Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

butter17
Starter
And1: 0

Re: Gm #4 (LAL 2-1): LA Lakers @ Houston Rockets. 12:30 abc 

Post#221 » by butter17 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:57 pm

MigrainePatrol wrote:
anklebreaker702 wrote:
N1ckyPoo wrote:Kobe was smoking a cigar and drinking at the bar after game 3, drinking beer and chilling by the pool (and hollering at some ladies) yesterday at the hotel. I saw this first hand. Maybe your team should take the playoffs a little more seriously. Maybe save the cigars and alcohol for after you guys win something? Just a thought. Good luck next game guys. Hopefully yall will be more prepared.

As far as I'm concerned...
Go Rockets.
~poo

Get the hell off our board. We cant even go over there & say good game. You guys ignore us, then you want to come over here & post something about what Kobe does after the game.

It goes both ways. As a fan of both teams I see it constantly. But Tony Montana and LakeDub go into their boards and post new threads trying to clown the Rox all the time.
THE ROCKETS SUCK!!!!! :lol:
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#222 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:59 pm

I havent seen Tony Montana all day. Hope he didnt get banned again.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#223 » by iamworthy » Sun May 10, 2009 11:03 pm

dcash4 wrote:glad i missed this one, wow.

Cash money we got a cat trying to be like you but has no where the knowledge you do....The real dcash4 please stand up!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#224 » by semi-sentient » Sun May 10, 2009 11:08 pm

So did Odom get hurt or something? I didn't bother watching the 2nd half.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
N1ckyPoo
Freshman

Post#225 » by N1ckyPoo » Sun May 10, 2009 11:10 pm

warned for trolling
"AB for 3!"- Bill Worrell
lakersdynasty
Pro Prospect

Post#226 » by lakersdynasty » Sun May 10, 2009 11:12 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:this is not championship caliber. this team. their play. truly embarassing. minus well not even pick up their check for that game. from top to bottom nothing. they had better come game 5 and bring some heart.

true i thin last year team looked more like a champs team, then this one, fisher got to realize that hes not playing well and ask PJ to put him on the bench....lol btw i can´t take PJ anymore hes tired, he should retire, but let´´s not forget that rockets is a great team, we can´t expect to cruise, its not like face atlanta or these crap 40 win teams on the east....
RocketPower23
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#227 » by RocketPower23 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:19 pm

lakersdynasty wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:this is not championship caliber. this team. their play. truly embarassing. minus well not even pick up their check for that game. from top to bottom nothing. they had better come game 5 and bring some heart.

true i thin last year team looked more like a champs team, then this one, fisher got to realize that hes not playing well and ask PJ to put him on the bench....lol btw i can´t take PJ anymore hes tired, he should retire, but let´´s not forget that rockets is a great team, we can´t expect to cruise, its not like face atlanta or these crap 40 win teams on the east....

My thoughts exactly, even last years team had a bit more drive then this years. It's like they expect to be handed the title, we really got a bunch of mental midgets out there. And your spot on about Fish, take one for the team, you're obviously not what you use to be, accept a lesser role, look at what Luke did. Phil won't bench him, he's too stubborn, he can backup Kobe at the two spot and that way we won't have to endure Vujacic being out on the court. This team has a lot of bad characteristics, a lot of it goes on the coaching staff, I'm really fed up with Phil.
magic1fan
Starter

Post#228 » by magic1fan » Sun May 10, 2009 11:23 pm

i wanna trust phil because he has nine rings,but he has to realize things change. this is a different team than the one's he had in the past. alot of these guys are young. it's easy to coach a taented vet team.
Only on realgm is 27,000 points, 5 rings, 1 rs mvp and 2 finals mvp considered overrated!
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#229 » by dockingsched » Sun May 10, 2009 11:26 pm

iamworthy wrote:
dcash4 wrote:glad i missed this one, wow.

Cash money we got a cat trying to be like you but has no where the knowledge you do....The real dcash4 please stand up!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

i noticed, lol

on a related note, the troll posts are being dealt with gentleman, just don't fall for the bait.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Post#230 » by kobeaki » Sun May 10, 2009 11:29 pm

yeah...my issues are with phil too...starting with the collapse to suns a few years back, and after last years finals this team looks no better....

i was really excited when he was rehired, some of my lakers peeps werent, i see they were right...weve wasted now three years of kobe's career, as well as others, for a guy who cannot adapt anymore...

hell if he had just put in farmar in the last 6 minutes of the first, maybe the score doesnt reach 17...maybe only 8...who the hell knows but this staff stinks...

i blame the players, too...but they are constantly making the same mistakes, they are not being corrected, and that is on the coaches...
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#231 » by The Skyhook » Sun May 10, 2009 11:33 pm

magic1fan wrote:i wanna trust phil because he has nine rings,but he has to realize things change. this is a different team than the one's he had in the past. alot of these guys are young. it's easy to coach a taented vet team.

I was to young to ever see Phil coach his early teams and I wasn't living in this country but is this post Shaq/Kobe Lakers team the only young/very little amount of veteran experience team that Phil has coached.
RocketRed
Banned User

Post#232 » by RocketRed » Sun May 10, 2009 11:43 pm

warned for trolling lakers game thread
aussie_laker
Sophomore

Post#233 » by aussie_laker » Sun May 10, 2009 11:49 pm

great way to start the working week over here! After seeing us play so well in game 3, and then see Ming go down you'd think it was all over, i can excuse a close loss to a spirited team. But to look at the box scores and see how we didnt only lose, but got absoluetly smashed, they should be ashamed
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#234 » by dockingsched » Sun May 10, 2009 11:50 pm

sometimes a i feel like kobe's leadership could use a little more questioning.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#235 » by iamworthy » Sun May 10, 2009 11:54 pm

dcash4 wrote:sometimes a i feel like kobe's leadership could use a little more questioning.

Agree with this 100% I also add Phil Jackson to that list.
RocketRed
Banned User

Post#236 » by RocketRed » Sun May 10, 2009 11:58 pm

You guys may win the series but the Lakers have been exposed. Nuggets toughness is gonna kick your ass.

Oh, good game.
RocketPower23
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#237 » by RocketPower23 » Mon May 11, 2009 12:00 am

dcash4 wrote:sometimes a i feel like kobe's leadership could use a little more questioning.

Agreed. Whatever happened to the Kobe that wasn't afraid to yell at someone after making a bonehead play. I remember that Knick game a few years ago when Luke had a wide open runner to win the game and instead passed it off to Kobe with almost no time left, we ended up losing that game and Kobe made sure Luke knew it was his fault. I really miss that Kobe. I mean who wouldn't want to see Kobe elbow Sasha in the face again. :D
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#238 » by dockingsched » Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 am

KB8MVP wrote:

Agreed. Whatever happened to the Kobe that wasn't afraid to yell at someone after making a bonehead play. I remember that Knick game a few years ago when Luke had a wide open runner to win the game and instead passed it off to Kobe with almost no time left, we ended up losing that game and Kobe made sure Luke knew it was his fault. I really miss that Kobe. I mean who wouldn't want to see Kobe elbow Sasha in the face again. :D

yeah, but the thing that came to mind was something as simple as kobe trash talking shane battier. kind of sends a message that the rockets aren't good enough to be respected, that the rockets don't belong on the same court. why not show the utmost respect for a player that plays the game right and has the ability to really make an impact. then we act surprised why the lakers take this team so lightly. i also think the kobe iso mode in the 4th quarter has a lot more negative impact throughout the season than kobe's heroics are worth.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,986

Post#239 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon May 11, 2009 12:11 am

There are a lot of things about Kobe that could use a little more questioning. I've long since given up because 95% of the posters here simply don't want to hear it.

Be that as it may, with even-keeled pacifists like Odom and Gasol on the roster, it's just the fundamental nature of this team to use a butter knife when a machette will do. No amount of fire breathing from anybody, even our best player, is going to change that.

Barring a drastic change of personnel -- which I am not advocating -- we will never play consistent defense, and we will continue to squander opportunities to crush our opponents. There are just too many examples over the past two seasons to think otherwise.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,455

Post#240 » by Slava » Mon May 11, 2009 12:17 am

I think this game was lost with Fisher's mismatch and the Rockets ability to exploit that with some hot shooting of their own. We needed to make the adjustment of playing either Farmar or Brown heavily and when Fisher's shot is off there is no reason he should see any minutes in this series.

Kobe came out to play and most of the 2nd unit came out well but we just went flat by the ineptitude of our first line of defense. Some plays were downright ugly with us getting beat for the same offensive play on consecutive possessions and if Phil sees the game film again, he'll be embarrassed himself for doing such a piss poor job of coaching tonight.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers