ImageImageImageImageImage

walton's Value

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

wackokid05
Ballboy
And1: 0

walton's Value 

Post#1 » by wackokid05 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:16 am

I think that the reason that phil has recently been starting luke is more then just becuase phil was unhappy with Vladie. I Think Luke is starting in order to up his trade value, So if and when the lakers feel the need to pull off a trade, teams will know luke is still able to play starter minutes and a high enough quality basketball to be a solid starter on another team.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: walton's Value 

Post#2 » by DubaLakers » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:25 am

These bizarre aimless threads filled with simple obvious takes always come from brand new Real GM members with like it's like death and taxes, inevitable.

New rule if you have 15 or less posts just add to any post the following +1, Nice Post, I agree, I disagree, You're right Duba Lakers is a brilliant pseudo GM, You're right Kno does rule at fantasy bball, Verbal a rookie?, sure he is, nice avatar hermes, and you'll be fine.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#3 » by TylersLakers » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:05 am

DubaLakers wrote:These bizarre aimless threads filled with simple obvious takes always come from brand new Real GM members with like it's like death and taxes, inevitable.

New rule if you have 15 or less posts just add to any post the following +1, Nice Post, I agree, I disagree, You're right Duba Lakers is a brilliant pseudo GM, You're right Kno does rule at fantasy bball, Verbal a rookie?, sure he is, nice avatar hermes, and you'll be fine.

:rofl:
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#4 » by DoctaJ » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:10 am

Duba, you're amazing. :lol:
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:22 pm

lets hope so...

this just maybe the same reason why phil played crittenton, to up his trade value and prime him for a trade...
kevin_405
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#6 » by kevin_405 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Waltons value is in the lack of a true point gaurd in the team.. A quick and smart passer i think he is going to remain in the starting line for a while to come...
Look at his numbers in the last game against Sactown... 8 assists .

He definitly defends better than Radmanovich...

Unexpected but smart move Phil..
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#7 » by Dr Aki » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:20 pm

kevin_405 wrote:Waltons value is in the lack of a true point gaurd in the team.. A quick and smart passer i think he is going to remain in the starting line for a while to come...

lol no he doesnt...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#8 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Akiho wrote:
kevin_405 wrote:Waltons value is in the lack of a true point gaurd in the team.. A quick and smart passer i think he is going to remain in the starting line for a while to come...

lol no he doesnt...

on a scale from 1 to 10 a Luke rating of 2 is better than a Vladi rating of 1. so Kevin was right lol

anyway Phil has said that the reason for inserting Luke back in the starting line up was because of the lack of ball movement in the starting line up. he wanted a passer to run the triangle. he said that Tex told him that he didn't want his name associated with the type of triangle they were running and that is why he moved Luke to the first unit. as far as Vladi not getting play time, Phil admitted that he made a mistake and should have played him against the Suns when they were zonening up on us. I don't have a link for this because I saw this on the pregame show "Phil o' sophy 101" segment.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#9 » by hermes » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:58 pm

walton's value? who knows

i'd totally trade him and vlad for lebron though
mr-EEE
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#10 » by mr-EEE » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:36 pm

he got none.probaly for jarron collins BUT THATS IT!!!!!
"to be the man, you got to beat the man" -RICK FOX (3 Time NBA Champion)
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#11 » by TommyTheCat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:34 am

it would be tough to find a gm willing to pay luke another 4 years beyond this one 5+mil per year.

well, there's always mullin
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,398

Post#12 » by Danny Darko » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
Akiho wrote:

lol no he doesnt...

on a scale from 1 to 10 a Luke rating of 2 is better than a Vladi rating of 1. so Kevin was right lol

anyway Phil has said that the reason for inserting Luke back in the starting line up was because of the lack of ball movement in the starting line up. he wanted a passer to run the triangle. he said that Tex told him that he didn't want his name associated with the type of triangle they were running and that is why he moved Luke to the first unit. as far as Vladi not getting play time, Phil admitted that he made a mistake and should have played him against the Suns when they were zonening up on us. I don't have a link for this because I saw this on the pregame show "Phil o' sophy 101" segment.

Yeah, our offense was pretty stagnant at a stifled 110 per game eh? I know Phil said that, but that just has to be bull. Vlad has some bad passes for sure, but his 48% from 3 and the scoreboard said enough out the offense.

I think something is up, but I have no idea how we could even trade Luke. Seriously even if he avg's 8 assists per game, would anyone care? And no his D is not better than Vlads. He tries harder, but his lack of athleticism dooms him to below avg D.

My guess is Vlade is Phil's guy, but he's trying to get through the space cadet skull and have him recommit to D the way he did early in the year. (first couple games)
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#13 » by ALL HAIL » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:23 am

I think NY would take Luke and Rad (and Sasha) to trim payroll if we took back Eddy Curry when he gets healthy and in shape (big if).

We don't need him but Curry at full strength has WAY more value than our SOFT wings anyday.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#14 » by semi-sentient » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:56 am

DubaLakers wrote:These bizarre aimless threads filled with simple obvious takes always come from brand new Real GM members with like it's like death and taxes, inevitable.

+1
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#15 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:11 am

Soooooooooo cold Dub ! :lol:
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers