Post#22 » by Anklebreaker702 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:16 am

MasterRyu wrote:
iamworthy wrote:My List:

Kobe
LO
Drew
Gasol
Ariza

This. If it's 6 people, I would say D-Fish too.

Fish is not a definate keeper. He's getting to the point in his career that if his outside shot is not falling he doesn't bring much else and his descision making this year has been atrocious at times. I like Worthy's list but we all know the thing LO lacks the most id BB IQ. He's been balling though & that's what I'm impressed with the most. Right now I must say he's a definate keeper.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Re: Five Players the L's Need to Keep No Matter What 

Post#23 » by Mamba Venom » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:00 am

ARIZA IS THIS YEARS SASHA WHO WAS LAST YEARS LUKE

He is good and he IS going to get overpaid. The Lakers overpay for good.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#24 » by dockingsched » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:55 pm

luke/sasha aren't even that overpaid, people always look at luke's yrs and assume that. both make like a million LESS than the mle. if this team wasn't so much over the luxury tax those salaries would be nothing to even worry about.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by DubaLakers » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:58 pm

derrek wrote:My list:

The Machine

LOL.
DubaLakers
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by DubaLakers » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Fisher, Kobe, Ariza, Gasol, Bynum, MUST HAVE'S...Fisher you ask?...Besides Kobe who else do you trust with the game on the line and the inside locked up? Do not discount .04 importance. Unless there is a major trade, or FA pickup, he's a must. He's our Bob Horry.

Sasha, Lamar, Walton. NICE to HAVE...Sasha has really underachieved on the offensive side of the ball, makes a ton of mistakes, forces, dumb shots (no one under the basket), but he makes up for it with his hustle and defense, and position flexibility. Lamar would be nice to have back, but of course it depends what's out there, what salary he'l re-sign for. I like to see him enjoying himself and really has an A+ as far as comfort and buying in, team player, etc. His communication on the cour,t off the court, you can see he really feels comfortable this year. Walton unless we can trade him away in a package for something else, not going to find much better.

Powell, Brown, Farmar...WAIT AND SEE...Morrison is gone he makes too much money, he admits to not ever being a good defender, lol, goodbye. But Brown makes a 1M salary doesn't he, he's a solid defender, athletic 6'4", can really help the Lakeshow out on the D end, he sure did in college, I have barely seen him in the pros, good pro. Powell wants to achieve he makes dirt, hes young and skilled and has explosion, nice pf/c backup. For the amount of cash they command why not keep these cats? Famar needs to be more agressive, he doesn't play D. He doesn't deserve much more than he's already geting paid at this point which is 2-3M.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers