ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Freaking look at Marc Gasol

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Sashobe
Starter
And1: 79

OT- Freaking look at Marc Gasol 

Post#1 » by Sashobe » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:29 am

Today against the Warriors, Marc had 27 points, gathered 16 rebounds, and blocked 3 shots. Only bad thing is that he had 6 turnovers.

Should have traded Yue instead of Marc.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/boxscore?g ... eshRate=60
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Re: OT- Freaking look at Marc Gasol 

Post#2 » by AceFresh » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:33 am

O goddd, were complaining about one of the biggest trade heists in history- that favored us!!??
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#3 » by Minhee » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:37 am

this is exactly why I didn't think we robbed Memphis. I still like our trade but we traded two good prospect. I think Bos robbed Min more than we ripped Mem.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#4 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:43 am

Sashobe wrote:Today against the Warriors, Marc had 27 points, gathered 16 rebounds, and blocked 3 shots. Only bad thing is that he had 6 turnovers.

That was not possible.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Luxury
Junior
And1: 3

Post#5 » by Luxury » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:06 am

Hey would Marc Gasol really be playing 35 minutes here and get all those touches?

Come on, really now. Let him grow, he has the opportunity to do so there in the Grizzlies.
"Kobe Bryant.. is the greatest player in our era" -Dwyane Wade
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#6 » by iamworthy » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:09 am

Eh, big deal its one game.

EDIT: But hopefully the grizz are happy with him so maybe we can do more business with them in the future. :)
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#7 » by Erik Eleven » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:37 am

Freaking look at Marc Gasol after 41 games of his first NBA season, not three. Then maybe we can have a more well grounded discussion about expected improvement rate etc. Pau Gasol is doing great for us as a proven veteran star, and he's in his career's prime already. I'm happy right here.

Marc Gasol was a great prospect. We all knew about his abilities and what type of game he plays. And no, we didn't at all ass-rape Memphis like all the media sensationalists without brains suggest. Like Minhee said, that's what McHale and Ainge ganged up to do to the Wolves. Dirty piggies.

We gave them the biggest expiring on the market (Kwame), Marc Gasol, Javaris Crittenton and off-loaded some of their salary with extra old junk. Now they're free to re-build, around a great center prospect and two great guard prospects in Crittenton and Mayo, plus Gay on the wing, Hakim Warrick's talent and Milicic and Quentin Ross, and you have a pretty damn good foundation for an up and coming young team.

This deal was good for both teams, period.
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 26

Post#8 » by commadoor 64 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:39 am

iamworthy wrote:Eh, big deal its one game.

EDIT: But hopefully the grizz are happy with him so maybe we can do more business with them in the future. :)

Yeah, that was one game but, over the 4 games he has played he's averaging a solid double double at 13/10.3 with 2 blocks per game.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#9 » by Dr Aki » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:41 am

Sashobe wrote:Today against the Warriors, Marc had 27 points, gathered 16 rebounds, and blocked 3 shots. Only bad thing is that he had 6 turnovers.

impossible

it was either both gasol and sun or just marc gasol

memphis knew what they were doing, the rest of realgm thought we were gifted pau but we knew what we were giving up in order to get him

we all knew that if marc waited another year to enter the draft, he wouldve been a lottery pick

and its not like we didnt see this coming either, marc was ACB MVP or something and he put up a respectable showing at the olympics
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 26

Post#10 » by commadoor 64 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:42 am

Erik Eleven wrote:Freaking look at Marc Gasol after 41 games of his first NBA season, not three. Then maybe we can have a more well grounded discussion about expected improvement rate etc. Pau Gasol is doing great for us as a proven veteran star, and he's in his career's prime already. I'm happy right here.

Marc Gasol was a great prospect. We all knew about his abilities and what type of game he plays. And no, we didn't at all ass-rape Memphis like all the media sensationalists without brains suggest. Like Minhee said, that's what McHale and Ainge ganged up to do to the Wolves. Dirty piggies.

We gave them the biggest expiring on the market (Kwame), Marc Gasol, Javaris Crittenton and off-loaded some of their salary with extra old junk. Now they're free to re-build, around a great center prospect and two great guard prospects in Crittenton and Mayo, plus Gay on the wing, Hakim Warrick's talent and Milicic and Quentin Ross, and you have a pretty damn good foundation for an up and coming young team.

This deal was good for both teams, period.

Too bad Crittenton is rotting on the bench.

Actually, he hasn't even been on the bench for the last three games and no word about where he is.

Our coach SUCKS.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#11 » by laduane1 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:59 am

Marc would have been nice for us to keep. I just did not like giving up 2 #1 draft picks. Those I would say might be worth something in a few years. Yes we need to win now, but keeping a young core is still as important and building the future starts with those young players. I would do it all again to get Pau and whatever it took to go to the finals. As long as it is not a one hit season.

Then you look at the clippers, so many years of lottery picks. Did them nothing. So it is a real crap shoot.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,394

Post#12 » by Danny Darko » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:02 am

seriously, it wasn't an awful trade like it was made out.

Marc- is likely a really good center in this league a legit thick center with multiple tools.
Critt- serverely handicapped by their will to make conley an NBA player, and their wish to make Lowry a tradeable commodity. If they were committed to Critt he would be their best pg.
Cap Room- a ton just waiting for a quality player or two to become core guys.

Mayo was a good pickup, despite my dislike for them dumping Miller.

I think the Grizzlies are a spoiler type of team who can beat really good teams here and there without consistency, but will make a splash by pissing off better teams. Hopefully they don't get one on us.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#13 » by DubaLakers » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:24 am

Whomever drafted him in the Real GM league, great job, for the rest of you poor slobs do your homework ;).
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#14 » by lakersfanatic » Tue Nov 4, 2008 7:02 am

I'm pretty sure Memphis saw how Marc played before trading Pau to us. And i don't think we had a choice between Sun and Marc like what you guys said.

Still early in the season... for any team for that matter..
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#15 » by Slava » Tue Nov 4, 2008 7:27 am

I made it a point to watch is first game and knew this was coming somewhere this season but didn't expect it to be too soon. He's physical and doesn't shy away from playing dirty unlike other Euro Centers. He's immovable in the paint so he'll get you those put backs and keep the defensive glass clean.

Re: Impact over just 3 games, I don't expect him to drop much over the course of the season and he could only get better, He might hit the wall after 60 games but still thats solid production from a rookie and even Portland fans would be jealous of this young C.

I really feel bad for Crittenton though. He deserves much better.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#16 » by Erik Eleven » Tue Nov 4, 2008 7:31 am

Maybe we can get Crittenton back some day soon for cheap.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#17 » by Dr Aki » Tue Nov 4, 2008 12:04 pm

by the time hes available, crittenton wont be worth looking at unless we're desperate or just screwing around
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#18 » by Dexmor » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:33 pm

The only surprise to me was Marc went 41st in the draft and Phil mentioned Critt as a prospect and not Conly.
It would have been nice if we could have kept Marc and seeing as we were getting his brother I am sure we tried so you can't even think about it.
Plus Marc is a center. Bynum is there. Marc plays with Hustle and power and not so much finase like Pau which fits better with Bynum.
monk302
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#19 » by monk302 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:38 pm

Relax.We got big brother.Nobody knows what he'll become.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#20 » by hermes » Tue Nov 4, 2008 5:42 pm

i knew the grizz weren't getting nothing

Chris Wallace knew what he was doing :)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers