ImageImageImageImageImage

Kobe to Greece talk again

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Kobe to Greece talk again 

Post#1 » by The Skyhook » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:14 pm

I saw this article on ESPN. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-3 ... n----.html

The article talks about a rumor of a team offering Kobe $60 million, a yacht, and a private jet. Thats pretty insane deal. If Kobe were to be offered this deal I think he would have to think about it for a while. What do you guys think Kobe would do if he was offered this much to play in Greece
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Re: Kobe to Greece talk again 

Post#2 » by hermes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:42 pm

lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by lakersfanatic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Awe man.. more temptations. lol

If Kobe were already retired and 40-50 years old, then i wouldn't mind him taking the deal lol jk.

Actually, I don't want Kobe to ever leave the Lakers period, but in truth, if he were to opt out and go anywhere else... i'd rather he went overseas then play for the opposing team. It would just hurt too much (my emotional side is kicking in right now.. haha).. to play against OUR legend.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#4 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:29 pm

Here are some of the sports front pages from today in Greece:
^^^3-year $60 million deal
^^^This one says 3 years for 60 Million EURO
^^^60 million offer (doesn't say dollars or Euros)
All the papers are saying 3-year 60 million deal (whether dollars or Euros) but I'm sure we'd raise the price if Kobe were to really consider coming to Pireaus.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#5 » by laduane1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Kobe is the Lakers. Take him away, better stock up on lottery balls. I could never see this happen. We would offer him a shorter contract and he would get the money he wants.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#6 » by crazyeights » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:30 pm

:lol: old picture.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#7 » by TonyMontana » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:11 pm

I realize that every other month we get someone out in Greece, Somalia, Russia, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Hungry etc throwing a so called offer of 50 to 100 million dollars for two or three seasons to Kobe, Lebron or billy bob, but come on now. When Kobe or Lebron signs an offer sheet to that team, then we need to get all wild up and concerned about it.
How many of these have we seen or heard of.
These garbage magazines remind me of the US version of the Inquiry or the Sun.
This is such a joke, I mean dont this guys get tired of all this crap, all they are doing is trying to get some poor idiot in Greece to buy the newspaper.
What people fail to realize is that Kobe Lebron and other high profile Athletes can never get the money that they are getting here in the states. Keep in mind Im talking about everything, Marketing campain ads, shoe deals, all the gravy the endorsement brings them and also imagine the size of Creece, and their fan base, nothing can compare even if you add Europe to it to the fame and glory these guys recieve here in the states.
But hey lets keep these idiots that keep throwing these outragous figures out there happy. Lets see if one of these so called Euro idiots will ever come through with thesse offers, until then I think all of this is a joke.
Greece National team doesnt make 50 million a year, how are they gone afford to pay Kobe 60 million for 3 years.......lolll
slickgreek
Senior

Post#8 » by slickgreek » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:29 pm

The Angelopoulos brothers are insanely rich, and this could really happen. The only way this would happen is if Kobe gets another ring. He needs another ring to establish his place amung the elite. Then I could see this happening. MJ changed the game of basketball, and really this is Kobe's chance to globalize basketball. I see Kobe taking a 1 year deal worth about 30-40 million.
LEBRON- 0 RINGS
KOBE- 4 RINGS

lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by lakersfanatic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:06 pm

Like i said before... if he does opt out and go somewhere else. I prefer it be overseas and not another nba team. Seeing kobe in another nba jersey just irks the hell out of me lol.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#10 » by ChocolateThundr » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:11 pm

slickgreek wrote:The Angelopoulos brothers are insanely rich, and this could really happen. The only way this would happen is if Kobe gets another ring. He needs another ring to establish his place amung the elite. Then I could see this happening. MJ changed the game of basketball, and really this is Kobe's chance to globalize basketball. I see Kobe taking a 1 year deal worth about 30-40 million.

If Kobe gets a ring this year he will want another one, and another one, and another one
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#11 » by TonyMontana » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:05 pm

ChocolateThundr wrote:
slickgreek wrote:The Angelopoulos brothers are insanely rich, and this could really happen. The only way this would happen is if Kobe gets another ring. He needs another ring to establish his place amung the elite. Then I could see this happening. MJ changed the game of basketball, and really this is Kobe's chance to globalize basketball. I see Kobe taking a 1 year deal worth about 30-40 million.

If Kobe gets a ring this year he will want another one, and another one, and another one

Tell Chocolate..................... Money aint ish to these guys, legacy and a place as the best of the best is.
Look at MJ, yes basketball wasn't as global as it is today, but MJ got paid, and when he decided to leve the game he took a part of it with him and still be a part of it.
LA and Kobe are one, if Kobe leave then Skip him AGAIN.
Luxury
Junior
And1: 3

Post#12 » by Luxury » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Kobe to Greece... for vacation with his family next year maybe.
"Kobe Bryant.. is the greatest player in our era" -Dwyane Wade
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#13 » by laduane1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 pm

Another YAWN story. Or a story with someone needing to get a story out and why not use the NBA MVP.

:wink:
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by lakersfanatic » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:24 pm

Latest on this article:

People asked him during an interview about the Olympiakos and he responded:
NEXT QUESTION!

Best answer i've heard haha.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#15 » by DoctaJ » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:42 am

^ Kobe to Greece talk shut down.. again.
BlazertheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#16 » by BlazertheGreek » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:19 pm

I just don't see this happening. I can't imagine Kobe leaving the Lakers anytime soon. Kobe and the Lakers is like peanut butter and jelly....not gonna happen. I would be very surprised if it did.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers