I'm so sorry jay POR/DET/DAL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,578

Re: I'm so sorry jay POR/DET/DAL 

Post#21 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 20, 2024 4:45 am

Myth wrote:
Case2012 wrote: Though if Dallas is letting him go this easily, I suspect that means even behind the scenes they aren’t convinced.

I mean they can't be convinced. He didn't do anything in the big boy league.

But he's not here because I'm trying to pawn someone worthless off on other teams. He's literally the only option here. Lively way too valuable, Hardy and Lawson have no value and that's it for young cheap players.

I never try and mislead about who Dallas players are. Never sold him as a high value piece. I have his value as a couple 2nds maybe. Thybulle is a better player now, Prosper cheaper and with more upside. Typically this is how deals goes. IF the prospect was already as good as the veteran well the team with the prospect never makes the trade, right? There is always some risk of bust for the team getting the prospect.

But so we are all super clear, he is a lower level prospect. Not selling him as anything more.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,785

Post#22 » by Case2012 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:45 am

Myth wrote:
Case2012 wrote:who the f is Omax? Thybulle is young enough to be a part of this rebuild, and he's cheap. Not to mention he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and he developed a reliable 3 this season. I would trade him for a 1st in the 18-25 range this year, but no way am I doing it for a few seconds. I think Denver could really use him, so I would see what they have to offer.

Olivier-Maxence Prosper. Late first rounder from Dallas who didn’t get real minutes this year. Kind of an unknown right now. So I think the idea behind the proposal is to save money while taking a flier on him. Though if Dallas is letting him go this easily, I suspect that means even behind the scenes they aren’t convinced.

Been there done that, classic olshey move. I'd rather have picks and let Schmitz cook.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,643

Post#23 » by Myth » Mon May 20, 2024 5:23 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
Myth wrote:
Case2012 wrote: Though if Dallas is letting him go this easily, I suspect that means even behind the scenes they aren’t convinced.

I mean they can't be convinced. He didn't do anything in the big boy league.

But he's not here because I'm trying to pawn someone worthless off on other teams. He's literally the only option here. Lively way too valuable, Hardy and Lawson have no value and that's it for young cheap players.

I never try and mislead about who Dallas players are. Never sold him as a high value piece. I have his value as a couple 2nds maybe. Thybulle is a better player now, Prosper cheaper and with more upside. Typically this is how deals goes. IF the prospect was already as good as the veteran well the team with the prospect never makes the trade, right? There is always some risk of bust for the team getting the prospect.

But so we are all super clear, he is a lower level prospect. Not selling him as anything more.

I didn’t think you were trying to mislead, I was just explaining what I knew of the player (which is very little) to Case. I also don’t think it is a bad move for Portland. Save money, take a flier on a recent first who either didn’t get a fair chance or didn’t earn his spot, swap our worst of 4 picks in this draft for a future 2nd from a team that is frequently bad (could be better by then). Overall, a pretty similar trade to your OP where I’m not particularly excited about it, but I definitely take if no other cost cutting move makes more sense.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,643

Post#24 » by Myth » Mon May 20, 2024 5:26 am

Case2012 wrote:
Myth wrote:
Case2012 wrote:who the f is Omax? Thybulle is young enough to be a part of this rebuild, and he's cheap. Not to mention he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and he developed a reliable 3 this season. I would trade him for a 1st in the 18-25 range this year, but no way am I doing it for a few seconds. I think Denver could really use him, so I would see what they have to offer.

Olivier-Maxence Prosper. Late first rounder from Dallas who didn’t get real minutes this year. Kind of an unknown right now. So I think the idea behind the proposal is to save money while taking a flier on him. Though if Dallas is letting him go this easily, I suspect that means even behind the scenes they aren’t convinced.

Been there done that, classic olshey move. I'd rather have picks and let Schmitz cook.

I get this take too. Could be another Keon Johnson situation. At least OMP isn’t another guard, which makes me more likely to take that chance.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 873

Post#25 » by tester551 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:32 am

Myth wrote:
Case2012 wrote:
Myth wrote:Olivier-Maxence Prosper. Late first rounder from Dallas who didn’t get real minutes this year. Kind of an unknown right now. So I think the idea behind the proposal is to save money while taking a flier on him. Though if Dallas is letting him go this easily, I suspect that means even behind the scenes they aren’t convinced.

I get this take too. Could be another Keon Johnson situation. At least OMP isn’t another guard, which makes me more likely to take that chance.

I like his athleticism and frame.
Id rather take a swing on OMax instead of having extra future 2nds

I think he could have a higher ceiling than Walker or Camara.
Case2012
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Case2012 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:04 pm

tester551 wrote:
Myth wrote:
Case2012 wrote:

thybulle locked in a few more years cheap with all first team defense and a reliable 3 is worth a late first. NYK or denver would be a perfect fit. NYK could do it and the matching salaries have team options to shed salary. Matisse would be huge in Thibs system. Worked out for them pretty good last year when we sent them Hart...
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,980

Post#27 » by psman2 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:15 pm

Case2012 wrote:
tester551 wrote:
Myth wrote:I get this take too. Could be another Keon Johnson situation. At least OMP isn’t another guard, which makes me more likely to take that chance.

thybulle locked in a few more years cheap with all first team defense and a reliable 3 is worth a late first. NYK or denver would be a perfect fit. NYK could do it and the matching salaries have team options to shed salary. Matisse would be huge in Thibs system. Worked out for them pretty good last year when we sent them Hart...

Denver cannot trade for him, they have to take in less/same salary and cannot aggregate salary, none of their contracts work. NY really doesn't have the minutes behind Hart/McBride/DD/OG to really need Thybulle. And NY is about to get real expensive, they really need cheap cost controlled guys into the future.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 873

Post#28 » by tester551 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:33 pm

psman2 wrote:
Case2012 wrote:
tester551 wrote:I like his athleticism and frame.

Denver cannot trade for him, they have to take in less/same salary and cannot aggregate salary, none of their contracts work. NY really doesn't have the minutes behind Hart/McBride/DD/OG to really need Thybulle. And NY is about to get real expensive, they really need cheap cost controlled guys into the future.

Agreed. I don't buy Knicks or Denver as being possibilities.
Also OMax was worth a 'late first' 12 months ago when Dallas drafted him. IMO, he has played reasonably well when given an opportunity - so he hasn't done anything to really 'diminish' his value.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,885

Post#29 » by Norm2953 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:35 pm

Thybulle does have a PO next summer and could opt out to get out of a losing situation in
Portland.

I don't mind the OP proposal nor do I mind the counter proposal. It might be better to have
a warm body as opposed to the unknown of future SRP
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,729

Post#30 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 20, 2024 6:41 pm

Norm2953 wrote:Thybulle does have a PO next summer and could opt out to get out of a losing situation in
Portland.

Any player with a reliable 3 and all nba defense should opt out of a sub MLE contract
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 599

Post#31 » by LaSheed » Mon May 20, 2024 7:01 pm

Ok with it from Detroit as long as it's like stated our like plan D lol. Always liked Prosper but we can't develop very well :(
Case2012
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Case2012 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:58 pm

psman2 wrote:
Case2012 wrote:
tester551 wrote:I like his athleticism and frame.

They needed him yesterday pretty badly. Depth is a thing and I'm pretty sure the pacers wouldnt have had a record breaking fg% with a all defensive team guy in the line up. It works in the trade machine if you exercise the team options on some of the bench warmers.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,827

Post#33 » by penbeast0 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:06 pm

tester551 wrote:Agreed. I don't buy Knicks or Denver as being possibilities.
Also OMax was worth a 'late first' 12 months ago when Dallas drafted him. IMO, he has played reasonably well when given an opportunity - so he hasn't done anything to really 'diminish' his value.

A year less team control plus he isn't a breakout candidate (small but real chance with late 1st pick).
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,980

Post#34 » by psman2 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:14 pm

Case2012 wrote:
psman2 wrote:
Case2012 wrote:

They needed him yesterday pretty badly. Depth is a thing and I'm pretty sure the pacers wouldnt have a record breaking fg% with a all defensive team guy in the line up. They do have the salaries.https://fanspo.com/nba/trade-machine

Sure....if a team has a 35+ minute wing out then you are going to have some minutes open up. But I don't think the Knicks or any team is going to take the worst case scenario as a reason to make a move. If your 2/3rd best player is out then a player the level of Thybulle getting minutes over giving more minutes to your own guys is going to make zero difference. Next season Thybulle is likely a 10-12 minute guy there at full health if they bring back OG. Thybulle likely opts out for a better opportunity. So the Knicks use a late 1st for a deep rotation wing that likely walks after one year.
Case2012
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Case2012 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:26 pm

psman2 wrote:
Case2012 wrote:
psman2 wrote:

They needed him yesterday pretty badly. Depth is a thing and I'm pretty sure the pacers wouldnt have a record breaking fg% with a all defensive team guy in the line up. They do have the salaries.https://fanspo.com/nba/trade-machine

Sure....if a team has a 35+ minute wing out then you are going to have some minutes open up. But I don't think the Knicks or any team is going to take the worst case scenario as a reason to make a move. If your 2/3rd best player is out then a player the level of Thybulle getting minutes over giving more minutes to your own guys is going to make zero difference. Next season Thybulle is likely a 10-12 minute guy there at full health if they bring back OG. Thybulle likely opts out for a better opportunity. So the Knicks use a late 1st for a deep rotation wing that likely walks after one year.

He's 10-12 minutes unless you have a injuries, and NY had a lot of them. How many games is OG good for every year? Even if you don't he's one of the best defenders in the league and having someone like that you can throw into any line up would be very nice to have for a team trying to contend. Having a all defensive wing on the bench in the playoffs is worth a very late first IMO, and again, thibs would love him and he'd be an amazing fit.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 483

Post#36 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri May 24, 2024 7:00 pm

Astaluego wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Also sorry to Blazer fans who won't like this valuation on Thybulle(though I believe it to be fair).

This is obviously a take on jay's attempts to shed enough salary from Dallas to open up MLE for Jones Jr.

Deal only happens if Detroit is unable to sign the free agents they really like in free agency. This is definitely not plan A for them to be clear. Plus Dallas has to wait a year to trade for Thybulle

Portland trades Thybulle
Portland gets: 25 TOR 2nd, 27 DET 2nd/28 MIA 2nd

Detroit trades: 27 DET 2nd
Detroit gets THJ/Prosper

Dallas trades: THJ/Prosper/25 TOR 2nd/28 MIA 2nd
Dallas gets Thybulle

Portland gets 3 seconds all with potential to be good ones and total cap relief solving their tax issues.

Detroit picks up a prospect for taking on one year of THJ who can at least be a pro and a shooter for a year.

Dallas goes after the guy they tried to sign instead of Derrick Jones while also opening up the money to bring back Jones.(if he's willing to wait on this)

New Pistons management won’t be making these types of moves anymore. Pistons can hard pass this one. We don’t need Burks 2.0 type of deal. I get Prosper was just a late first rounder but another forward who can’t spread the floor is the last thing the Pistons need.
It's the G league but... O-Max has shot +42% from 3 on +5 attempts, at 6'7 and 230 pounds....and has great defensive potential...I hope we keep him and pretty sure that he will not be released as a small sweetener..he was chosen knowing that he was raw..the boy will be better than DFS in my opinion

Pistons need to get away from using their cap space to help other teams get better. Prosper doesn’t have the upside right now. Pistons need to add first round picks and draft well. Acquiring other teams recent first rounders who can’t crack the drafting team’s lineup/rotation is just more of the same bad moves of years past.

Return to Trades and Transactions