ImageImageImageImageImage

Robin Lopez

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

Robin Lopez 

Post#1 » by joe.linnen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:33 am

I was thinking about some of the big men in this years draft. I was wondering about Robin Lopez. Is he a good player, could we use him, or would he even fall into the late second round? Just me thinking, I'm look for your input, just see where you all stand on this sibject
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Re: Robin Lopez 

Post#2 » by RJM » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:50 am

Looks to me like he's going to be a 2nd rounder. I see too many of the athletes getting snatched up. He won't be around in time for us though. He won't address our need of getting rid of VladRad, so he won't help us.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#3 » by hermes » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:40 am

i'm a big fan of the lopez brothers, but no way robin is falling to 58, if he does he has to be taken there
AirGordon
Junior

Post#4 » by AirGordon » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:38 am

Its been going around that his stock has been going up and he make it into the late lottery with his brother. The lowest it looks like he would go is late first round.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#5 » by That Nicka » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:51 am

He wont fall to 58
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#6 » by 8'sReverse » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:53 am

I'm thinking the draft will not help us whatsoever. Look what we got last year... do you see them playing?
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#7 » by dockingsched » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:59 am

8'sReverse wrote:I'm thinking the draft will not help us whatsoever. Look what we got last year... do you see them playing?

marc gasol got the lakers pau!
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#8 » by 8'sReverse » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:34 am

Well, since you put it that way I guess we should take him! :lol:
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"
joe.linnen
Banned User

Post#9 » by joe.linnen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:05 am

well could we trade up in the draft for him? I'm not sure about this. As I watched the post season and it hit me hard as hell we had no real center to go out there and really bang inside. The rotation was Gasol, Odom, Radmanovic, Walton, and Turiaf. That is too damn small. Sure Mihm and DJ played but it was as if they weren't on the court. I just feel even after we get Bynum back we still need somebody to back him up. If Kwame Brow would be easer to get the we need tto go after him. In other words our team looks good, but we just needed a real center in the post-season.

SF:Bryant/Ariza/Walton
PF:Gasol/Turiaf/Radmanovic
C:Bynum/(Brown and/or Lopez)
SG:Odom/Vujacic
PG:Fisher/Farmar
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#10 » by hermes » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:20 pm

but who would we trade to move up? no one is going to take vlad from us, and they'll probably want picks, there isn't a lot anyone can do with #58 and i don't know if we have our first rounder next year or not
creepystan
Ballboy

Post#11 » by creepystan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:52 pm

We've got a late first rounder in 09' and (2) second rounders in 09' (one from Charlotte).
I'm still hurting from the 2006 Draft when we could have had Monta Ellis and/or Andray Blatche
Amir Johnson instead of Turiaf and Von Wafer at picks 37,39.
But, we did steal Bynum at 10 that year...
58 this year? overseas player that does not effect our cap space or decent/deep bench guy
that backs up the PF/C position.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#12 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:56 pm

The NBA announced the 16 players that will be available to the media on Wednesday and also in the Green Room during the actual draft on Thursday.

- Joe Alexander (West Virginia) - Darrell Arthur (Kansas) - DJ Augustin (Texas) - Jerryd Bayless (Arizona) - Michael Beasley (Kansas State) - Danilo Gallinari (Italy) - Eric Gordon (Indiana) - DeAndre Jordan (Texas A&M) - Brook Lopez (Stanford) - Robin Lopez (Stanford) - Kevin Love (UCLA) - OJ Mayo (USC) - Anthony Randolph (LSU) - Derrick Rose (Memphis) - Brandon Rush (Kansas)) - Russell Westbrook (UCLA)

I dont think he is planning on dropping to the 2nd round.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to Los Angeles Lakers