Help picking up a winger!!

lil' answer
Junior
And1: 10

Help picking up a winger!! 

Post#1 » by lil' answer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:29 pm

Hey everyone im in a yahoo fantasy league 12 teams stats are g,a,+/-, ppp, shg, gwg, fw. Goalies: w, gaa, sv%, and sho. my team is as follows:

c - savard
c - backstrom
c - kopitar
w - hossa
w - vanek
w - selanne
w - stempniak
w - penner
w - guerin
d - kaberle
d - souray
d - boucher
d - robidas
d - letang
no util
bench
nylander, patrice bergeron, chris clark, joe sakic.
goalies: nabokov, vokoun, budaj

it was an autodraft and i tried to fix my team up as much as possible with players i think will have better season this year that were free agents: nylander, bergeron, clark, selanne.
problem is i am no loaded at the center position and i could really use another winger, i believe i am weak in the goals department. i was wondering which center would i be best parting with and who would get me the most value? and what goal scorer should i be looking to go after? any help and opinons would be appreciated.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: Help picking up a winger!! 

Post#2 » by timd1218 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 am

Dump Chris Clark. He is on the Crapitals 4th line. I'd check to see if Zherdev is available. Has a ton of talent and is playing on a good 2nd line in NY.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
lil' answer
Junior

Post#3 » by lil' answer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:01 am

so you don't think clark will regain his 06-07 form? also thanks for the advice but zherdev is already picked up? do you think i should be trading one of my centers for a solid winger? also fabian bruunstrom do you think he is a good rookie pick up or did he just have a phenomenal debut?
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by timd1218 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:16 am

lil' answer wrote:so you don't think clark will regain his 06-07 form? also thanks for the advice but zherdev is already picked up? do you think i should be trading one of my centers for a solid winger? also fabian bruunstrom do you think he is a good rookie pick up or did he just have a phenomenal debut?

He could. But with all the centers you have, I think he would be best to drop. Nylander and Backstrom are 1-2 in Wash, Kopitar - no, Savard, top line and with Bergeron, he is just better. Any rookie is hard to pick up because you just don't know. Could you list some wingers who are available?
---------
Edit:

Robert Nilsson on Edmonton, might wanna look at him. He is on a line with Cogliano and Gagner. Very good hockey player. Edmonton is an up and coming team.

I'd also look at picking up a goalie. Look into the trading possibility. Package 1 of your centers with a goalie for a Winger and better Goalie.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
lil' answer
Junior

Post#5 » by lil' answer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:38 am

definitely don't have a problem with trading one of my centers its just which one is hard to choose, im thinkin of either backstrom or kopitar. what sorta of winger could i get for them? or if packaged w/ vokoun/budaj what might i expect back? wingers avail on waivers include.
shanny - who i've been keeping my eye on to pick up once he gets signed.
clarkson
vermette
chimera
walker
langenbrunner
tucker
nolan
slava kozlov
tuomo ruutu
boll
recchi
ponikarovsky
svatos
lehtinen
steen
straka
justin williams
kobasew
stortini
schubert
bernier

and nilson is available from edmonton
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by timd1218 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:29 pm

lil' answer wrote:definitely don't have a problem with trading one of my centers its just which one is hard to choose, im thinkin of either backstrom or kopitar. what sorta of winger could i get for them? or if packaged w/ vokoun/budaj what might i expect back? wingers avail on waivers include.
shanny - who i've been keeping my eye on to pick up once he gets signed.
clarkson
vermette
chimera
walker
langenbrunner
tucker
nolan
slava kozlov
tuomo ruutu
boll
recchi
ponikarovsky
svatos
lehtinen
steen
straka
justin williams
kobasew
stortini
schubert
bernier

and nilson is available from edmonton

I'd avoid Shanahan. He slowed down big time during the end of the regular season and playoffs. There are better players available then him. Steve Bernier might be a good pick up. He is on the top line with the Sedin twins, see's top PP time as well. Former 1st round pick who has scored 20 goals in the past. Hopefully, he will be able to regain the scoring touch playing with the twins.

Avoid Recchi, see Shanahan. Justin Williams could be a good pick up as well. He has had successful seasons in the past as well.

If you end up trading Kopitar or Backstrom, you can definitely get a top goalie back for them. If you end up packing Vokoun or Budaj with him, you probably won't get much for a winger.

If you want to do a trade, post a topic saying what you want and who you are willing to give up. Let as many trade proposals come to you within a week, and see what you get.

There are some good wingers you could always pick up in the FA market, but I think you need to sure up your goalie situation first. Vokoun and Budaj just don't do it for me.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by timd1218 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:15 am

Tonight in the 1st period, Clark is back on the 1st line with Ovechkin and Backstrom. He played on the 4th line yesterday against Vancouver, so I'm not so sure which line he will be playing on now. If you still have him, maybe hang onto him.

Out of your centers, I'd try and make a trade for a better goalie and winger. See who needs a center and who has a good goalie and go from there.
Realm_G
Senior
And1: 2

Post#8 » by Realm_G » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:23 pm

If you're looking for another rookie winger, Jakub Voracek is my ROY pick and one of my fantasy sleepers.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by timd1218 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:36 am

Realm_G wrote:If you're looking for another rookie winger, Jakub Voracek is my ROY pick and one of my fantasy sleepers.

The problem with him is he is playing on the 3rd line in Columbus and is getting like 10 mins a game.
lil' answer
Junior

Post#10 » by lil' answer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:22 pm

i still have clark and its still early in the season so i might play the wait and see game with him. as for voracek i've heard his name before, supposed to be doin good things, but i've also heard analysts say that this years rookie class won't come close to last years in terms of points, but w/ rookies u really never know. and i'd prefer to trade one of my centers /c thats where i am stacked at it seems but i was offered seabrook and bertuzzi for kaberle, it'll require me to drop a player? what are you thoughts on that deal?
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by timd1218 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:39 pm

lil' answer wrote:i still have clark and its still early in the season so i might play the wait and see game with him. as for voracek i've heard his name before, supposed to be doin good things, but i've also heard analysts say that this years rookie class won't come close to last years in terms of points, but w/ rookies u really never know. and i'd prefer to trade one of my centers /c thats where i am stacked at it seems but i was offered seabrook and bertuzzi for kaberle, it'll require me to drop a player? what are you thoughts on that deal?

Good idea about Clark. Not sure which line he will stay on with him being on 2 different lines in 2 different games.

I drafted Voracek but that team is in a very deep league. Like I said, the problem with him is he is only getting 10 mins a game and not getting much PP time, if any.

I would keep Kaberle. He should have a more productive season than Seabrook. I'd look at getting a goalie, if you can. Vokoun and Budaj just aren't solid enough.
lil' answer
Junior

Post#12 » by lil' answer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:13 pm

thanks for the advice i think i will keep kaberle and also whats the deal with aaron voros? is he gonna be consistent or just a hot start. im also aware the rangers have played more games the most teams.

Return to Fantasy Hockey