ImageImageImageImageImage

Yao Out for the Playoffs

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Kirk Moon
Head Coach
And1: 0

Re: Yao Out for the Playoffs 

Post#21 » by Kirk Moon » Sun May 10, 2009 8:00 am

this is really unfortunate for Yao and the Rox.
this series was great so far, and hopefully the remaining Rox can compensate for Yao's absence.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#22 » by Mamba Venom » Sun May 10, 2009 12:07 pm

You know last year when Pierce went down I felt bad. I wanted to beat the Celtics w/ Pierce... now I just want the championship, let the chips fall where they may... We lost Bynum last year, thats how it goes.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
3-Pt_Shooter
Senior

Post#23 » by 3-Pt_Shooter » Sun May 10, 2009 3:57 pm

The thing about Yao's injury though is that he injured the same foot in Game 1 and was headed to the locker room. But then returned to the court to finish the game. Yao also then played in Games 2 & 3. So, he probably just made the injury to his foot worse by continuing to play on it :-? :-? That's too bad...
3-Pt_Shooter
Senior

Post#24 » by 3-Pt_Shooter » Sun May 10, 2009 3:59 pm

iamworthy wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:None of you guys should be saying the series is effectively over it's not. Now Houston will be like a pack of wild stallions...........running with nothing to lose.

I gotta agree here. Lakers have to come out and punch these dudes in the mouth tomorrow. They will have there speed team on the foor. Lakers gotta take advantage of their size.

Yeah, and hopefully AB will show up in a big way as well!
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#25 » by TommyTheCat » Sun May 10, 2009 4:25 pm

that blows. i hope yao comes back strong next year and never gets a serious injury again in his career. he's already dealt with too many of them.
Plastered
Junior

Post#26 » by Plastered » Sun May 10, 2009 6:15 pm

3-Pt_Shooter wrote:The thing about Yao's injury though is that he injured the same foot in Game 1 and was headed to the locker room. But then returned to the court to finish the game. Yao also then played in Games 2 & 3. So, he probably just made the injury to his foot worse by continuing to play on it :-? :-? That's too bad...

Yao injured his knee in that game from a collision with Kobe, it had nothing to do with his ankle
LBJ6GOAT wrote:The league always schedules the lakers for a game that they're going to win., its ridiculous
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#27 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:45 pm

iamworthy wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:None of you guys should be saying the series is effectively over it's not. Now Houston will be like a pack of wild stallions...........running with nothing to lose.

I gotta agree here. Lakers have to come out and punch these dudes in the mouth tomorrow. They will have there speed team on the foor. Lakers gotta take advantage of their size.

Wow, you 2 guys called it perfectly.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by lakersfanatic » Mon May 11, 2009 9:29 pm

imagine that.... Yao being out and they beat us in double digits and were leading in the 20s until 4th quarter. So does this means we need Yao back? hehe jk
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#29 » by hermes » Mon May 11, 2009 11:00 pm

never want to see anyone hurt, get better yao

Return to Los Angeles Lakers