Availability of WCS?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,641

Re: Availability of WCS? 

Post#21 » by jpengland » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:59 am

Kings2013 wrote:
jpengland wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:
?. No one was assuring anyone that we were a playoff team. A team was just thrown together and has played a tough schedule without its star player for a lot of it. This year is about competing but the talent level we feel is largely fine but needs to come together. This year is only about setting a competitive base. Change isn't needed, cohesion and chemistry are

If Rondo and McLemore are the answer, you are asking the wrong question.

But Deron Williams and Wes Matthews are?

It's not known whether or not they are. Are we going to disrespect Rondo based on his reputation and not being the current assist leader? Like Rudy Gay? McLemore is averaging 43/43 percentages and has the tools to be a good defender, we will see. He's 22. Let the process unfold

No, Deron and Wes Matthews aren't the answer to any question other than 'what could we piece together' - If there was an opportunity to upgrade, you can bet your life Cuban would jump at it. That's my point - nothing is 'set'.
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Re: RE: Re: Availability of WCS? 

Post#22 » by GANGSTERDOG » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:29 pm

californiadude wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Orlando would beat that offer and play WCS next to Vuc.

Why would you play him next Vuc when Gordon is a much better fit?

Because Air Gordon is a Small Foward who can occasionally play the 4
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Post#23 » by GANGSTERDOG » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:32 pm

WCS and a Protected 1st

for

Oladipo OR Fournier/ 2nd Rounder.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,278

Re: RE: Re: Availability of WCS? 

Post#24 » by BadWolf » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:54 pm

GANGSTERDOG wrote:
californiadude wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Orlando would beat that offer and play WCS next to Vuc.

Why would you play him next Vuc when Gordon is a much better fit?

Because Air Gordon is a Small Foward who can occasionally play the 4

both Gordon and WCS with Payton and Dipo? ugh, terrible idea
Now, Vuc for WCS would be interesting for Magic. But you need a third team for that
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,612

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:03 pm

GANGSTERDOG wrote:WCS and a Protected 1st

for

Yeah you can forget about the Kings adding a 1st. They don't want to trade WCS. He's not on the block. He was the No. 6 pick in last summer's draft and they're happy with him. If anything, the Magic will be adding the 1st.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#26 » by old rem » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:23 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:The Lakers suck - obviously - but i've seen positive signs from both Randle and Russell, so i'm thinking they're good pieces to build around. In that regard, i'm thinking that the perfect 5 to complement those two going forward would be Willie Caulie-Stein.

What would it take to get him and is it even possible with the pieces the Lakers have?
(Russ, Randle, possible top 3 is off the table, of course).

I'm thinking something along the lines of:
Bass, Clarkson, Lou Williams, ?? for WCS and whatever other pieces you wanna get rid of.

The Kings are 5-10, but only 1 game out of the playoff picture and Boogie has been out for 5 games (all losses), so this may be the year where the Kings can make the playoffs (if Boogie is healthy of course). This deal would help the Kings immediately and give them some security going forward in their back-court and with both Boogie and Kosta in their prime, i think they can live without a third big man.
Is this way off?

From the Lakers point of view, they essentially move a nice young asset (Clarkson) for another nice young asset in WCS, who fits a lot better with the Lakers' plans. Bass and Lou are not going to be on the next Laker playoff team anyway, but they still are pretty good for a team aiming to make the playoffs now.

Thoughts?
Thoughts? I think you ASSUME the Kings are dumber than they are. I saw the sorry Lakers last night. Take their main assets off the table.....instead dump off some guys who COST and ain't young? You don't get a lot. :cry: For Sac.. getting the Next Clarkson? NOT a big plan. They may already have that.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#27 » by old rem » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:32 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
GANGSTERDOG wrote:WCS and a Protected 1st

for

Yeah you can forget about the Kings adding a 1st. They don't want to trade WCS. He's not on the block. He was the No. 6 pick in last summer's draft and they're happy with him. If anything, the Magic will be adding the 1st.
Don't they owe the Bulls a protected #1? HUGE diff between the value of Oladipo and Fournier. The details here are raggedy.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions