Sac Summer

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,253

Sac Summer 

Post#1 » by SNPA » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:46 am

Sac just choked away the biggest game of the season. They will most likely end up in the play-in now. We all know how a play-in vs LA and GS will go.

So…last summer McNair locked in Sabonis but didn’t improve the team otherwise. Every other Western team got better. This summer he has to improve the team or the chatter will start.

Sabonis and Fox are off limits.

Keegan can be traded in a package for a clear third star.

Otherwise…all players and every available pick is on the table.

How do the Kings improve next year?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,898

Re: Sac Summer 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:26 am

They should trade Sabonis for Haliburton
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#3 » by Apz » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:52 am

Healthy I think they are a good team. What I lack is that savy vet to slow down the game in important situations. Try to get their hands on Chris Paul or such? Its sad Rubio had to throw in the towel, would have been perfect compliment to Fox in crunchtime
BlackThought
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#4 » by BlackThought » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:45 am

David Lee is already 27 and likely have peaked as a player. Not sure if they can get past the 2nd round with this current core.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#5 » by Mike lorenzo » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:06 pm

I think they need to get bigger, a 4/5 combo that can play with Sabonis would be ideal...Thinking that Naz Reid would be perfect,...Maybe something between Huerter and I.Stewart?..
1+1=11
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,856

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:38 pm

Next poster who just wants to troll the thread is getting a time out. If you have nothing to contribute don't post.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:43 pm

So I don't know the specifics of how they do it, but my priorities would be to retain Monk and upgrade one or both of Barnes/Huerter. Depending on how big of an upgrade you get on one maybe the other is fine. And if Ellis is for real that definitely helps.

I'd start by calling Brooklyn on Bridges. They will probably continue to be too high in their ask, but I think you have to try.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,443

Post#8 » by Mavrelous » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:45 pm

I wouldn't trade Keegan, the players to upgrade clearly are Barnes and Huerter.
I'd monitor the OG situation, if he and the Kinicks don't agree on an extention, I'd try for a S&T Barnes/1st to the Knicks, Huerter to the Magic and OG to Sac, long shot, but I'd pursue it.
Another option is to go all out on offense, and trade Barnes/Huerter for Jerami Grant.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,305

Post#9 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:06 pm

Mavrelous wrote:I wouldn't trade Keegan, the players to upgrade clearly are Barnes and Huerter.
I'd monitor the OG situation, if he and the Kinicks don't agree on an extention, I'd try for a S&T Barnes/1st to the Knicks, Huerter to the Magic and OG to Sac, long shot, but I'd pursue it.
Another option is to go all out on offense, and trade Barnes/Huerter for Jerami Grant.

Is Sac willing to give OG the max or near it? i imagine detroit and/or Philly will throw lots of money at OG.

Its cheaper both asset and $$ to pursue someone like DFS and/or Brown
Texas Chuck

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:10 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:I wouldn't trade Keegan, the players to upgrade clearly are Barnes and Huerter.

Is Sac willing to give OG the max or near it? i imagine detroit and/or Philly will throw lots of money at OG.

Way cheaper. But also those players don't do enough to move the needle right?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,443

Post#11 » by Mavrelous » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:

OG on a S&T should cost a 1st, that's already cheap price, if they can fit his max under 1st Apron, I wouldn't think twice.
DFS is also great idea, much cheaper, much more realistic, and I don't think they'll have a drop off offensively from Barnes, but it'll an improvement be defensively.
They can look for offense from their starting 2nd guard.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#12 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:32 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

OG on a S&T should cost a 1st, that's already cheap price, if they can fit his max under 1st Apron, I wouldn't think twice.
DFS is also great idea, much cheaper, much more realistic, and I don't think they'll have a drop off offensively from Barnes, but it'll an improvement be defensively.
They can look for offense from their starting 2nd guard.

I dont think they can fit under 1st apron w/ a max'd OG and keep monk as well.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,067

Post#13 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:39 pm

On a smaller scale, Jalen Smith could make sense with the MLE. He’d provide some rim protection with Sabonis, while having some stretch to his game so Sabonis could operate everywhere. And he could still come off the bench for Murray, or start if Murray steps down to the 3?

Clearly not the major improvement you’re looking for, but at least a realistic one?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,640

Post#14 » by Skybox » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:41 pm

I'm guessing the only interaction between SAC and ORL this summer is taking Monk to the airport and wishing him well.

But...Wendell Carter Jr might be a great fit next to Sabonis (much more so than he is next to Paolo & Franz. He's big enough to defend true Centers, but on the other end, he can step outside and spread the floor. He's more than adequate rebounding and passing and is just generally a smart, versatile player. ORL could make him available because they'd really need more of a defender/rim-protector type and might just elevate Goga, chase Claxton or Hartenstein, or put Isaac in there. WCJ is as good or better than any of those guys, but I'm convinced his fit isn't ideal. He's averaged over 10 rpg before but that's severely compromised with ORL's guards & wings prioritizing rip and run out of the defensive end. Cole Anthony and Suggs are actually very strong rebounders, for example.

IF ORL steals Monk with a $20m per deal and the keys to the offense, I'd propose:

ORL sends: WCJ & Cole Anthony
SAC sends: Kevin Huerter & a frp (reasonable protections-at least a couple of years away)

*I would argue that Huerter is the third-best player in the deal, but he brings what ORL could use (high-volume 3pt shooting). Anthony Black should be moving into the PG spot with the 2nd unit and a guy like Huerter might be a better fit next to him. Collectively, ORL saves a little bit of annual salary (even though Huerter is, arguably, negative value at 17, then 18m) which they could use (in addition to all of their existing) to try to add a premier rim-running C, before all of the big rookie extensions kick in. Cole could, potentially, bringing much of what Fox did -as a high scoring combo guard off the bench. Honestly, my concern is that Monk is already playing at his ceiling and it may not scale up in a bigger role in ORL. Financially, the trade makes sense for both. For SAC, they get a big upgrade at C with a debatable (to what degree) downgrade at scoring guard. ORL bets on Monk turning into an explosive Lead Guard on a young team with a solid defense and star power at the forward spots.
Texas Chuck

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:59 pm

If Orlando is signing Monk, just turn it into a S&T and leave Huerter in Sacramento and Anthony in Orlando, right? No need to overcomplicate it.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#16 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:26 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:If Orlando is signing Monk, just turn it into a S&T and leave Huerter in Sacramento and Anthony in Orlando, right? No need to overcomplicate it.

it can't be a S&T if orlando is offering more money than Sacramento can offer to Monk?
ie Monk wouldn't agree to a S&T
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,640

Post#17 » by Skybox » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:53 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:If Orlando is signing Monk, just turn it into a S&T and leave Huerter in Sacramento and Anthony in Orlando, right? No need to overcomplicate it.

it can't be a S&T if orlando is offering more money than Sacramento can offer to Monk?

I think bidding well above SAC's max allowed is the only way he leaves a comfortable situation. I think Monk's happy and in a very suitable role...the ORL money gets his attention, then the opportunity to, basically, be Fox in ORL is the pitch. This is a common discussion among ORL board - but I'm a little afraid ORL (fans) might be projecting what they want to see onto the closest thing available in FA...Monk's really good, but I'm not sure he's got another gear in more of an on-ball leadership role. Paolo will be THE man in ORL, but I think there's a real need for a 3-level, ballhandling scorer in the backcourt to complement him. Offensively, at least in terms of PPG, I think Franz is more suited to third chair (although he'd still likely be second best player overall) because of his great variety of skills. Monk could really be a designated backcourt scorer, with a green light second only to Paolo. Suggs & Franz could dominate games on occasion-as coverages dictate, but generally be happy recipients off of Paolo & Monk's gravity. Right now, ORL is way too dependent on Paolo and Franz just iso-ing teams to death. That will only get you so far...ORL's success this year is built on being 17-0 vs bottom 6 teams. They're always in the fight due to their defense, but, IMO, there's a very hard ceiling on their growth without another reliable go-to scorer that can spread the floor and create space for others. Sadly, I expect the first round of the playoffs to expose that.
Texas Chuck

Post#18 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:03 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:

Why wouldn't he? Nothing changes for him. He gets the exact deal he wants only Sacramento gives a first for Carter and they fold it in.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#19 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:05 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Why wouldn't he? Nothing changes for him. He gets the exact deal he wants only Sacramento gives a first for Carter and they fold it in.

Sacramento is limited by how much money they can offer him though/they don't have bird rights i believe. the max they can give is 4 yr/78. If he gets an offer more than that in FA then Sacramento can't do a S&T
Texas Chuck

Post#20 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:09 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Sacramento is limited by how much money they can offer him though/they don't have bird rights i believe. the max they can give is 4 yr/78. If he gets an offer more than that in FA then Sacramento can't do a S&T

Gotcha. Yeah I guess he only has Early Birds then? My bad.

Return to Trades and Transactions