Brook Lopez to ORL

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,718

Re: Brook Lopez to ORL 

Post#21 » by JayMKE » Sat May 11, 2024 12:03 pm

WCJ kinda sucks and he still will when Brook decides to hang it up in a few years, Brook is a relative iron man and better player. Being 25 isn’t that much of an asset when you’re a much more injury prone player and entered the league as basically a finished product, that’s a guy you ship out ASAP when an upgrade is available. Lopez has developed more as a player in his 30s than WCJ has in his 20s.
FREE GIANNIS
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,200

Post#22 » by zaymon » Sat May 11, 2024 2:03 pm

JayMKE wrote:WCJ kinda sucks and he still will when Brook decides to hang it up in a few years, Brook is a relative iron man and better player. Being 25 isn’t that much of an asset when you’re a much more injury prone player and entered the league as basically a finished product, that’s a guy you ship out ASAP when an upgrade is available. Lopez has developed more as a player in his 30s than WCJ has in his 20s.

You went way too far. Lopez added 3 point shot when he was 28, Carter 23.
Carter is also better passer and rebounder than Lopez ever was.
Lopez is better post up player and better rim protector, but he was since the beginning its not a thing of development as much.
I understand why Bucks want to maximize ever year but for Orlando this deal is as bad as they come and I am not a huge Carter fan.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,718

Post#23 » by JayMKE » Sat May 11, 2024 2:18 pm

zaymon wrote:
JayMKE wrote:WCJ kinda sucks and he still will when Brook decides to hang it up in a few years, Brook is a relative iron man and better player. Being 25 isn’t that much of an asset when you’re a much more injury prone player and entered the league as basically a finished product, that’s a guy you ship out ASAP when an upgrade is available. Lopez has developed more as a player in his 30s than WCJ has in his 20s.

Lopez is better post up player and better rim protector, but he was since the beginning its not a thing of development as much.
I understand why Bucks want to maximize ever year but for Orlando this deal is as bad as they come and I am not a huge Carter fan.

WCJ isnt very good at either of those things tho, he marginally averages more per game while missing 30+ more games a season to injury. Brook is just a way more talented overall player, end of story. If you’re trading for WCJ to improve your rebounding and passing, your athleticism, you’ve done goofed. Bucks want a more switchable defender and rim protector, not just any younger plodding big with a pulse. Imo WCJ is more a solid backup than a starter, he’s younger but hasn’t developed since getting into the league
FREE GIANNIS
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,137

Post#24 » by Residual-Heat » Sat May 11, 2024 9:32 pm

JayMKE wrote:
zaymon wrote:

WCJ isnt very good at either of those things tho, he marginally averages more per game while missing 30+ more games a season to injury. Brook is just a way more talented overall player, end of story. If you’re trading for WCJ to improve your rebounding and passing, your athleticism, you’ve done goofed. Bucks want a more switchable defender and rim protector, not just any younger plodding big with a pulse. Imo WCJ is more a solid backup than a starter, he’s younger but hasn’t developed since getting into the league

WCJ isnt a "plodding big", he is mobile and switchable for a starting center. He also has definitely improved since his rookie year. His defense has improved a lot and he has developed into a solid 3pt shooter. He continues to improve, going from 32.7% to 35.6% to 37.4% from 3 in the last three years.
Kencapers68
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Kencapers68 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:14 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:remove anthony and it seems right

Don't mean to insult you but that trade is really not that fair to the Bucks. Lopez is a very reliable player and both of these guys have had injury problems the last few years
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,826

Post#26 » by Skybox » Fri May 17, 2024 12:29 am

Residual-Heat wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
zaymon wrote:

WCJ isnt a "plodding big", he is mobile and switchable for a starting center. He also has definitely improved since his rookie year. His defense has improved a lot and he has developed into a solid 3pt shooter. He continues to improve, going from 32.7% to 35.6% to 37.4% from 3 in the last three years.

IF WCJ is a "plodding big"...what on Earth is Brook? :lol: Brook's great but you're badly overplaying your biased hand. :crazy:

Return to Trades and Transactions