Anyone else boycotting?

OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Anyone else boycotting? 

Post#1 » by OldNo7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 am

Look I love the game of hockey as much as anyone, but the league and players officially showed this year that the fans mean nothing with this nonsensical lockout. The deal agreed upon should have been on the table back in November. The league thinks that everything will be just fine going forward.

I know I don't spend a tonne of money in arenas so my contribution to the boycot will be limited, but I still plan on boycotting the NHL for this season and refuse to watch any games at all this year. Which means no travelling to Detroit, no Centre Ice pack, no TSN or CBC. I think the league needs to feel the pinch this time around much worse than the last lockout. I encourage all to play along for this shortened season.
Twitter: @NickObergan
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Re: Anyone else boycotting? 

Post#2 » by ohara » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:46 pm

I may not go to a regular season game, but I will still watch my Canes on TV. And if we make the Playoffs, I likely will go to a game or two. I am an addict I guess.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,938

Post#3 » by Ado05 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:27 pm

No. I will admit, im not as interested as I was before. Usually I'd watch every Leaf game I could. But now, im just going to watch when I have absolutely nothing to do. But when they start winning, that will probably change ;)
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:31 pm

I'll watch every game I possibly can. I never go to games anyways since the closest NHL team is two hours away and it's a team I hate.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#5 » by UN-Owen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 pm

I really only watch the playoffs, so the lockout didn't affect me in the slightest

If you enjoyed eating at McDonald's and they had a labour dispute that resulted in a work stoppage, would you not return to McDonald's once the dispute was settled?
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,209

Post#6 » by G R E Y » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:09 am

OldNo7 wrote:Look I love the game of hockey as much as anyone, but the league and players officially showed this year that the fans mean nothing with this nonsensical lockout. The deal agreed upon should have been on the table back in November. The league thinks that everything will be just fine going forward.

I know I don't spend a tonne of money in arenas so my contribution to the boycot will be limited, but I still plan on boycotting the NHL for this season and refuse to watch any games at all this year. Which means no travelling to Detroit, no Centre Ice pack, no TSN or CBC. I think the league needs to feel the pinch this time around much worse than the last lockout. I encourage all to play along for this shortened season.

Yes and no - I'll be watching still, but going to fewer games.

As to the bolded part, it should have, I agree, but you know with negotiations being how they are, had NHL tabled that, Fehr would've countered with something that swung the pendulum in players' favour and on and on it would go. At least the sense of urgency and the help of a mediator got both sides to finally stop asking for more.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#7 » by Nolan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 am

I doubt i'll boycott, but i've definitely lost interest in the NHL to a point. I'm sure i'll come back around eventually.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#8 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 am

I'll watch on TV, but I'm not sure I'll be spending money anytime soon on tickets or merchandise.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#9 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 am

Heck no. I won't shovel my money into their hands, but I'll watch every game and go to some as well.
kdubo9
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#10 » by kdubo9 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 am

I was all for boycotting the NHL but then gave in. I'll catch an oilers game every now and then. I think it's horrible that they took the game away for half a season and most fans don't really care. Does it not bother you that the NHL and the NHLPA don't really care about the fans???? I know it's a business and all but damn. Its especially annoying when the players would say "all I want to do is get back to playing hockey" and "we are where we are because of the fans". Yeah, thats right. You are making millions because of us and look at how you treat us. Im sorry but I think the NHL and the players are damn greedy. You make millions to do what you love to do! That should be more than enough! Just saying.

Return to The General NHL Board