Sac - Utah - Brooklyn

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,632

Sac - Utah - Brooklyn 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 15, 2024 5:48 pm

Sac out: Davion, Barnes, Huerter, Duarte, 2025 Portland 2nd, 2025 Sac 2nd, 2026 Sac 2nd
Sac in: John Collins, DFS, Schroder

Brooklyn out: Cam Johnson, DFS, Schroder
Brooklyn in: Barnes, Davion, Duarte, 29, 32, 2025 Portland 2nd, 2025 Sac 2nd, 2026 Sac 2nd

Utah out: John Collins, 29, 32
Utah in: Cam Johnson, Kevin Huerter

Why for Sac? Change things up. Get some better fitting pieces around the core 3. Keep our pick to take a swing in the draft rather than pursuing a Kuzma/Grant type.
Fox - Keon - Murray - DFS - Sabonis
Schroder - Monk* - 13 - Lyles - Collins

Why for Brooklyn? Jordi gets a few guys to work with from Sac. Davion had a really good 2nd half of the season last year. Barnes is a vet that Jordi can work with, and Duarte is expiring. Plus they pick up a handful of picks as they go Mitchell** hunting. Reduce long term salary for summer of 25 as well.

Why for Utah? They already have a ton of young guys they are developing + adding #10 this year. Clear out Collins for some guys who fit around the team and can help them win now.
George - Huerter - Johnson - Lauri - Kessler
Sexton - Clarkson - Brice - Hendricks - 10
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,973

Re: Sac - Utah - Brooklyn 

Post#2 » by psman2 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:58 pm

If Barnes can be dump for cap or expirings then I think this is ok for Brooklyn. But in no way would they want to be stuck with Barnes if they are still on the 2025 cap space plan. I do think they should get off Cam as soon as possible but think he would be easier to move than Barnes. DFS for a late 1st and some 2nds seems inline with his value. But this trade leaves them as a really dysfunctional team. No PG, terrible forwards outside of Bridges. Which in theory wouldn't be a bad thing if they can stomach it.

I really don't know why Sac would want to pair Collins with Sabonis. That seems like a terrible fit on D.
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 330

Post#3 » by JKiddy » Wed May 15, 2024 6:12 pm

Can I be honest with you?

I do not see the value in this deal for BK.

DS is valued very highly as they need a PG. They really like his connection with Claxton. They need him because Ben cannot be counted on for half a season.

DFS is super valuable and the return is not there for BK.

CamJo might be attainable but none of the players BK would be receiving would hold value in BK now.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,464

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:16 pm

Really rough for Brooklyn, too good for Utah, way too good for Sacramento. I think Collins +32 for Barnes + Expiring filler is probably fine if Sacramento wants a power forward who provides some rim protection.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 15, 2024 6:19 pm

psman2 wrote:If Barnes can be dump for cap or expirings then I think this is ok for Brooklyn. But in no way would they want to be stuck with Barnes if they are still on the 2025 cap space plan. I do think they should get off Cam as soon as possible but think he would be easier to move than Barnes. DFS for a late 1st and some 2nds seems inline with his value. But this trade leaves them as a really dysfunctional team. No PG, terrible forwards outside of Bridges. Which in theory wouldn't be a bad thing if they can stomach it.

I really don't know why Sac would want to pair Collins with Sabonis. That seems like a terrible fit on D.

Yea I mean imo the thought is not really about this upcoming season. If Mitchell wants to be in NY, I think they have a wink wink in place to come join Bridges + 1 other guy summer of 25.

As for moving off Barnes that was the idea. After this year Barnes will be on a 1/19 expiring, and I don't think it would be to tough of a task to move him. But they are just temporarily cashing in some value for players who they won't be building around. Jordi also gets some guys he's familiar with in a growth year. No risk of DFS opting into his contract summer of 25. They would be Bridges, potentially Cam Thomas/Claxton + 29/32 + loads of cap space. The idea would be to go after Donovan Mitchell + 1 of Lauri, Jimmy, Turner, Gordon, etc.. And then you have a core 3 in place.
JKiddy
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by JKiddy » Wed May 15, 2024 6:24 pm

It seems like Mitchell wants to be in BK. I do not know if that is true. But, if so he might come now or in 2025.

But, in order to receive quality you need to give quality. This is not the worst trade offer. I think you need to make it more enticing for BK. Maybe you remove Dennis from this and give up a better player to BK than the guys you had in it?

Just something to think about to make it fair.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 15, 2024 6:26 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Really rough for Brooklyn, too good for Utah, way too good for Sacramento. I think Collins +32 for Barnes + Expiring filler is probably fine if Sacramento wants a power forward who provides some rim protection.

Ya I'm fine with this honestly.. Id do Barnes + Duarte or Sasha for 32 + Collins. Although Id like to bring in a 3rd team to turn Huerter + 32 + Portland 2nd into a better fit with Keon taking Huerters spot.

Maybe I missed on Brooklyn. Didn't really see any of their guys worth a whole lot. I was looking at it in the sake that they are positioning to be a cap space team in 2025, this adds some assets + opens up some money for guys who aren't in the long term plans. I don't think they got an offer of a decent 1st for DFS last year or he woulda been moved. Now he's on a 1+1, 31 years old, coming off a meh 2 seasons in a row.

My thought in terms of Brooklyn

Davion > Schroder - younger/cheaper and Davion could be a long term backup. This part could be taken out.
Barnes + 4 2nds = Cam Johnson
Duarte + 29 = DFS
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 15, 2024 6:27 pm

JKiddy wrote:It seems like Mitchell wants to be in BK. I do not know if that is true. But, if so he might come now or in 2025.

But, in order to receive quality you need to give quality. This is not the worst trade offer. I think you need to make it more enticing for BK. Maybe you remove Dennis from this and give up a better player to BK than the guys you had in it?

Just something to think about to make it fair.

Look at my post above. If you are valuing DFS as a very important fit to Brooklyn long term, I think Kings would look elsewhere. Removing Schroder/Davion wouldn't be an issue from Kings standpoint.

But I respect the input, and appreciate the feedback! Willing to admit I didn't value DFS as much as you.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,464

Post#9 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:34 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Really rough for Brooklyn, too good for Utah, way too good for Sacramento. I think Collins +32 for Barnes + Expiring filler is probably fine if Sacramento wants a power forward who provides some rim protection.

Ya I'm fine with this honestly.. Id do Barnes + Duarte or Sasha for 32 + Collins. Although Id like to bring in a 3rd team to turn Huerter + 32 + Portland 2nd into a better fit with Keon taking Huerters spot.

Maybe I missed on Brooklyn. Didn't really see any of their guys worth a whole lot. I was looking at it in the sake that they are positioning to be a cap space team in 2025, this adds some assets + opens up some money for guys who aren't in the long term plans. I don't think they got an offer of a decent 1st for DFS last year or he woulda been moved. Now he's on a 1+1, 31 years old, coming off a meh 2 seasons in a row.

Davion > Schroder - younger/cheaper and Davion could be a long term backup. This part could be taken out.
Duarte + 29 = DFS

Maybe I like Cam too much, but I think he's the most valuable piece involved. I also don't think Davion is as valuable as Schroder. Both kind of suck, but Dennis can be a rotation player for a good team.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
JKiddy
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by JKiddy » Wed May 15, 2024 6:36 pm

Thanks for being cool.

The Nets might be trading DFS this off-season for a 1st and expiring or as a part of a bigger trade where they grab a big fish.

Something is brewing. I am just unsure what!
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 15, 2024 6:41 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Duarte + 29 = DFS

Maybe I like Cam too much, but I think he's the most valuable piece involved. I also don't think Davion is as valuable as Schroder. Both kind of suck, but Dennis can be a rotation player for a good team.

Cam is interesting. I've seen some say they love him, and other Nets fans who think he's a waste of space. I expected a better season out of him tbh. Solid 3pt shooter who isn't a defensive liability. He's 28 now so pretty much is what he is. I don't think he's worth a ton on that deal, but he's certainly worth something.

Put another deal up involving Utah, Sac, with the 3rd team as Toronto. Maybe that one is closer.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#12 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 15, 2024 6:41 pm

JKiddy wrote:Thanks for being cool.

The Nets might be trading DFS this off-season for a 1st and expiring or as a part of a bigger trade where they grab a big fish.

Something is brewing. I am just unsure what!

Be interesting to see what they do! Big market with tons of cap space incoming, would love to see Donovan + Bridges + a 3rd guy.
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,846

Post#13 » by SkyHook » Wed May 15, 2024 7:54 pm

I like it. Collins + 32 for Barnes + Mitchell. Have Davion wear 45 so that my son's jerseys are current again. :lol:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless.
But I still cling to hope and I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me.

— Faithless by Rush (lyrics. Neil Peart)
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,185

Post#14 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 16, 2024 12:37 am

SkyHook wrote:

I like it. Collins + 32 for Barnes + Mitchell. Have Davion wear 45 so that my son's jerseys are current again. :lol:

I would do that.
I know for the Kings Davion played a hell of a lot better in the second half of the season, basically because the coaching staff allowed him to play his style of play, but if they don't allow him to be that player the entire time he needs another team.

I've always liked the fit of Collins with Sabonis and the #32 gives a swing at a player.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,636

Post#15 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu May 16, 2024 12:51 am

I don’t see how this benefits the Nets.

Definitely benefits the Rockets though.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,356

Post#16 » by SNPA » Thu May 16, 2024 3:32 am

LightTheBeam wrote:Sac out: Davion, Barnes, Huerter, Duarte, 2025 Portland 2nd, 2025 Sac 2nd, 2026 Sac 2nd
Sac in: John Collins, DFS, Schroder

Brooklyn out: Cam Johnson, DFS, Schroder
Brooklyn in: Barnes, Davion, Duarte, 29, 32, 2025 Portland 2nd, 2025 Sac 2nd, 2026 Sac 2nd

Utah out: John Collins, 29, 32
Utah in: Cam Johnson, Kevin Huerter

Why for Sac? Change things up. Get some better fitting pieces around the core 3. Keep our pick to take a swing in the draft rather than pursuing a Kuzma/Grant type.
Fox - Keon - Murray - DFS - Sabonis
Schroder - Monk* - 13 - Lyles - Collins

Why for Brooklyn? Jordi gets a few guys to work with from Sac. Davion had a really good 2nd half of the season last year. Barnes is a vet that Jordi can work with, and Duarte is expiring. Plus they pick up a handful of picks as they go Mitchell** hunting. Reduce long term salary for summer of 25 as well.

Why for Utah? They already have a ton of young guys they are developing + adding #10 this year. Clear out Collins for some guys who fit around the team and can help them win now.
George - Huerter - Johnson - Lauri - Kessler
Sexton - Clarkson - Brice - Hendricks - 10

Takes all the Kings unwanted assets (minus Davion) and turns them into new unwanted assets. Why?

Return to Trades and Transactions