Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,782

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season? 

Post#41 » by BoogieTime » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 am

bpcox05 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:There’s really two different scenarios that depend on if Monk resigns with the Kings…

If Monk Resigns

POR Gets: Kevin Huerter, Sasha Vezenkov, Chris Duarte, & #13
SAC Gets: Jerami Grant & #33

In addition to the trade, I would…
- Resign Kessler Edwards to a $2-$3 mil per year deal over 3 years (with a team option in the 3rd year)
- Resign Alex Len and JaVale McGee for bench depth at C
- Draft BPA at #33 and #45

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Ellis / Monk / Jones
SF - Murray / Barnes / Edwards
PF - Grant / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Len / McGee
Picks - #33 / #45

With that roster, I’d go with a minutes rotation of…

PG - Fox (34) / Mitchell (10) / Monk (4)
SG - Ellis (24) / Monk (24)
SF- Murray (30) / Barnes (18)
PF - Grant (30) / Barnes (6) / Lyles (12)
C - Sabonis (34) / Len (8) / Lyles (6)

Fox = 34 min
Sabonis = 34 min
Murray = 30 min
Grant = 30 min
Monk = 28 min
Ellis = 24 min
Barnes = 24 min
Lyles = 18 min
Mitchell = 10 min
Len = 8 min

If Monk Walks

POR Gets: Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter, Sasha Vezenkov, Chris Duarte, & #13
SAC Gets: Jerami Grant & Malcolm Brogdon

- Resign Kessler Edwards to a $2-$3 mil per year deal over 3 years (with a team option in the 3rd year)
- Draft BPA at #45

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Ellis / Brogdon / Jones
SF - Murray / Edwards
PF - Grant / Lyles
Picks - #45

PG - Fox (34) / Mitchell (14)
SG - Ellis (20) / Brogdon (28)
SF - Murray (30) / Edwards (14) / Ellis (4)
PF - Grant (30) / Lyles (18)
C - Sabonis (34) / Len (10) / Lyles (4)

Fox = 34 min
Sabonis = 34 min
Murray = 30 min
Grant = 30 min
Brogdon = 28 min
Ellis = 24 min
Lyles = 22 min
Mitchell = 14 min
Edwards = 14 min
Len = 10 min

Monk > Grant

How is that related to my post?

How the Kings will be using their assets, contracts to acquire one or the other
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,782

Post#42 » by BoogieTime » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:21 am

JRoy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:There’s really two different scenarios that depend on if Monk resigns with the Kings…

If Monk Resigns

POR Gets: Kevin Huerter, Sasha Vezenkov, Chris Duarte, & #13
SAC Gets: Jerami Grant & #33

- Draft BPA at #33 and #45

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Ellis / Monk / Jones
SF - Murray / Barnes / Edwards
PF - Grant / Lyles
Picks - #33 / #45

PG - Fox (34) / Mitchell (10) / Monk (4)
SG - Ellis (24) / Monk (24)
SF- Murray (30) / Barnes (18)
PF - Grant (30) / Barnes (6) / Lyles (12)
C - Sabonis (34) / Len (8) / Lyles (6)

Fox = 34 min
Sabonis = 34 min
Murray = 30 min
Grant = 30 min
Monk = 28 min
Ellis = 24 min
Barnes = 24 min
Lyles = 18 min
Mitchell = 10 min
Len = 8 min

If Monk Walks

POR Gets: Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter, Sasha Vezenkov, Chris Duarte, & #13
SAC Gets: Jerami Grant & Malcolm Brogdon

- Draft BPA at #45

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Ellis / Brogdon / Jones
SF - Murray / Edwards
PF - Grant / Lyles
Picks - #45

PG - Fox (34) / Mitchell (14)
SG - Ellis (20) / Brogdon (28)
SF - Murray (30) / Edwards (14) / Ellis (4)
PF - Grant (30) / Lyles (18)
C - Sabonis (34) / Len (10) / Lyles (4)

Fox = 34 min
Sabonis = 34 min
Murray = 30 min
Grant = 30 min
Brogdon = 28 min
Ellis = 24 min
Lyles = 22 min
Mitchell = 14 min
Edwards = 14 min
Len = 10 min

Monk > Grant

Grant has 10 times the starts as Monk.

Monk is a very common prototype; small sg that cannot play pg with weak defense.

Grant has his warts but this shouldn’t be a debate.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Monk in FA.

The team fell off pretty much a cliff with out Malik. He's improving and is as much of an emotional leader as the team has. It will be interesting.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#43 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:24 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:Other than resigning Monk, Kings really need to add versatile defensive vets around Fox/Sabonis/Murray.

I love the idea of Jerami Grant on the Kings. He can play both the 3 & 4, and plays good defense.

I would also love to see Bruce Brown on the Kings, as he can defend 1-3, and does the nitty gritty that don’t show up on the box score.

Trade 1:
[b]#13 + K Huerter + C Duarte + D Mitchell
for
J Grant
[/b]

Trade 2:
H Barnes + ‘25 POR 2nd
for
B Brown

Fox / Brown / Murray / Grant/ Sabonis
Monk / Ellis / (FA-TBD)? / Sasha / Lyles

Add a backup wing through FA, and that’s a team that can go deep in the playoffs.

I'd do the 2nd trade. Iffy on the 1st.

I suggested something similar with Portland that their fans didn't mind.

Huerter + Barnes + 13 for Kris Murray + Grant

Now if we expand that with Toronto and Bruce Brown.

Kings out: Sasha, Duarte, Huerter, Barnes, 13, Portland 1st

Kings in: Brown, Kris, Grant

Fox - Keon - Murray - Grant - Sabonis
Mitchell - Monk - Kris Murray - Lyles

Add a veteran center in free agency. I'd roll with that.

I would not do any of those trades for Grant. He's terrible over paid. I don't think he'll put up anywhere near the numbers with the Kings as he did with the Blazers $29.8 million for that guy is too much money.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,583

Post#44 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:08 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:Other than resigning Monk, Kings really need to add versatile defensive vets around Fox/Sabonis/Murray.

I love the idea of Jerami Grant on the Kings. He can play both the 3 & 4, and plays good defense.

I would also love to see Bruce Brown on the Kings, as he can defend 1-3, and does the nitty gritty that don’t show up on the box score.

Trade 1:
[b]#13 + K Huerter + C Duarte + D Mitchell
for
J Grant
[/b]

Trade 2:
H Barnes + ‘25 POR 2nd
for
B Brown

Fox / Brown / Murray / Grant/ Sabonis
Monk / Ellis / (FA-TBD)? / Sasha / Lyles

Add a backup wing through FA, and that’s a team that can go deep in the playoffs.

I would not do any of those trades for Grant. He's terrible over paid. I don't think he'll put up anywhere near the numbers with the Kings as he did with the Blazers $29.8 million for that guy is too much money.

It's definitely not my first option. But I wouldn't expect Grant to put up Blazer numbers, I'd want him hovering around 12-15ppg and focusing on his defense. Back to his Denver/OKC days. Kings struggling badly with length and athleticism.. Too many non athletes and undersized guys. He would work fine against Pelicans, Rockets, etc some of the teams we struggled against.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,676

Post#45 » by Jkam31 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:24 pm

OxAndFox wrote:

Would absolutely agree on the two different scenarios the Kings are facing.

However, how much do you think Grant improves the Kings' D?
Are we talking in theory, or what he really is?

If people are trading Grant to the Kings because he can boost the offense, then sure. But he hasn't been a good defender for a long time. This isn't Jerami Grant in OKC/Denver. This is Jerami Grant in Detroit/Portland and they are 2 very different players.

Grant in Detroit and Portland isn’t playing on a playoff team and isn’t being asked to be the number one scorer. He’d be a plus defender that can defend 2-4 adding that next to two good defenders in Keon and Keegan is big. We were a top 5 defensive team with Keon starting and that’s with the barnes starting now add a plus defender as well as Keon/keegan both having more experience and taking another step. Now on offense we’re getting a scorer yes he can’t be a number one or even a great second scorer but a third with Keegan as well is amazing.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,676

Post#46 » by Jkam31 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:07 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

It's definitely not my first option. But I wouldn't expect Grant to put up Blazer numbers, I'd want him hovering around 12-15ppg and focusing on his defense. Back to his Denver/OKC days. Kings struggling badly with length and athleticism.. Too many non athletes and undersized guys. He would work fine against Pelicans, Rockets, etc some of the teams we struggled against.

I think he’ll be more like 16-19 with good defense. Let’s say we’re trading Huerter and Barnes for grant and Thybull while losing Monk to FA. That’s 30 shots leaving and 20 shots coming in when looking at **** attempts by players being traded. Now let’s we take 4 shot attempts away that go to Kepn Ellis then give Keegan 4 extra shots. That would give Grant 13-15 shots, he averaged 19 and 20 the two years he took 14 shots in Portland also with monk gone I’d expect Grant/Keegan to play a lot with the second unit as scorers

bpcox05 wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

If people are trading Grant to the Kings because he can boost the offense, then sure. But he hasn't been a good defender for a long time. This isn't Jerami Grant in OKC/Denver. This is Jerami Grant in Detroit/Portland and they are 2 very different players.

Let’s put it this way…we were a top defensive team to end the year with Harrison Barnes at PF. I repeat…Harrison Barnes. At the very least, do you think Grant helps us more on defense than Barnes? I sure do.

Now the comment around him being different defensively than he was on OKC/DEN is fair, but Grant has only played 4 seasons where his team had a winning record. That was with OKC and DEN. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the level of effort increase defensively on a team like the Kings where we are competing for a playoff spot. But even if the level of effort doesn’t increase during the regular season, you have to consider the level Grant can get to defensively when it matters most.

For example, would you rather have a player who gives it his all the entire season and is above average defensively both during the regular season and the playoffs or would you rather have a player who is average defensively during the regular season but is great/excellent defensively late in the 4th quarter and in the playoffs? The latter player gives us a higher ceiling and that’s how I sort of how I view Grant. And that’s very similar to how Fox played defense as well. He’d coast for a lot of the game but late in the game or in the playoffs, he had the skills, tools, IQ, length, and athleticism to become a great defender.

Also if we’re sending out Huerter/Barners with picks to also get Thybull in the deal we’d have only one player in the rotation that’s a defensive liability in Sabonis. Also with big wings in Grant, Keegan, and Thybull with switchable defender in Ellis we’d finally be able to matchup with teams like the clippers, Suns, and NO
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,504

Post#47 » by pillwenney » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:54 pm

OxAndFox wrote:

I think at some point, you have to take a chance on the possibility that the guy you're trading for becomes the guy you need, rather than holding on forever for the clear guy you need.

The clear analogue to this deal would be Gordon to Denver. He was, as I recall, more of a theoretically good defender in Orlando who wanted the ball a lot. Denver had to take the chance that they could morph him into the guy they needed because there aren't that many players with that profile out there.

Grant isn't even that theoretical. He's been that perfect guy before. Yes, he's been a worse defender in recent years as his offensive load has dramatically increased. The hope would be that he can be an idealized mix--where the lower offensive load he'd have here would allow him to expend more defensive energy, while still being a real threat and option offensively. Is it a guarantee? No. But we also can't forever cross our fingers and wait for JJJ to magically become available.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,148

Post#48 » by OxAndFox » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:19 pm

pillwenney wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:
I think at some point, you have to take a chance on the possibility that the guy you're trading for becomes the guy you need, rather than holding on forever for the clear guy you need.

The clear analogue to this deal would be Gordon to Denver. He was, as I recall, more of a theoretically good defender in Orlando who wanted the ball a lot. Denver had to take the chance that they could morph him into the guy they needed because there aren't that many players with that profile out there.

Grant isn't even that theoretical. He's been that perfect guy before. Yes, he's been a worse defender in recent years as his offensive load has dramatically increased. The hope would be that he can be an idealized mix--where the lower offensive load he'd have here would allow him to expend more defensive energy, while still being a real threat and option offensively. Is it a guarantee? No. But we also can't forever cross our fingers and wait for JJJ to magically become available.

That is fair. And so are all the points made about him and I do agree at some point you need to make a decision on guys your going after.
I just believe if you're looking for Jerami Grant to come in and be a defender (again, he hasn't been that since his year in Denver and even then he didn't play good defense in the POs - like meaningful games people keep harping on) and take a dip in scoring IMO two things are going to happen. Jerami Grant will be unhappy with his offensive role and his trade value will plummet so you won't get value back. He wasn't happy in Denver with his offensive role and he won't be here unless he is the #2 behind Fox and the Kings will regret that. There might be better options that shake loose after the POs and when the lottery balls fall where they may.
IMO if Grant finds his way onto the Kings they are on the road to having everyone paid a tier above their output.

The positive I would say about Grant to the Kings if it did happen would be at least it's not Kuzma.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,828

Post#49 » by shrink » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:19 pm

I am curious if the owner or front office have hinted at the team’s goal for the future?

Are they trying for a championship? They have some good players, but no one close to a top ten player.

Are they trying to be a solid team, that makes the first round of the playoffs, and stays midpack in a tough Western Conference?

Keegan Murray looks like a player, the books aren’t bad, but if they pay to keep Malik Monk, where does that leave them?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,615

Post#50 » by NYG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:09 am

Kuzma and 26 for Barnes and 13
bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 481

Post#51 » by bpcox05 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:04 am

OxAndFox wrote:
pillwenney wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

That is fair. And so are all the points made about him and I do agree at some point you need to make a decision on guys your going after.
I just believe if you're looking for Jerami Grant to come in and be a defender (again, he hasn't been that since his year in Denver and even then he didn't play good defense in the POs - like meaningful games people keep harping on) and take a dip in scoring IMO two things are going to happen. Jerami Grant will be unhappy with his offensive role and his trade value will plummet so you won't get value back. He wasn't happy in Denver with his offensive role and he won't be here unless he is the #2 behind Fox and the Kings will regret that. There might be better options that shake loose after the POs and when the lottery balls fall where they may.
IMO if Grant finds his way onto the Kings they are on the road to having everyone paid a tier above their output.

The positive I would say about Grant to the Kings if it did happen would be at least it's not Kuzma.

Grant could be the 2nd option while at the same time not be the 2nd best player. Sabonis is ideal in that facilitator role and as a secondary scorer but I wouldn’t say Grant is better than Sabonis.

If we can resign Monk, there’s just a lot to like about our roster after the following trade…

Jerami Grant

for

Kevin Huerter
Sasha Vezenkov
Chris Duarte

- We’d have 3 go-to scorers who you can dump the ball off to and ask them to go get us a bucket when defenses clamp down on the 4th quarter or in the playoffs (Fox, Grant, & Monk)
- We’d have 3 really solid secondary scorers who can help fill in the gaps offensively (Murray, Sabonis, & Barnes)
- We’d have a sixth man of the year caliber player off the bench (Monk) as well as another great bench option who can create some offense for himself (Barnes)
- We’d have 3 great shooters around Fox & Sabonis to keep the paint clear for them (Ellis, Murray, & Grant)
- We’d have 3 good playmakers/passers to keep the offense flowing (Fox, Monk, & Sabonis)
- We’d have 4 good to great defenders around Sabonis (Fox, Ellis, Murray, & Grant)
- We’d have 4 players with good to great length around Sabonis who is below average in that department (Fox, Ellis, Murray, & Grant)
- We’d have an elite defensive rebounder to help end possessions and limit 2nd chance points (Sabonis)
- We’d have Mitchell, Lyles, and Len as really solid deep bench options (8th-10th men)

There really isn’t a weakness with that roster. How far we’ll go probably will depend on how far our stars can carry us (and how much Murray develops).

Again, we had a top defensive team once Ellis started playing meaningful minutes and that was with Barnes starting at PF. Now you have replaced Barnes in the starting lineup with a PF who is a better defender, a better scorer, more athletic, and much longer. That should allow us to play defense at a similar level while at same time improving the offense since we now have another much needed go-to scorer. But the trade doesn’t just improve our starting lineup. Barnes would be a big bench upgrade for us, and him & Monk would be two of the best 1-2 bench punches in the league. Not to mention you’d still have Mitchell, Lyles, and Len to use if you want to go 10 men deep.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,615

Post#52 » by NYG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:48 am

bpcox05 wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
pillwenney wrote:

Grant could be the 2nd option while at the same time not be the 2nd best player. Sabonis is ideal in that facilitator role and as a secondary scorer but I wouldn’t say Grant is better than Sabonis.

If we can resign Monk, there’s just a lot to like about our roster after the following trade…

Jerami Grant

for

Kevin Huerter
Sasha Vezenkov
Chris Duarte

- We’d have 3 go-to scorers who you can dump the ball off to and ask them to go get us a bucket when defenses clamp down on the 4th quarter or in the playoffs (Fox, Grant, & Monk)
- We’d have 3 really solid secondary scorers who can help fill in the gaps offensively (Murray, Sabonis, & Barnes)
- We’d have a sixth man of the year caliber player off the bench (Monk) as well as another great bench option who can create some offense for himself (Barnes)
- We’d have 3 great shooters around Fox & Sabonis to keep the paint clear for them (Ellis, Murray, & Grant)
- We’d have 3 good playmakers/passers to keep the offense flowing (Fox, Monk, & Sabonis)
- We’d have 4 good to great defenders around Sabonis (Fox, Ellis, Murray, & Grant)
- We’d have 4 players with good to great length around Sabonis who is below average in that department (Fox, Ellis, Murray, & Grant)
- We’d have an elite defensive rebounder to help end possessions and limit 2nd chance points (Sabonis)
- We’d have Mitchell, Lyles, and Len as really solid deep bench options (8th-10th men)

There really isn’t a weakness with that roster. How far we’ll go probably will depend on how far our stars can carry us (and how much Murray develops).

Again, we had a top defensive team once Ellis started playing meaningful minutes and that was with Barnes starting at PF. Now you have replaced Barnes in the starting lineup with a PF who is a better defender, a better scorer, more athletic, and much longer. That should allow us to play defense at a similar level while at same time improving the offense since we now have another much needed go-to scorer. But the trade doesn’t just improve our starting lineup. Barnes would be a big bench upgrade for us, and him & Monk would be two of the best 1-2 bench punches in the league. Not to mention you’d still have Mitchell, Lyles, and Len to use if you want to go 10 men deep.

Same trade outgoing... Kuzma and 26 incoming?
bpcox05
Veteran

Post#53 » by bpcox05 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 am

NYG wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Jerami Grant

for

Kevin Huerter
Sasha Vezenkov
Chris Duarte

Same trade outgoing... Kuzma and 26 incoming?

I’d pass on Kuzma.

- Grant’s a better shooter (really important next to Fox and Sabonis)
- Grant’s a better defender (really important when Sabonis is your C)
- Grant’s a more efficient scorer (Kuzma has never averaged a .550 TS% in his career…even when he was on a team that has LeBron and Davis to take pressure off of him)
- Grant’s usage is lower which is important when you want Sabonis to play that facilitator role and to give a bit of space for Murray to continue growing his offensive game
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,148

Post#54 » by OxAndFox » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:30 am

bpcox05 wrote:
NYG wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:
I’d pass on Kuzma.

- Grant’s a better shooter (really important next to Fox and Sabonis)
- Grant’s a better defender (really important when Sabonis is your C)
- Grant’s a more efficient scorer (Kuzma has never averaged a .550 TS% in his career…even when he was on a team that has LeBron and Davis to take pressure off of him)
- Grant’s usage is lower which is important when you want Sabonis to play that facilitator role and to give a bit of space for Murray to continue growing his offensive game

If it were between Grant and Kuzma I would pay extra for Grant TBH. Kuzma is a hell no.

I know what you're saying and I could get on board with Grant. As I said he is a very good player, but if he were to come here it should be as a scorer because he isn't both. And then it still doesn't solve the problem defensively at the rim, nor with size. IMO Keegan would be playing the 4 over him defensively and I'm not sure he is ready for that yet and offers more upside as a perimeter defender.

You do bring up a good point if they could keep Barnes and bring him off the bench, and that would help the depth.
bpcox05
Veteran

Post#55 » by bpcox05 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:51 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:
NYG wrote:

If it were between Grant and Kuzma I would pay extra for Grant TBH. Kuzma is a hell no.

I know what you're saying and I could get on board with Grant. As I said he is a very good player, but if he were to come here it should be as a scorer because he isn't both. And then it still doesn't solve the problem defensively at the rim, nor with size. IMO Keegan would be playing the 4 over him defensively and I'm not sure he is ready for that yet and offers more upside as a perimeter defender.

You do bring up a good point if they could keep Barnes and bring him off the bench, and that would help the depth.

Again, you have to think about Grant’s defensive ceiling when he wants to turn it on. We’ve seen the level of defender he is when he gives effort. I’d bet that level of effort returns at least in crunch time and in the playoffs (just like Fox). Even guys like Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, etc. take their defensive effort to another level in crunch time/the playoffs.

That’s sort of my expectation of Grant. Someone who can give us a boost offensively while helping us maintain a good/great defense, but then when it’s crunch time or it’s playoff time, you have both Fox and Grant who can take it to another level defensively making that defense much more formidable.

Murray would not play the 4 over Grant IMO. Grant has great length. He has a 8’11” standing reach and a 7’2.75” wingspan. Keegan didn’t get measured at the combine but his twin brother did. Kris measured in with a 8’10” standing reach and a 6’11.75” wingspan.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#56 » by blind prophet » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:10 pm

Any other Kings fans pretty sure Monk is gone?
bpcox05
Veteran

Post#57 » by bpcox05 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 pm

blind prophet wrote:Any other Kings fans pretty sure Monk is gone?

I think there is a fair chance either way. I don’t agree that it’s a forgone conclusion that he is gone or staying but I know it’s popular to be drastic in your takes on a message board where your identity is hidden and you don’t have any accountability.

He very much talked about how he could get paid more but be in a worse situation. That tells me he’s at least weighing those two things which is good for the Kings.

He talked about wanting to start but that he also will do what’s best for the team. I think most/every player “wants” to start but some players understand that it might not always be best for the team considering the personnel. I think we also would have heard Monk be much more vocal if it bothered him that much when we literally started anyone but Monk at SG (Huerter, Duarte, Ellis). I don’t think a starting role will be as important as being in a good situation and money.

He said in a perfect world, would you want to stay with SAC? He said “definitely.” Again, that says a lot about how he likes the city, his coaches, his teammates, the competitiveness of the roster, etc. And we do have Fox who is his best friend (one of his best friends) which adds that much more incentive.

I feel like the only teams that are a threat are SAS and ORL.

I can see SAS becoming a competitive team quickly with Wembanyama’s continued development so that’s likely attractive to Monk and they’d probably be able to offer him a starting role (and Monk’s lack of size/length would be more neutralized when playing with a guy like Wemby). But with the reports that SAS is not interested in Trae Young, it makes me wonder if they actually would have interest in Monk since both are smaller guards who are below average defensively but can shoot and pass. Maybe SAS is holding out for something bigger or a different type of player/fit?

ORL is competitive now while also being young. They also could offer him a starting role next to Suggs and considering how good ORL is defensively, they could probably get away with Monk in the starting lineup. ORL just has such a glut of guards already Suggs, Black, Anthony, Fultz. I guess they could let Fultz walk and then look to move Anthony in a trade giving them a Monk-Suggs-Black 3 guard rotation.

I have ORL as the biggest threat at the moment.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 555

Post#58 » by aguiar95 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:03 pm

My mock off-season:

TRADE
Barnes, Huerter, Mitchell, Vezenkov, #13 (after draft), '25 POR 2nd (returned) for Grant, Brogdon, Murray.

OFF-SEASON
Re-sign Monk.

Fox, Ellis, Murray, Grant, Sabonis
Brogdon, Monk, Duarte, Lyles, Vet. Min.
#45, Jones, Edwards, Murray, Vet Min.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,504

Post#59 » by pillwenney » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:16 pm

OxAndFox wrote:

This is certainly all within the realm of possibility. But you can find negative possible outcome for any scenario. I just don't think you can really let perfect be the enemy what is, regardless, a very clear upgrade.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,329

Post#60 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 pm

Kings out: Duarte, Vezenkov, Mitchell, 13
Kings in: Caruso, DFS

Brooklyn out: DFS
Brooklyn in: Duarte, Mitchell, POR 2025-2028 LP 1st

Chicago out: Caruso, POR 2025-2028 LP 1st
Chicago in: Vezenkov, 13

Why for Brooklyn: get a 1st for DFS
Why for Chicago: combine lesser assets for another lotto pick
Why for Kings: upgrade perimeter D

Return to Trades and Transactions