ImageImageImageImageImage

$30 million invested in small forwards, yet thats our need?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

KingLakers
Analyst
And1: 6

Re: $30 million invested in small forwards, yet thats our need? 

Post#81 » by KingLakers » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:14 am

Bringing in a new SF to start means Odom has to go he isn't coming off the bench and Bynum isn't coming off the bench like some people have posted here. New starting SF means no more Odom and I said this before tonight I think Vlad is long gone most likely. Maybe to add some depth at PF maybe the Lakers can sign one of the vet PF's that will be available this summer like a Ratliff or something.
GO LAKERS
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#82 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 am

KingLakers wrote:Bringing in a new SF to start means Odom has to go he isn't coming off the bench and Bynum isn't coming off the bench like some people have posted here. New starting SF means no more Odom and I said this before tonight I think Vlad is long gone most likely. Maybe to add some depth at PF maybe the Lakers can sign one of the vet PF's that will be available this summer like a Ratliff or something.

i dont think odom cares if he comes off the bench or not

especially if he re-signs this summer and we bring in artest anyway

odom will still get around 30mpg of burn a night especially spelling gasol and artest during the course of the game
Schmooftie
Senior
And1: 102

Post#83 » by Schmooftie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:37 pm

It is all good and well saying Radman is as good as gone, but he is nearly untradeble. What team is going to commit that sort of cash for him unless the Lakers get back a worse contract or give up 1 or 2 other valuable pieces with him (eg Farmar).

The frontcourt of Odom\Gasol\Bynum is not going to work, it is going to clog up the keyway and prevent Kobe from penetrating and forcing him to become a jump shooter. Teams can just collapse on them on the inside as they will only have 1 shooter out on the floor (Fisher)

The Lakers have a solid, young core but i think they need to make a few changes to their roster as I cannot see Buss shelling out a lot of cash to keep some of the current players. Vujacic is a handy player but he is not worth the MLE, if some team is going to throw that cash at him then let him walk. The Lakers cannot have $20M tied up in one seasons salary for Vujacic/Radman/Walton.

I think the person's suggestion of Dunleavy may help the Lakers, although you would probably need to take back Murphy in a larger deal.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#84 » by hermes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:32 pm

ok about trading odom, when would you guys think they'd move him if they are going to
this offseason, or wait and see what happens during the season and move him before the deadline?
SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR
Junior
And1: 1

Re: 

Post#85 » by SiCk-R-tHaNeVeR » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:39 pm

xSABOx wrote:resign Vujacic is the 1st priority... 2nd is find a way to move either Walton or Radmanovic to replace Turiaf (someone's going to give him the full MLE)... 3rd is moving Odom for a better fit at SF for one of the following players...

1)Ron Artest
2)Tayshaun Prince
3)Mike Miller

I prefer in this order:

1) Prince
2) Miller
3) Artest only if he opts out and signs for 1 year CHEAP!

Also, Turiaf WILL NOT be offered the full MLE IMO...he is a great guy but common! I think he'll get something like 3-3.5M for 4-5 years, unfortunately I'm not sure the Lakers can even pay that for a 3-4th option.

Sasha on the other hand? Well I could see a team like the Spurs given most to all of the MLE cuz he fills a need and it would hurt the Lakers!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#86 » by Kilroy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:39 pm

hermes wrote:ok about trading odom, when would you guys think they'd move him if they are going to
this offseason, or wait and see what happens during the season and move him before the deadline?

They could move him before the draft... But my guess would be sometime slightly before the deadline...

I think we'll see who'll be available in a sign/trade and if nothing comes up, we'll see if anything amazing pops up as teams get into the season.

I think it'll go down like the last couple of seasons, with Kupchack working the phones for the right deal for what will seem like forever... And then either the right deal presents itself or it doesn't...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers