Nashville Preds not moving after all it seems!

GQStylin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Nashville Preds not moving after all it seems! 

Post#1 » by GQStylin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:10 pm

Just heard on TSN from Bob Mackenzie that the Preds are changing their minds on selling the team to Baisille after all. :o

So much for another team in Canada. :cry:
RingItUp!
Starter
And1: 6

Re: Nashville Preds not moving after all it seems! 

Post#2 » by RingItUp! » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 pm

GQStylin wrote:Just heard on TSN from Bob Mackenzie that the Preds are changing their minds on selling the team to Baisille after all. :o

So much for another team in Canada. :cry:

Awful. This is ridiculous.

I hate you, Gary Bettman.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#3 » by MAS » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:46 pm

Ok if this is the case then... WTF IS NASHVILLE DOING GIVING THEIR PLAYERS AWAY!
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#4 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:28 am

MAS wrote:Ok if this is the case then... WTF IS NASHVILLE DOING GIVING THEIR PLAYERS AWAY!

Owner has lost 50 mil since he bought the franchise this is a cost cutting move. He thinks he can make the playoffs because they did it a couple seasons ago with a 23 million dollar salary cap. That was when all the young players were still on rookie contracts and pretty cheap now they deserve better contracts and they traded away there future to get foresberg whihc is looking dumber and dumber by the day.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by timd1218 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:29 am

Still have the Kansas City market. Bettman loves those US teams.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#6 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:32 am

timd1218 wrote:Still have the Kansas City market. Bettman loves those US teams.

For one year it will be good but nothing compared to Hamilton. The fact that half the season tickets were sold out with in a day and they got like so many millions within a day is unbelievable.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by timd1218 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:39 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For one year it will be good but nothing compared to Hamilton. The fact that half the season tickets were sold out with in a day and they got like so many millions within a day is unbelievable.

I think Kansas City has the possiblity to have a good hockey market, but I think Canada deserves another team first though. Hamilton/Winnipeg or Quebec, doesn't matter to me.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#8 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:39 pm

timd1218 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think Kansas City has the possiblity to have a good hockey market, but I think Canada deserves another team first though. Hamilton/Winnipeg or Quebec, doesn't matter to me.

Besides HAmilton definatley. Ontario would have 3 hockey teams and Buffalo is a stones throw away so not fair.

Quebec and Winnipeg had there hearts broken and were devestated when the jets and nordiques relocated.... they deserve one.

Return to The General NHL Board