Andrew Bynum Extension = Fkuck

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Andrew Bynum Extension = Fkuck 

Post#1 » by kno » Wed Oct 1, 2008 2:30 am

Apparently, Bynum will leave all contract talks up to the deuche agent, David Lee.

Lakers' center Andrew Bynum claims that he isn't concerned about a possible contract extension with the team.

"It's not a concern of mine at all," Bynum said. "That's business. My agent takes care of it. What I've got to do is play well and make people believe that I'm the great player I'm supposed to be."

Bynum and the Lakers have until Oct. 31 to come to an agreement.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... handle_it/

As long as Bynum produces the numbers we all know he's capable of, I guess this will be irrelevant, but knowing how Bynum has said he wont take the max unless he knows he deserves it, this can turn ugly.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Re: Andrew Bynum Extension = Fkuck 

Post#2 » by dockingsched » Wed Oct 1, 2008 2:42 am

he'll be worth the max, all problems solved.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Post#3 » by AceFresh » Wed Oct 1, 2008 2:47 am

80 MIL FTWW
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#4 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Oct 1, 2008 2:47 am

This is just away to deflect the questions away from him. He and his agent are very much on the same page with the same mission. However, he pays and is going to PAY this guy loot, and he is just deffering all quesitons to his agent.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#5 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Oct 1, 2008 4:03 am

Things will be handled properly. Come the 31st we'll be having the first of mini celebrations here........I hope.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
jirojan
Rookie
And1: 231

Post#6 » by jirojan » Wed Oct 1, 2008 4:24 am

if he earns it im sure the buss will have no problem paying it
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#7 » by Patterns » Wed Oct 1, 2008 4:59 am

Kno wrote:Apparently, Bynum will leave all contract talks up to the deuche agent, David Lee.

Lakers' center Andrew Bynum claims that he isn't concerned about a possible contract extension with the team.

"It's not a concern of mine at all," Bynum said. "That's business. My agent takes care of it. What I've got to do is play well and make people believe that I'm the great player I'm supposed to be."

Bynum and the Lakers have until Oct. 31 to come to an agreement.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... handle_it/

As long as Bynum produces the numbers we all know he's capable of, I guess this will be irrelevant, but knowing how Bynum has said he wont take the max unless he knows he deserves it, this can turn ugly.

Besides Portland fans, was there any doubt that Bynum was going to get the max? Don't worry about it too much. We're not paying for it(at least not directly). Buss is.
Verbal
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Verbal » Wed Oct 1, 2008 5:05 am

Bynum should be able to earn his keep; not only this season but for the rest of his "Lakers" career.

The max is not out of the question.
CX44
Analyst

Post#9 » by CX44 » Wed Oct 1, 2008 3:17 pm

If the Lakers decide to give him the max that should not give him an out clause. Give him more than he is worth right now and prevent him from getting out of his contract if he puts up great numbers. This way each gives a little.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#10 » by TonyMontana » Wed Oct 1, 2008 4:02 pm

Okay a question?

What if he gets hurt again?
Then what do we do?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#11 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Oct 1, 2008 4:49 pm

anyone at any time can get hurt, tony. Its the risk you take in this league. Bynum's injury was more fluke than him being fragile. The best we can hope for is a healhy Bynum and he trains hard to help prevent injury.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#12 » by TruSkool » Wed Oct 1, 2008 4:52 pm

im guessing

4 year/50 million...nothin more than that...translates to 1 year/12.5 million
Verbal
Banned User

Post#13 » by Verbal » Wed Oct 1, 2008 5:38 pm

If you really wanna get ya bang for ya buck then you gotta make the fk sign an (incentive laced) "prenup".
aussie_laker
Sophomore

Post#14 » by aussie_laker » Wed Oct 1, 2008 11:12 pm

i know we all think Kobe has matured.... please god let him have matured enough to take a cut when necessary
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#15 » by microfib4thewin » Thu Oct 2, 2008 12:14 am

Kobe wouldn't take a pay cut, and he shouldn't need to given how much responsiblity he has on this team.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,108

Post#16 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Oct 2, 2008 4:31 am

Not only that, but, the CBA doesn't' allow for it.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,720

Post#17 » by CableKC » Thu Oct 2, 2008 5:40 am

iki4life wrote:im guessing

4 year/50 million...nothin more than that...translates to 1 year/12.5 million

Wow....that's a pretty lowball offer for a True Center like Bynum....despite returning from an injury.

What is the MAX Contract offer that the Lakers can give him this season?

I'm not suggesting that you guys give him one without seeing how he does in Training Camp.....but $12.5 mil a year seems pretty low for what he will likely produce.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#18 » by dockingsched » Thu Oct 2, 2008 5:47 am

yeah, thats terribly low.

lakers will give him the max if they have to, so i view all of this as a non issue. bynum has some serious leverage. lakers stood by him over kobe last offseason, and that was before showing some serious potential last yr and showing some serious physical improvements this yr. he's now 100% so i don't think his freak injury is even something that should come up. there will be teams next offseason with the space needed to offer him a max too.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#19 » by supergallinari » Thu Oct 2, 2008 9:16 am

Bynum should get the max. A young huge center with good skills is worth the max just for future potential. If Deng and Bogut can get near the max so should Bynum.

4/50 is way too low.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#20 » by Chubby Chaser » Thu Oct 2, 2008 9:43 am

In all honesty. Camp Bynum and his agent can ask for the Max, and for Jeanie Buss to come over and wash his car every other sunday in a bikini and he would get it. The Lakers organization has absolutely no leverage to hold against Andrew this year. If he proves in training camp and the pre season that he's the exact same player he was before he got injured (or better) then there's no way in hell the Lakers even risk letting him walk. Mitch Kupchak himself said in interviews in the off season when asked "what moves he'll make in the summer to address the defensive and toughness issues?" He answered the he doesn't have too because Andrew will shore up all these problems once he returns. Having said that, albeit true, he pretty much threw any leverage the Lakers organization had out the window in terms of low balling Bynum.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers