ImageImageImageImageImage

Who scares you in the postseason???

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Re: Who scares you in the postseason??? 

Post#21 » by Gus McCrae » Thu Mar 5, 2009 4:18 pm

Spurs are probably the most difficult. WIthout being cocky, I'm confident we'll win the WCFs.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#22 » by hermes » Thu Mar 5, 2009 4:45 pm

fareweatherfan wrote:Here's my list in no particular order:

hermes
RealGM

Post#23 » by hermes » Thu Mar 5, 2009 4:48 pm

it would seem we're a confident bunch

i agree with EE, the team that has the best chance to beat us is us
we're a very talented team
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#24 » by Dexmor » Fri Mar 6, 2009 2:54 pm

If Bynum comes back full strength the only team that can take us to 6 or 7 is Celtics. Without Bynum these teams scare me

1.Celtics-They now have 5 allstar caliber players. 2 of them pg's which is something we have a hard time guarding.
2.Rockets-If no Bynum they kill us at Center with height and have the 2 best defensive wings in the game today guarding Kobe. Bad matchup.
3.Spurs-Now they have Gooden. With a good team and a great coach he could be a 14-15 and 11 guy.
There pretty deep now and they seem to win every other year.
4.Cavs-Lebron in the playoffs is freaking scary. They just added Joe Smith to make up for Ben Wallace.
Magic-They lost Nelson but at the same time Alston is playing well. Howard is a damm monster. Hard to oppose without Bynum.

Hopefully 1 team will take out 1 of the west and 1 team will take out one in the east and that will take some away.
butter17
Starter
And1: 0

Post#25 » by butter17 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 3:22 pm

anklebreaker702 wrote:Honestly, nobody. When we are on our game I feel we can beat anyone. If someone can take us down then they are the better team but I fear none of them.
I couldn't agree with you more anklebreaker,when were on our game nobody can beat us. Only team can beat us is ourself if we make stupid mistakes, take quick shoots, an not run the offense. When we play defense, game over.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#26 » by NCHeels2008 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 4:38 pm

Dexmor wrote:If Bynum comes back full strength the only team that can take us to 6 or 7 is Celtics. Without Bynum these teams scare me

1.Celtics-They now have 5 allstar caliber players. 2 of them pg's which is something we have a hard time guarding.
2.Rockets-If no Bynum they kill us at Center with height and have the 2 best defensive wings in the game today guarding Kobe. Bad matchup.
3.Spurs-Now they have Gooden. With a good team and a great coach he could be a 14-15 and 11 guy.
There pretty deep now and they seem to win every other year.
4.Cavs-Lebron in the playoffs is freaking scary. They just added Joe Smith to make up for Ben Wallace.
Magic-They lost Nelson but at the same time Alston is playing well. Howard is a damm monster. Hard to oppose without Bynum.

Hopefully 1 team will take out 1 of the west and 1 team will take out one in the east and that will take some away.

I wouldn't worry too much about playing 2 teams from the east
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#27 » by Speedlot » Fri Mar 6, 2009 5:33 pm

Orlando and Phoenix scares me,

I believe lakers would want to stay the heck away from Dwight. Then again with no Nelson, they aren't as intimidating. They beat us twice, I believe, with Bynum. No other team in the league has done that. -0-.

I want to face Nuggets, Hornets, Cavs, and Celtics.

We smoked them all with Bynum, lost to Nuggets without. Though the game wasn't exactly a blow out.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#28 » by kobe808lak » Fri Mar 6, 2009 5:41 pm

Lakers will have an advantage over most teams in terms of experience except SA. However, we won't be be a surprise team this yr as every1 is picking us to win. That said I don't like the Rockets or Jazz. If we have no bynum then Yao will give us a lot of trouble and they can D Kobe better than just about anyone. D Williams plays great vs us but Kobe can counter as they can't guard him either.

I don't really fear SA that much as it seems we know everything they want to do and can match them. Even if they are healthy this yr I see us having no problems w them.
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#29 » by USA » Fri Mar 6, 2009 6:24 pm

Cavs
Celtics
Spurs
Jazz

In that order. No long explanations, just a gut feeling.

But the team that scares me the most is ourselves.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#30 » by Kilroy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 7:16 pm

The Celtics are going to win the East... The Cavs can challenge them without KG, but when he comes back rested and the play-off intensity returns... The Celtics are going to roll into the finals...

The Cavs are a season away from legitimately challenging the Celtics in the East and Orlando is probably 2 seasons away as long as the Celts don't significantly weeken. The 7 game series' in the playoffs will illustrate that...

So that leaves the West for us to ponder...

Spurs have the best chance to push us to 7 but that's a given and we never sleep on the Spurs, so no fear there.
The Jazz play us tough and bang us around which we have had trouble with in the past. But I think this season is different. I think they may get a game or 2 on us, but not 4.

So the team that scares me the most right now is the Rockets, because they are such an unknown... If they are firing on all cylendars come play-off time, they could be a very tough team to beat. If not, we'll blow them out of the building... But they have the best chance of catching us flatfooted... And that scares me.

But like others have said, it ultimately comes down to us and how ready we are to crank it up a notch for the play-offs... We have to find another gear like we did last year, or everyone is going to have our number.
magic1fan
Starter

Post#31 » by magic1fan » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:00 pm

fareweatherfan wrote:Here's my list in no particular order:

this post sums it up for me.
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!
carlos1223
Banned User

Post#32 » by carlos1223 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:26 pm

SoCAL24 wrote:Spurs are probably the most difficult. WIthout being cocky, I'm confident we'll win the WCFs.

Socal...who is that girl in your avatar? :D
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#33 » by Mindflayer » Sat Mar 7, 2009 12:54 am

The reason the Jazz scare some of us is that we do not believe tha Fisher will be a good on Williams this playoffs as he was last year.
MaryvalesFinest wrote:
"J-Rich is a better dunker than Kobe and can put up the same stats if he was "the man" of the Lakers, advantage = J-Rich"
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#34 » by Dexmor » Sat Mar 7, 2009 2:52 am

Yeah but he was huge but they would have won anyway. Farmar wasn't nearly the player last year as he is this year so that doesn't matter.
hermes
RealGM

Post#35 » by hermes » Sat Mar 7, 2009 2:56 am

at least we probably won't see the bobcats in the playoffs :o
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#36 » by Dr Aki » Sat Mar 7, 2009 6:44 am

always believe the games are always won in the froncourt

therefore, utah is the only real team that scares me

their combinations of forwards/centers is actually deeper and more versatile than our forwards/centers (including bynum) and love to drag our bigs out of the paint

other than that, SA, but only because of the parker/manu/TD/pops knowing how to get the best out of his players

im hoping utah decides to either finish 3rd, 6th or 7th and that we only have to gauntlet through one of the aforementioned teams

noone else scares me, not even boston or cleveland unless bynum isnt back yet
hermes
RealGM

Post#37 » by hermes » Sat Mar 7, 2009 4:42 pm

scare probably wasn't the best wording, concern would have been better

because there have to be other teams that would concern some of you, some of you make it seem like the west has been won
rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#38 » by rand0m » Sat Mar 7, 2009 11:09 pm

The team I'm most concerned about is the Lakers. Their defense in particular. I'm not expecting great defense, just some type of consistent defensive effort for 48 minutes a game. Learn to stay on your man, rotate, and communicate please!!! They can't win in the playoffs playing the way they have been lately. I haven't been impressed with many wins. I hope they turn it up because "a win is a win" can only go so far.

I don't believe the west is won at all. But I do believe that when the lakers play on all gears they can beat any team. This team is better even without Drew. The post season should be similar to last year, but this time they should be ready for the finals.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#39 » by Jase » Sun Mar 8, 2009 1:42 am

Utah. Deron Williams would be the X-factor. And after watching them last night, they proved to be absolutely lethal from outside. Korver is a given (most nights), Miles hit two in a row. Boozer should be in game shape by that point. They're mentally tough and scrappy, defensively.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
sook
Senior

Post#40 » by sook » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:55 pm

Houston has been on fire, but the Jazz? Lakers always own them, the jazz have virtually the same team as last year so it won't be hard to beat them especially if bynum cums ack

Return to Los Angeles Lakers