ImageImageImageImageImage

are we in trouble, odomwise?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

are we in trouble, odomwise? 

Post#1 » by TruSkool » Tue May 12, 2009 8:06 am

odom is listed as day-to-day and is unsure of game 5, as most of u know...
would this put us in a sh*thole? hes like the only player who we can depend on for an "unexpected spark"...if he doesnt show up, gasol is going to be affected IMO..

and we all know how SUPERB :oops: bynum is playing
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Re: are we in trouble, odomwise? 

Post#2 » by TruSkool » Tue May 12, 2009 10:07 am

mods, u can lock my thread because there is already a similar "lamar odom" thread, which is kinda in the same phase as this.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#3 » by DEEP3CL » Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Why all the panic people............calm down LO will play, if not this is a great opportunity for Drew to find himself or Phil can just give the call to Josh Powell.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Kobe1986
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Kobe1986 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:46 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Why all the panic people............calm down LO will play, if not this is a great opportunity for Drew to find himself or Phil can just give the call to Josh Powell.

yea drew needs to come in and bring that big energy and powell off the bench should be ok for a game or so.
lakersfanatic
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by lakersfanatic » Tue May 12, 2009 3:41 pm

If LO can't play we still have Drew, mbenga, and powell so no worries. Who knows.. they may play better than LO hehe. But i think this would be a perfect opportunity for Drew to show them that he can start again. I think right after losing that starting role.. he has a slump attitude on him.. lost the confidence.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#6 » by Sofa King » Tue May 12, 2009 3:57 pm

If the Rockets can blow out the Lakers without Yao, McGrady, and a low production game from Artest, the Lakers should do the same today with Odom out. :lol:
KObe Bryant
Analyst

Post#7 » by KObe Bryant » Tue May 12, 2009 4:11 pm

I'm a little worried but I'm recalling games this season. It's true that when L.O is having a bad game, Bynum is having a monster game. In case that Lamar will not play tonight, It's a chance for Bynum to have a big game.
KObe Bryant
Analyst

Post#8 » by KObe Bryant » Tue May 12, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm a little worried but I'm recalling games this season. It's true that when L.O is having a bad game, Bynum is having a monster game. In case that Lamar will not play tonight, It's a chance for Bynum to have a big game.
3-Pt_Shooter
Senior

Post#9 » by 3-Pt_Shooter » Tue May 12, 2009 4:19 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Why all the panic people............calm down LO will play, if not this is a great opportunity for Drew to find himself or Phil can just give the call to Josh Powell.

I agree with Deep... The Laker Nation needs trust Phil, Kobe and the rest of guys. As Deep stated, this would be a great time for Bynum to find himself and breakout of this slump. And even if AB struggles, I'm not opposed to giving Powell and Mbenga some more minutes off the bench. I also think Farmar and Brown need to big tonight.

We also need to remember that the Lakers are one of the best teams to rebound after a tough or embarrassing loss. Let's have confidence in our guys to respond from Sunday's game before we start pushing the panic button.

GO LAKE SHOW!!!
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#10 » by supaflash » Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 pm

We already beat this team without Odom like a month ago, Powell had a monster game. Might be a good thing i.e. Fisher's suspension to get another gut on track. Pau also got on track late in that game, I think that will carry over for him. He seemed to calm down and just use his size and length over the smaller guys.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers