ImageImageImageImageImage

"We Need Toughness" = RON ARTEST

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Re: "We Need Toughness" = RON ARTEST 

Post#21 » by Gerald3Wallace » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:42 am

oh hell yeah...thats even better..odom takes a paycut...bynum decides to block out all the money thrown at him (knowing he will get a fat contract later down the road) and takes less money...get rid of rad and luke...sign artest

fisher/farmar
kobe/sash/ariza
artest/odom/ariza
gasol/odom/turiaf
bynum/turiaf/gasol

:pray: :pray: :pray:

we would easily have the best lineup and a 6th man that would start for some other teams also
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#22 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:50 am

I love ronny but guy needs to work on his game. I wouldn't care if he isn't back next year.
dunleavyjr
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#23 » by dunleavyjr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:59 am

Jeff Van Gundy = toughness
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#24 » by milesfides » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:06 am

You know, I've generally been supportive of Ron Artest, I understand concerns about him, but I think if there's any coach that can coach him, it's Phil, if there's any player he would submit to, it's Kobe, and if there's any situation that could channel his passion positively and control his demons, it would be on the Lakers.

Ron Artest is a big Kobe fan, he thought he was going to be traded to the Lakers, he talked with Kobe, and he even showed up at Staples center to watch the Lakers play before he was eventually traded to Sactown.

Here's a recent video of Artest and Kobe - Artest actually interviews Kobe for the "Best Damn Show Period," and I think it's pretty clear that there won't be any ego problems whatsoever. Artest will be Kobe's Rodman. He tells some pretty funny stories about Kobe though. These guys have some great respect for each other and there's some really good on-camera chemistry. Great watch, regardless of what you think of Artest. Talk about defense, playing against each other when they were teenagers, their daughters.

Ron Artest calls the interview the biggest opportunity he's had in his life, and calls Kobe his idol, before Lebron and Duncan, "and the list stops there."

http://ballhype.com/video/kobe_bryant_ron_artest/
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#25 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:18 am

Artest is hilarious like Rodman. He plays mind games

look at this
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#26 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:50 am

so other than artest

we get JVG?

do it mitch!
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Chubby Chaser » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:51 am

Artest is exactly who we are looking for. A legit tough defender, that can both shut down the opposing team's best player, and hit the three. He'll be our enforcer that we so desperately needed in the Boston series. Let's face it, if we want to win a ring. It'll go through boston. THe east is so weak, that unless any major trades happen. Boston will probably have a cake walk to the finals each year. So we should build our team around beating theirs. When Bynum comes back we should have an advantage with our bigs as Bynum and Pau> KG and Perkins. All we need now is someone to shut down PP. And Ron Ron can fit the bill. We're soft and considered a finesse team. Getting Bynum back, and having Artest would quickly dismiss those rumors. You think Bell will try to clothesline Kobe again knowing that Artest will be there to rip off his head if anyone dare touches Kobe. And if for some reason we get Artest without giving up LO, for example the MLE. Lamar will be coming off the bench, not Artest. DO IT MITCH!
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#28 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:48 am

do we still need artest if we have odom to guard pierce?
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 133

Post#29 » by SacTown Kings » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Wow I have no idea what you all are smoking but no way in hell Kings trade Artest to the Lakers unless Bynum or Gasol are involved. And I couldn't stop laughing after reading some of these posts talking about how you are going to sign him for the MLE. I don't want to come off as a troll but seriously do you know how ridiculous this all sounds. Artest is not opting out he and his agent has said that over and over. And even if by the small chance he does I doubt he signs with the Lakers. He is exactly what the Lakers need, add him to this team and you guys beat the Celtics. But it is not going to happen, sorry.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#30 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:Artest is hilarious like Rodman. He plays mind games

look at this

Best Artest's play ever: Link
creepystan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#31 » by creepystan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:55 pm

Here are the facts:
Los Angeles Lakers Date # of total
Player signed years salary misc FA
DJ Mbenga ............. 1/21/08 1 minimum '08
Ira Newble ............ 3/21/08 1 minimum '08
Ronny Turiaf .......... 10/1/07 1 minimum '08
Sasha Vujacic ......... ??/04 4 $4,488,152 rc '08
Trevor Ariza .......... 7/27/06 3 $8 million '09
Kobe Bryant ........... 7/15/04 7 $136.4 million p-opt '09
Andrew Bynum .......... 7/6/05 4 $8,860,260 rc '09
Coby Karl ............. 7/30/07 2 minimum t-opt '09
Lamar Odom ............ 8/11/03 6 $71.7 million '09
Chris Mihm ............ 7/19/07 2 $5 million '09
Jordan Farmar ......... 7/5/06 4 $4,975,920 rc t-opt '10
Derek Fisher .......... 7/20/07 3 $14 million '10
Pau Gasol ............. 9/18/01,10/1/04 4+6 $13,899,521+$86 mill '11
Vladimir Radmanovic ... 7/12/06 5 $31 million '11
Luke Walton ........... 7/12/07 6 $30 million '13

Luke and Vlad are next to impossible to trade. Who wants either of their contracts?
So we are stuck with them. Got to be realistic.
Ron would have to opt out of his last year at 8.45million for us to even sign him to the MLE.
Quote "99 percent sure I won't opt out of my contract" 6/18 - that doesn't sound good.
And if you want to trade for him ...well your going to have to take Sacs contracts that
they don't want. like this Trade ID #4659328 (Lamar for Artest/Rahim)
or Trade ID #4659359(Lamar for Artest/K. Thomas) and even then those players have to agree
to be traded due to contract b.s.
We need to let Sasha, Turiaf etc...walk and then try to sign some players that are
Unrestricted Free Agents...hungry/something to prove/ playing for a long term deal/ players.
3 guys jump out at me...all Warriors incidently and all play D-fense, hit the 3-ball and play SG/SF.
Matt Barnes, Mickael Pietrus, Kelenna Azubuike (had a PO, just opted out)
Get 2 of those guys to split the MLE and let them play their hearts out for a contract
with someone...possibly the Lakes.
/my two cents
// here is the UFA list
Celtics – Sam Cassell, Eddie House, Scot Pollard
Bobcats – Derek Anderson
Bulls – Shannon Brown, Chris Duhon
Cavaliers – Devin Brown
Mavericks – Malik Allen, Devean George, Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue, Jamaal Magloire, Antoine Wright
Nuggets - Anthony Carter, Eduardo Najera
Pistons – Juan Dixon, Jarvis Hayes, Lindsey Hunter, Theo Ratliff
Warriors – Matt Barnes, Austin Croshere, Patrick O'Bryant, Mickael Pietrus
Rockets – Dikembe Mutombo
Pacers – Kareem Rush
Clippers – Dan Dickau, Quinton Ross
Lakers – Ira Newble
Grizzlies – Kwame Brown, Casey Jacobsen
Heat – Earl Barron, Ricky Davis, Alonzo Mourning, Jason Williams
Bucks – Royal Ivey, Michael Ruffin, Jake Voskuhl
Timberwolves – Michael Doleac
Nets – Darrell Armstrong, DeSagana Diop, Bostjan Nachbar
Hornets – Ryan Bowen, Bonzi Wells
Knicks – Fred Jones
Magic – Carlos Arroyo, Keyon Dooling, Maurice Evans, Pat Garrity
Sixers – Kevin Ollie
Suns – Gordan Giricek, Sean Marks, Eric Piatkowski, Brian Skinner
Kings – Anthony Johnson, Beno Udrih, Lorenzen Wright
Spurs – Brent Barry, Michael Finley, Robert Horry, Kurt Thomas
Sonics – Francisco Elson
Raptors – Primoz Brezec
Wizards – Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Roger Mason
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#32 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:58 pm

SacTown Kings wrote:Wow I have no idea what you all are smoking but no way in hell Kings trade Artest to the Lakers unless Bynum or Gasol are involved. And I couldn't stop laughing after reading some of these posts talking about how you are going to sign him for the MLE. I don't want to come off as a troll but seriously do you know how ridiculous this all sounds. Artest is not opting out he and his agent has said that over and over. And even if by the small chance he does I doubt he signs with the Lakers. He is exactly what the Lakers need, add him to this team and you guys beat the Celtics. But it is not going to happen, sorry.
I know that is your opinion based on your personal conversations you have with Ron so I will leave it alone. I mean a chance to not make the playoffs again is more important to Ron with a team that wont even disscuss an extension with him than a chance at a championship with a team that wants him on sign and trade deal for a lot more money than he is making now.
Forum permissions