ImageImageImageImageImage

Finals Game 6: Celtics at Lakers 6 PM Pac Time 6/17

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Re: Finals Game 6: Celtics at Lakers 6 PM Pac Time 6/17 

Post#301 » by Lava Rock Kid » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:04 pm

It is amazing how easy it is to beat the Lakers when the refs are on their best behavior. Imagine if the Donaghy allegations would of happened during the Jazz and Spurs series.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#302 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:26 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:It is amazing how easy it is to beat the Lakers when the refs are on their best behavior. Imagine if the Donaghy allegations would of happened during the Jazz and Spurs series.

Its amazing how you keep coming to our board and trolling. Consider yourself warned.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#303 » by Lava Rock Kid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:39 am

Trolling removed. I should have warned you for this post but I won't. You're welcome. In return we'll have an extremely low tolerance level for trolling from you here in the future. You might want to consider not coming here again.

Erik Eleven
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#304 » by semi-sentient » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:43 am

Am I going crazy or has the "Ignore" feature been removed?
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#305 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:48 am

We had a great season. Yes some changes need to be made but the worst thing to do is make drastic changes because we didn't win it all. We didn't get Bynum back at all & you might as well say we didn't get Ariza back because Phil played him very sparingly but even with all that we came up 2 games short of the title. If we hadn't blown Game 4 it would have set up 1 helluva Game 7. I mentioned in an earlier post the 2 moves I'd like to see happen is us picking up Maggette & Bowen. We just need small pieces that fit, nothing over the top. I do agree you guys that say Luke & Vlad Cadet have to go but I want to see what Lamar can do with Bynum & Gasol I think it's worth seeing. If he doesn't perform then there you go.
I'm hoping that playing with Bynum will help Pau get tougher. Sometimes that type of play is contageous. He may see how much easier the game is for Drew because he plays tough & hard. Not so much all the time but especially when needed. Pau has to understand he doesn't get a lot of calls & always gets his shots challenged because they know he's going to go up soft 75% of the time so even "smaller" guys challenge because they know there's a chance they can block a lay up. You don't see those same guys challenging guys like Howard, Bynum, KG & the like because they are going up strong so what's probably going to come out of it is an and 1. So if Pau see's that hopefully it will rub off but i'm not 1 of the guys ready to throw him under the bus just yet because without him I don't think we even smell any paaaaarts of the Finals but he definately needs work.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#306 » by dockingsched » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:57 am

semi-sentient, click the username then click on "add foe"
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#307 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:02 am

yeah.. quick reply is back!
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#308 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:15 am

anklebreaker702 wrote:We had a great season. Yes some changes need to be made but the worst thing to do is make drastic changes because we didn't win it all. We didn't get Bynum back at all & you might as well say we didn't get Ariza back because Phil played him very sparingly but even with all that we came up 2 games short of the title. If we hadn't blown Game 4 it would have set up 1 helluva Game 7. I mentioned in an earlier post the 2 moves I'd like to see happen is us picking up Maggette & Bowen. We just need small pieces that fit, nothing over the top. I do agree you guys that say Luke & Vlad Cadet have to go but I want to see what Lamar can do with Bynum & Gasol I think it's worth seeing. If he doesn't perform then there you go.
I'm hoping that playing with Bynum will help Pau get tougher. Sometimes that type of play is contageous. He may see how much easier the game is for Drew because he plays tough & hard. Not so much all the time but especially when needed. Pau has to understand he doesn't get a lot of calls & always gets his shots challenged because they know he's going to go up soft 75% of the time so even "smaller" guys challenge because they know there's a chance they can block a lay up. You don't see those same guys challenging guys like Howard, Bynum, KG & the like because they are going up strong so what's probably going to come out of it is an and 1. So if Pau see's that hopefully it will rub off but i'm not 1 of the guys ready to throw him under the bus just yet because without him I don't think we even smell any paaaaarts of the Finals but he definately needs work.
After going against Drew and getting beat up in practice a lot hopefully he learns to be more aggressive next season.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#309 » by Anklebreaker702 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:18 am

Hopefully he will but I'm looking for us to return to the Finals again
VETERAN LAKER FAN
LeBron's Time
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#310 » by LeBron's Time » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:53 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Doc Rivers is a low life classless coach................up 34 and his starters are in. Remember what goes around comes around. Karma will kick his ass one day again just watch.

up 34 and kobe was still in, why hate doc and you dont hate phil?

fyi, kobe and the "great" odom are stay longer in the court than the celts big 3

Return to Los Angeles Lakers