MN-GSW draft day

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Re: MN-GSW draft day 

Post#41 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Yeah I don't like this deal. More so because I'm not an Al Jefferson fan at all, and I REALLY want to see Randolph develop fully before dealing him.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#42 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:42 pm

The problem is the fit, not the value... Shrinks deal of AR, Maggs, BW for Al seems ok value to me, but do we need an offensive minded PF? Same problem, new position.

If Min is trying to move Big Al, i'd think Chicago would be a great destination for him
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#43 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:The problem is the fit, not the value... Shrinks deal of AR, Maggs, BW for Al seems ok value to me, but do we need an offensive minded PF? Same problem, new position.

If Min is trying to move Big Al, i'd think Chicago would be a great destination for him

So, Jefferson is a problem player at PF due to xxxxxxxx, yet you think the value of Randolph, Maggette and Wright for Jefferson seems right to you? You must REALLY hate your own players.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,763

Post#44 » by azwfan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:50 pm

Krapinsky wrote:How about this dillyeo?

How far away is Monta + Randolph + Vlad Rad (~ 20M) for Jefferson + Gomes + Hollins (~ 15M w/o Gomes, 19M w/) ?

EDIT: or take out Vladrad, Gomes and Hollins, but Wolves add #16?

Warrior homer here:

Not very close. Without Randolph it gets closer, but i'd probably prefer to keep Monta, and I'm not a big Jefferson fan. I'd package Ellis and Randolph to get a star player, i don't put Jefferson in that category.

If we're out of the top 4 post lottery, i may trade our pick plus Maggette for Jefferson.

If we get Turner in the draft i might do Ellis + Wright for Jefferson. I think thats probably the MAX i would give up for Jefferson with a gun to my head.

Honestly most of the fun of getting Jefferson would be reading Sid the Squid rant and rave about how terrible he is.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,288

Post#45 » by shrink » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote: Shrinks deal of AR, Maggs, BW for Al seems ok value to me

Just wanted to clarify that this is not my deal.

I will say that I roll my eyes when, regardless of age, injury or whatever other excuses you want to make, I see a team that loses nearly 60 games call FIVE PLAYERS "nearly untouchable."

You don't see that in the other fanbases, and I saw no one from GSW contradict this position. With so many nearly untouchable players, maybe the trade board is the wrong place for happy posting, and you'd be happier on Player Comparisons or better yet, on the GSW board, reinforcing your own high opinions?
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#46 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:58 pm

shrink wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote: Shrinks deal of AR, Maggs, BW for Al seems ok value to me

I will say that I roll my eyes when, regardless of age, injury or whatever other excuses you want to make, I see a team that loses nearly 60 games call FIVE PLAYERS "nearly untouchable."

You don't see that in the other fanbases, and I saw no one from GSW contradict this position. With so many nearly untouchable players, maybe the trade board is the wrong place for happy posting, and you'd be happier on Player Comparisons or better yet, on the GSW board, reinforcing your own high opinions?

Man I didn't even think about that...FUNNY!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Coxy wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:The problem is the fit, not the value... Shrinks deal of AR, Maggs, BW for Al seems ok value to me, but do we need an offensive minded PF? Same problem, new position.

So, Jefferson is a problem player at PF due to xxxxxxxx, yet you think the value of Randolph, Maggette and Wright for Jefferson seems right to you? You must REALLY hate your own players.

yup. Maggette and Jefferson both do the same things just at different positions. But maggette handles too much.

If they were diseases, Jefferson is a bad cold and Maggs is the runs. which would you rather have?
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#48 » by lakerhater » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:03 am

shrink wrote:

You don't see that in the other fanbases, and I saw no one from GSW contradict this position.

Ah, it's obvious, since GSW fans didn't respond to the post in question then they all agree with that post :roll:
BeRight32
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#49 » by BeRight32 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 am

azwfan wrote:
turk3d wrote:I'd be much more willing to give up Wright than I would Randolph. Randolph's a keeper as far as I'm concerned. We have a lot of talent on this team. Out of the 15 or so players (a few of them are D-League extras due to our injuries) the following I won't say are untouchable but in order to consider letting go you'll have to knock our socks off (which none of you are doing).

Near untouchable:
Curry
Randolph
Wright

Maybe available for the right deal but not giving away
Biedrins
Ellis
Turiaf
Williams
Morrow

Readily available
Maggette
Azubuike
CJ Watson
Tolliver
Hunter
Radmanovic
George

I agree in general, but for me, i do not have Biedrins and Morrow in the same area as Curry, Ellis, or Randolph. I'd say they are somewhere inbetween the 1st and 2nd groups you have listed. Also i'd probably push CJ Watson down into readily available.

I say its more like this
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#50 » by lakerhater » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:06 am

turk3d wrote:I'd be much more willing to give up Wright than I would Randolph. Randolph's a keeper as far as I'm concerned. We have a lot of talent on this team. Out of the 15 or so players (a few of them are D-League extras due to our injuries) the following I won't say are untouchable but in order to consider letting go you'll have to knock our socks off (which none of you are doing).

Near untouchable:
Curry
Randolph
Biedrins
Ellis
Morrow

Maybe available for the right deal but not giving away
Wright
Turiaf
Maggette
CJ Watson
Azubuike
Williams

Readily available
Tolliver
Hunter
Radmanovic
George

The only GSW player that is nearly untouchable in a trade is Curry. All other players and draft picks are fair game.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:07 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
shrink wrote:

Man I didn't even think about that...FUNNY!

lol wow at that... Ive never seen so many people trying to be dicks here. Trade board has REALLY fallen off lately...

You posted that basis of a deal earlier.. Whatever... It was so people knew where the idea came from. As for the rest, i was unaware GSW fans are supposed to police our other posters opinions... Rem or whoever it was can say what they want. Doesnt make it close to reality...

The generalizations here are just brutal
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,763

Post#52 » by azwfan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 am

shrink wrote:

Yet every day we have another team trying to "relieve" us of our crappy players...

I got an idea... try adding up "games missed" of those 5 players and get back to us. I bet its over 100.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:09 am

Ty for quoting hater... It all makes sense now. Turk tends to get way too exciteable sometimes..
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#54 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:
john2jer wrote:I'm coming to the belief that gswhoops is about the only Warriors fan without a drinking problem. The rest seriously have me wondering where their heads are.

Jefferson/#16/#23 for Randolph/Maggette/#5

id rather read a homer take by an individual rather than an ignorant generalization of a fan base. Posters like you make this board intolerable...

Suck it up, princess, quit whining. When the three loudest posters on this board, outside of gswhoops, are old rem, don nelson, and St Nick... It's pretty easy to come to that conclusion. You seem to be tolerating it just fine.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
BeRight32
Banned User

Post#55 » by BeRight32 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:24 am

deleted
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#56 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:35 am

BeRight -- You might want to watch the swear words in your pic addie
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
BeRight32
Banned User

Post#57 » by BeRight32 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 am

Were?
EDIT: O I see it...Ill just take it down then...thanks for catching that
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#58 » by lakerhater » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:38 am

The shut the F*** up foundation is probably what Krapinsky is referring to.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#59 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:39 am

BeRight32 wrote:This ones for you john2jer
{OFFENSIVE PICTURE}

Nah, I thought about posting that, but it's pretty tacky to rip on the mentally handicapped. I mean I suppose it's ok to rip on the mentally handicapped if you're mentally handicapped yourself, kinda like comedians ripping on their own race, but unfortunately that's not me.

Good job outing yourself, though.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#60 » by Esohny » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:41 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:
john2jer wrote:I'm coming to the belief that gswhoops is about the only Warriors fan without a drinking problem. The rest seriously have me wondering where their heads are.

Jefferson/#16/#23 for Randolph/Maggette/#5

id rather read a homer take by an individual rather than an ignorant generalization of a fan base. Posters like you make this board intolerable...

W's pass in nearly all Jefferson deals... We need a real c and he's not that. Even though the value fits, the needs dont, for either side IMO

When a generalization fits reality, how is it ignorant?
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.

Return to Trades and Transactions