point. 3rd, the celtics defend better against a team who relies on the paint on offense than a team who focus much of their offense outside and on 3pt shots. Just see how well you score against us using small ball. With that said, just be classy enough to appreciate good defense and timely offense rather than make speculations about a player who is not a sure factor in this series.

OK, so you're saying we got Gasol by not thinking about our future with Bynum?

Nah man, you're wrong.

We got Gasol because we know we should be able to do WITH Bynum. Gasol is a mobile, athletic big man himself.

He can knock down that 15-20 feet J with consistency. With Kobe, LO, Bynum at the reigns, defenses will collapse and leave open space for our shooters. Gasol and Fisher can knock those shots down with ease.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Re: 

Post#19 » by hermes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:38 pm

j-far wrote:

Kids, don't try this at home. :D

I'm off to the Off topic board to calm myself down.

shoot the OTB is my second home, besides here

and yes kids do not go there

Return to Los Angeles Lakers