Flames or Blues

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Flames or Blues 

Post#1 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jul 7, 2007 2:21 am

Well these Blues fans at another site think they are better than the Flames:Better offense and defense and will be better next season.

WHo is better>
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Sat Jul 7, 2007 3:39 am

Well this is a silly thread; The Flames are obviously better right now. Regher and Phaneuf > all Blues D-men. Iginla > all Blues Forwards.

Now down the road when Eric Johnson and some of their kids come up it may change. But right now anyone who thinks the Blues are better is nuts.

(and this is coming from a non-Flames fan...)
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#3 » by UTMCretin » Sat Jul 7, 2007 3:51 am

Next time, just assume you're right and anyone who disagrees is a homer. Because thats the situation as I understand it
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#4 » by Crowned » Sat Jul 7, 2007 5:15 am

ajaX82 wrote:Well this is a silly thread; The Flames are obviously better right now. Regher and Phaneuf > all Blues D-men. Iginla > all Blues Forwards.

Now down the road when Eric Johnson and some of their kids come up it may change. But right now anyone who thinks the Blues are better is nuts.

(and this is coming from a non-Flames fan...)

Is it?

Forwards: Keith Tkachuk, Doug Weight, Paul Kariya, Jay McClement, Jamal Mayers, Brad Boyes, Peter Cajanek, Martin Rucinsky, Lee Stempniak

Defense: Jeff Woywitka, Jay McKee, Barrett Jackman, Eric Brewer

'Tenders: Manny Legace, Jason Bacashihua, Marek Schwarz

...this isn't a bad team. They have good depth upfront, and a good top 4 pairing of defenseman. Mix that with a dependable goalkeeper in Legace, and they could very well make the playoffs next season.

Everyone here said the same about the 'Canes when they won the cup, the majority of people on here underestimated them due to past records and trends. They're an improved team, and it's much too early to be counting them out.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#5 » by Crowned » Sat Jul 7, 2007 5:19 am

...and no, I'm not saying that either team is better. I'd like to reserve that judgement until after free agency and training camps. However, there's no reason to dismiss a comparison.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#6 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jul 7, 2007 6:12 am

UTMCretin wrote:Next time, just assume you're right and anyone who disagrees is a homer. Because thats the situation as I understand it

they have been heckling me on AIM and the forum, they think there defense is better than ours, and our forwards suck ant arent as good as theres.

Crowned I said the Blues would be better later but comeon the flames are better now.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#7 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Jul 7, 2007 6:22 am

I dont get to see much of either team. But on paper, I would say the flames.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#8 » by MAS » Sat Jul 7, 2007 7:13 am

Right now, Flames... but watch out for the Blues, they are up and coming
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#9 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jul 7, 2007 4:11 pm

Thats what I was saying, and they think they will win the division and get deep into the playoffs.

They think there defense is better than ours and our offence is junk. We had the most 20 goals scorers in the league....

Return to The General NHL Board