ImageImageImageImageImage

Request for Lakers Fans

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Request for Lakers Fans 

Post#1 » by TheRevTy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Hey guys, I'm a fan of the Orlando Magic. I was just wondering if any of you could give a report of how Fran Vazquez looks in your game against Barcelona tonight. I know, I know, Fran Vazquez. Maybe he'll get his name out there for trades?

Thanks!
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Re: Request for Lakers Fans 

Post#2 » by TonyMontana » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:20 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Hey guys, I'm a fan of the Orlando Magic. I was just wondering if any of you could give a report of how Fran Vazquez looks in your game against Barcelona tonight. I know, I know, Fran Vazquez. Maybe he'll get his name out there for trades?

Thanks!

WHO?
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#3 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:12 pm

That's the guy experts said the Lakers should've pick back in the 2005 draft instead of Bynum.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#4 » by Verbal » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:24 pm

That depends what channel the game is gonna be on, Rev...

But you might want to ask the ppl on the Magics Forum to be safe. :wave:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#5 » by TonyMontana » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:54 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:That's the guy experts said the Lakers should've pick back in the 2005 draft instead of Bynum.

Thank you Mang.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#6 » by kno » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Verbal wrote:That depends what channel the game is gonna be on, Rev...

But you might want to ask the ppl on the Magics Forum to be safe. :wave:

I doubt the Lakers vs Barcelona game will be shown in Florida.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#7 » by Verbal » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:23 pm

The ppl in South Beach probably care more about the kid than we do.

If you... knowwhatimsaying.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by kno » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:51 pm

Verbal wrote:The ppl in South Beach probably care more about the kid than we do.

lol. Its not about caring. Its about actually being able to see the guy play. People in Orlando wont be able to see Fran play because it wont be aired over there, so he's asking Laker fans, who will get to see him play, to report back with how he plays.

Just like Marc Gasol when he was a Laker. We cared about how he did over in Spain, but we couldnt watch him first hand, so people in Spain who were able to see him play reported back to us with how he did.

:)
ball junkie
Ballboy

Post#9 » by ball junkie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:40 pm

I get DirecTV...I live in the Orlando area...the game is being broadcast on FSW(Fox Sports West)...it is channel 692 on my television...anybody that subscribes to the sports package fror DirecTV can view this game...I'm a Magic fan also...would be very interested in hearing what you guys think too...it starts at 10:30 Eastern time...1st time poster
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#10 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:53 am

ball junkie wrote:I get DirecTV...I live in the Orlando area...the game is being broadcast on FSW(Fox Sports West)...it is channel 692 on my television...anybody that subscribes to the sports package fror DirecTV can view this game...I'm a Magic fan also...would be very interested in hearing what you guys think too...it starts at 10:30 Eastern time...1st time poster
Solid post for the first shot kid ! You'll have a promising career here on RealGM !
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Verbal
Banned User

Post#11 » by Verbal » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:56 am

Nice save, ball junkie. :wink:

Kno- I think so... Ifyouseewhatimtyping. :winkgrin: :devil: :evil: :rofl2: :-? :dontknow: :) :angel: :P :biggrin:
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by kno » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:32 am

ball junkie wrote:I get DirecTV...I live in the Orlando area...the game is being broadcast on FSW(Fox Sports West)...it is channel 692 on my television...anybody that subscribes to the sports package fror DirecTV can view this game...I'm a Magic fan also...would be very interested in hearing what you guys think too...it starts at 10:30 Eastern time...1st time poster

Ahh. i was under teh impression that it was gonna be on Kcal 9 like past preseason games.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#13 » by scoobs07 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:52 am

First impression of Vasquez: Looks more like a veteren than a kid that just got drafted a couple years ago. I dont think he has done much in this game, so I cant give a detailed analysis at this point. All I could say is that he doesn't have the dear in the headlights look like some of his teamates and some of our players like Sun Yue. I remember when the Lakers were looking at Vasquez with the tenth pick, but we took Bynum. It appears that Bynum has bulked up quite a bit since then. He might be 6-10 245, good weight for an NBA power forward. I recall back then he was about 225-230, which was one of his opportunity areas. If anything, he looks like a confident player out there.
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#14 » by TheRevTy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey guys, I appreciate it, especially scoobs.

Yeah, I should've explained myself. Basically, we drafted this guy, and he ditched us, leaving many a fan jaded towards his existence. However, we still have his rights, and while he may never play for us (he obviously has a bit of a tough reputation to get over in Orlando) it would be helpful if he showed something when he played against NBA quality talent so that some team may be interested in his rights.

Thanks again!
Verbal
Banned User

Post#15 » by Verbal » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:23 pm

Kno wrote:

Ahh. i was under teh impression that it was gonna be on Kcal 9 like past preseason games.

TA-DOW!

:naaa: :naaa: :naaa:
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#16 » by Patterns » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:08 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Hey guys, I appreciate it, especially scoobs.

Yeah, I should've explained myself. Basically, we drafted this guy, and he ditched us, leaving many a fan jaded towards his existence. However, we still have his rights, and while he may never play for us (he obviously has a bit of a tough reputation to get over in Orlando) it would be helpful if he showed something when he played against NBA quality talent so that some team may be interested in his rights.

Thanks again!

He didn't look anything special.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers