I am almost back

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

I am almost back 

Post#1 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:31 pm

as some of you may know I have been away all summer working at sea at the other side of the world. I will be back in the mainland (yes I am in Hawaii) in a few days. I haven't had the chance to watch my beloved Lakers this preseason and other than occassionally snooping this wonderfull site I have no clue what is going on.

so I have a few questions:

1. how is Mihm working out off the bench?
2. is the Radman sticking to his defense pledge?
3. did Tony Montana pop a cap on Bynums agents a$$ yet?
4. how do you think Farmar will do against CP3 and Deron williams this season?
5. is the machine playing yet?
6. has Minhee killed anyone recently?
7. what the hell is up with Phil shaving his stash? I guess Genny got tired of the Colonel Sanders look.
8. is our defense gonna hold up against the Celtics this year?
9. who the hell is opening Clipper news threads here? (shakes fist!)
10. do you beleive Bynum will put us over the line and helps bring the O'Brian to Figueroa?

go Lakers!
we want tacos!
f*&% the Celtics!
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Re: I am almost back 

Post#2 » by iamworthy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:17 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:as some of you may know I have been away all summer working at sea at the other side of the world. I will be back in the mainland (yes I am in Hawaii) in a few days. I haven't had the chance to watch my beloved Lakers this preseason and other than occassionally snooping this wonderfull site I have no clue what is going on.

7. what the hell is up with Phil shaving his stash? I guess Genny got tired of the Colonel Sanders look.
10. do you beleive Bynum will put us over the line and helps bring the O'Brian to Figueroa?

go Lakers!
we want tacos!
f*&% the Celtics!

1. how is Mihm working out off the bench? Mihm looks pretty good. I can see him really coming into form around right before the all-star break. He should be able to give the bigs a rest when they need it. We only need him for about 10-15 min per game. He should do fine.

2. is the Radman sticking to his defense pledge? Vlade has had his hands on a few tipped balls. If your asking if his defense has improved I would have to say yes. Its not lock down worthy but he has improved. Plus the addition having two 7' footers will make him look even better.
3. did Tony Montana pop a cap on Bynums agents a$$ yet? No, but word is Tony is looking for him
4. how do you think Farmar will do against CP3 and Deron williams this season? Farmar has just figured out how fast he was. He's figured out that he can blow by the defense anytime he wants. Which shows in his offensive game. Now defense, thats a different story. While he's not horrible he still hasnt show me alot on defense. For someone with real good foot speed his man always seems to get by him. He needs to work on this. All it takes is hardwork and desire. Easier said then done being that Im on my couch chillin talking about it...lol
5. is the machine playing yet? Sasha played last game. He moved pretty good. As expected his timing is off but he will be fine.
8. is our defense gonna hold up against the Celtics this year? Too early to tell
10. do you beleive Bynum will put us over the line and helps bring the O'Brian to Figueroa? Yes, Bynum will be in form by the all-star game. Once he rounds into form......wow, I feel sorry for the other teams. Also Bynum and Gasol have been looking better and better each game.
go Lakers!
we want tacos!
f*&% the Celtics!

Hope this helps!
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#3 » by milesfides » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:43 pm

YO....

1. Mihm looks physically OK but the second unit especially with Farmar and Ariza are a little too quick and creative for him. Also, he's not really on the same page in terms of rhythm and fluid plays - second unit tried to feed him several times, but he's not exactly ready for the passes, or he can't get too the ball.

2. Radamn's defense improved to the point where it's no longer the albatross around our team's neck. From infuriating to forgettable.

4. Not too sure, it's his defense that was lacking against those guys, and he's got to prove he can hang come next spring. Farmar started off well last year too, then sort of tapered off. He looks confident as usual, but he's added a bit of nastiness, going harder to the rack.

7. Phil shaved his stash because of the rash.

8. Boston exploited our small forward position last year, that was their biggest advantage, and I don't think Radamn's trying harder in the preseason indicates we have an answer. Bynum will make a significant difference protecting the basket though.

10. Yeah...if Bynum is healthy, I think it's a wrap.

11. Will Snaq be back for good?
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:55 pm

11. yes he will at least till summer 10'.

thanks guys, I am getting a better picture of what to expect.

EDIT- I must say that it shows incredible maturity on both of you for staying away from the Minhee question. you guys post like a wise married man (Phil 2.0 :wink: ) would.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#5 » by milesfides » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:01 pm

NICE! welcome back buddy. you were sorely missed.

Your odyssey is over, and you've come home to the best team we've had in a long, long time. That's sweet.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#6 » by iamworthy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:10 pm

cant wait till you get back Snaq. Man.....good days are ahead for laker fans and you are a triple OG on the Laker board so we need your insight.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#7 » by hermes » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:29 pm

6. has Minhee killed anyone recently? no news is good news right??

7. what the hell is up with Phil shaving his stash? I guess Genny got tired of the Colonel Sanders look. what, he shaved his stash?? how come no one ever tells me anything, this should have been thread worthy

9. who the hell is opening Clipper news threads here? (shakes fist!) i'm with ya, i care more about phil's facial hair
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#8 » by SashAlex » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:30 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:as some of you may know I have been away all summer working at sea at the other side of the world. I will be back in the mainland (yes I am in Hawaii) in a few days. I haven't had the chance to watch my beloved Lakers this preseason and other than occassionally snooping this wonderfull site I have no clue what is going on.

go Lakers!
we want tacos!
f*&% the Celtics!

1. He looks pretty in shape and a different player on the floor playing well in defense, being a big man presence in the paint and knocking 15 - 17 feet jump-shots !
2. He's had a couple of interceptions finishing with a fast-break one-handed dunk, LOL !, at least he's trying now to play some defense, because last year even my younger brother would pass by him. Now he's at least fouling at times.
3. I don't know, too bad i left California 'cause i'd do the same thing !
4. Offensively he's gonna be fine, blowing past the opposite defense and making high percentage shots and lay-ups, like Tony Parker. He knows how good he is and that's good ! Defensively, questions, questions, questions etc.
5. He played the final preseason game against OKC Thunder and was rusty forcing some jump-shots, but actually made one. But i'm not worried about him.
7. He looks younger. as if it is Phil Jackson from early Chicago Bulls coaching era. :D
8. Well, i've seen some signs of that in a couple of preseason games when the defense managed to stop a lot of pick'n rolls, and moving pretty well inside outside defending the paint and the perimeter very well, especially against the Raptors, Barcelona and Thunder. I loved the way the intercepted a lot of passes, Kobe and Ariza creating a lot of turnovers and points of turnovers in the recently played games. It's definitely up to them if they're gonna keep on improving defensively.
9. I don't know.
10. On Figueroa or on 11th street ?! :D Just kidding ! I think he'll put a lot of pressure on those who'll be penetrating, so making the other teams settle more on jump-shots. He's fighting for every rebound, defensive and ofensive, his timing is almost back, FT % will probably increase, which is vital for such kind of players, 'cause he's gonna get a lot of 2+1 point opportunities ! So, i'm sure that somewhere in December, January we'll see Bynum at full potential, and if we get until June, and Kobe's desire to play Boston will transform into reality, Ray Allen will think twice after crossing-over Vujacic to finish with a lay-up, 'cause Drew is gonna be waiting for him... So with Leon Powe and the best player in the "Unvers(e)al Studios( Give him the Oscar )", Mr. Paul Pierce ! Bynum will definitely make us stronger, both defensively and offensively !

Go Lakers !
We want free tacos !
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#9 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:11 pm

Here's the answer for number 3
3. First of all Minhee's asking for good Laker seats, that tells me she's going to show up in person to kick one of these players in the ass if they play bad or anybody that gets in her way ! lolololololo
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Verbal
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#10 » by Verbal » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Aloha, Snaq.

Enjoy any* good times in Hawaii.

Hope you didn't forget H(v)erbal. :wave: :angel: :devil: :wave:

8. Defense should be coming along now. The team (esp. Kobe/LO) seems to be more committed to defense/rebounding now.. something I thought we were weak at in the Finals and something I would have considered trading one of our core for this offseason.

OT- Our offense seems to be clicking realllly well, and we could probably put that **** on auto-pilot and just add a few more Triangle sets to appease the coaching staff. But really, with Kobe as our "Blackout Man" as insurance (in case **** happens), we're all good to go and blow / the hell up on the league.

*typo

--Late Edit, hope this post was able to help ya. I won't rush the posts next time. :D
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#11 » by TonyMontana » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:58 pm

LOLLLLLLLL
What up Snaq.
Basically everyone is money on their replies, as far as me and Bynums agent, WELL were cool for now since he has kept his mouth shut and Bynum decided to play his game and stay healthy before he starts to ask for more money.
Again my disagreement with Bynum wasnt about him not deserving to get paid max, my problem was he needs to come in and show me as a fan and this Org. that he deserves to get paid Max.
If by the end of this season he does show improvement and his knee does hold up then YES, be my guest pay him for what he is worth.
But its good to have you back Mang............. Its almost showtime.
Lakers Mang FTW
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:21 pm

thanks everybody for your replies. although I will miss the first few games. I should be home by next week.

Minhee- you know we tease you because deep down inside we all love you and secretly wish our girlfriends and wifes were as big fans as you are.

Tony- I just read your location, you motor boating SOB.

Verbal- I didn't forget you bro. Hawaii was mostly work. I only had 1 day off and it was raining all day, but never the less, I made it to the swap meet at Aloha stadium and got some great bairgains on blanket size beach towels, boogie boards, and freshly roasted sugar/cinnamon macadamian nuts.
Forum permissions