ImageImageImageImageImage

Would Grizz ever deal with us again?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Would Grizz ever deal with us again? 

Post#1 » by Dexmor » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:23 pm

They got alot of flack for the trade of Pau Gasol and the commentators say they would probably not want to trade with the Lakers again because of this.
Now we did not put a gun to the Grizz head. We didn't give them a pick that was sopposed to be lotto and turned out to be nothing or a player whohad awesome potential and turned out to be a bust.
As a matter of fact some people seem to think Marc Gasol will be a hell of a player.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... ke_a_move/

The reason I am asking this is because of the article today on realgm.com which is

The Grizzlies are reportedly looking to make a move of some kind after missing out on free agent forward Josh Smith earlier this offseason, according to Memphis Edge.

They reportedly have had trade discussions with the Knicks involving Zach Randolph, and the talks still ongoing.

Memphis is willing to part with Darko Milicic in a package that wouldn't include either Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, or O.J. Mayo.

The Blazers are also looking for a point guard, and could offer Travis Outlaw in a deal with the Grizzlies.

With the addition of Fisher and the improvement of the team the Lakers were 1 player away from becoming dominant anyway it''s not like they were bottom dwellers then we rob the Grizz and almost get a ring.

According to this article they are looking to trade OJ or possibly Rudy Gay? I don't know why they would but if true they are sopposedly talking to the Knicks about Zack.
We could offer a much better package then that surrounding Odom.

Something like Odom and Farmar for Darko and Mayo and something else or Gay and Darko and something for the cap purposes.

I don't know if the Grizz would deal with us and unless they saw something they didn't like about Mayo I don't know if they would risk giving him to us even for Odom and then him turn out to be a Wade type guy and we end up with Gasol and Mayo winning us rings.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Re: Would Grizz ever deal with us again? 

Post#2 » by tkb » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Memphis is willing to part with Darko Milicic in a package that wouldn't include either Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, or O.J. Mayo.
bubba
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by bubba » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:48 pm

i was thinking the same thing. you just wrote theyre not willing to part with gay, conley, or mayo. then you wrote a trade proposal including one of them? and no, i dont think memphis would trade with you again, unless theres a new gm in memphis. but you never know...
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#4 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:55 pm

lol
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
CX44
Analyst

Post#5 » by CX44 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:29 pm

I would rather have Odom than Darko. Darko only plays C and does not have the outside shot to play PF. Besides he is only an average NBA player.
Frantik
Sixth Man
And1: 37

Post#6 » by Frantik » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:04 pm

Vlady for Marc Gasol.... only if it was possible....
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#7 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:28 pm

Dexmore business is business and if it came down to it where they're in a situation to gain cap space they'll do it again. Don't believe in the logic that the media is fostering, they don't own the teams.

Just like Chris Wallace said," Everybody in the league had a chance to make a deal for Pau and Los Angeles was the only one willing to take on the contract." It goes to show you that 29 other GM's FAILED to do their homework on what would make the deal work. It was not a secret that Heisley was and still is going to sell that team.

My message to the other 29 teams is that's what happen when you get caught slippin.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#8 » by laduane1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:49 pm

If there was a deal that could help any team, no matter the team, if it is fair for both sides, I would not think that whatever team would pass up a good deal. They were looking to dump salary, they got 9 plus million off the books with K. Brown.

I would think they would look twice at any deal with the Lakers. But say we traded Odom for whatever and then they were able to dump 14 million off there books again. Would they be so stupid not to do it. They would be under the cap and be able to sign a great player. So it all depends on how they look at it and what happens in the future.

Warriors did not think they would loose M. Ellis for 4 months, so now they must scramble to find someone to replace him. I bet they would do a deal with a team even in there own division.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#9 » by slifersd » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:50 pm

I don't think that Gasol deal was as lopsided as many people initially thought. Memphis got two first round picks, two great young players, and a major salary dump. What else would you want from trading away a star player? I definitely see Memphis dealing with us again if, of course, the right deal comes along.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#10 » by DubaLakers » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:56 am

Sure they would I didn't think it was that bad of a trade actually. Gasol Marc is an above average center strong big bodied 18pts 8 reb a game player. Plus they got Critt already showing big promise. And they got 1st round picks a few right. We got Gasol Pau above average player who si smooth, but lacks raw power and strength that really showed int eh playoffs.

Personally I want Milicic.
bobobolas1
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by bobobolas1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 pm

Marc Gasol is good, yee. but why we gotta trade for him? just because he was on our time before?

Thats what we had to pay to get Pau, or did you really think memphis did the trade in order the have KWAME?

Memphis did it to get Marc, Javaris and the cap space of kwame. picture Atlanta wouldnt made the offer shet for josh smith...

Marc,javaris and Josh>>>Pau. If you dont think so give them a couple of years.

So i dont see them trading Marc Gasol unless its for a real improvement in a long term, and guess what? Vlad, farmar, or whatever we can offer isnt good for them.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers