Let's Play Lotto!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,022

Re: Let's Play Lotto! 

Post#21 » by R-DAWG » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:42 am

chrbal wrote:Detroit landed 4 or 5 an alarming amount of times I clicked

I don't think this is a horrible outcome for Detroit TBH. They don't need another raw, boom or bust prospect. I feel like they need more connective type of pieces - shooters, ect. Dalton Knecht and Reed Shepard are top of my list for them.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,792

Post#22 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:44 pm

1. Charlotte - Alexandre Sarr (F/C, Perth)
2. Portland - Zaccharie Risacher (F, JL Bourg)
3. San Antonio - Nikola Topic (G, Crvena Zvezda)
4. Atlanta - Stephon Castle (G, UConn)
5. Detroit - Dalton Knecht (F, Tennessee)
6. Washington - Donovan Clingan (C, UConn)
7. San Antonio (f/TOR) - Matas Buzelis (F, G League Ignite)
8. Memphis - Rob Dillingham (G, Kentucky)
9. Utah - Cody Williams (F, Colorado)
10. Houston (f/BKN) - Reed Shepard (G, Kentucky)
11. Chicago - Ja'Kobe Walter (G, Baylor)
12. OKC (f/HOU) - Zach Edey (C, Purdue)
13. Sacramento - Ron Holland (F, G League Ignite)
14. Portland (f/GSW) - Tidjane Salaun (F, Cholet)
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,257

Post#23 » by amcoolio » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:07 pm

Charlotte got #1 or #2 a lot of times I ran the sim. Which means we will definitely pick #7

Its a weird draft. Sarr should be the consensus #1 by the time the draft starts, just too much size, mobility, already can handle the ball and pass as a 7'1" player, that you take him and hope he improves at a Giannis rate
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,626

Post#24 » by NYG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:01 am

amcoolio wrote:Charlotte got #1 or #2 a lot of times I ran the sim. Which means we will definitely pick #7

Its a weird draft. Sarr should be the consensus #1 by the time the draft starts, just too much size, mobility, already can handle the ball and pass as a 7'1" player, that you take him and hope he improves at a Giannis rate

Watch the Spurs win the lotto and go Wemby/Sarr front-court and the Raptors get moved back to 7 where the Spurs grab Topic
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,475

Post#25 » by Chinook » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:26 am

chrbal wrote:Detroit landed 4 or 5 an alarming amount of times I clicked

That's not surprising. They have a 48-percent chance of getting the fifth pick and 12-percent chance to be fourth. That's the result of flat lotto odds. To put it into perspective, the Pistons have a 52-percent chance to getting a top-four pick with the worst record, and the Spurs with the fifth-worst record still has a 42-percent chance.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,792

Post#26 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:46 pm

NYG wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Charlotte got #1 or #2 a lot of times I ran the sim. Which means we will definitely pick #7

Watch the Spurs win the lotto and go Wemby/Sarr front-court and the Raptors get moved back to 7 where the Spurs grab Topic

I haven't really paid a ton of attention to this class (mostly because GS doesn't have a pick unless we luck into the top 4) but I feel like Risacher would be the move if the Spurs get #1. You already hit a home run with Wemby, you don't need to swing for the fences in a bad draft as much as you need to hit a solid double.

Return to Trades and Transactions