Where will Markieff Morris land?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,121

Re: Where will Markieff Morris land? 

Post#41 » by Kilo » Sun Jan 3, 2016 4:01 pm

^If you treat them as the package deal by making that silly offer of a contract, then you don't go and trade one away for a distant future second round pick to free up cap space to make a desperation bid on LMA. I mean if they got LMA - where would Kieff have played anyways? So you traded away his brother in an attempt to free up cap space to then replace him in the line-up and wonder why he's a malcontent who wants to be traded? He should have been traded in the off-season.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,985

Post#42 » by Fo-Real » Sun Jan 3, 2016 4:06 pm

Stop making excuses for these idiots, what happened to Marcus (getting traded away), was his damn fault. The Suns traded for him with good intentions,, with the hope that the brother sync thing would work out. Traded for Marcus to pair with his brother and get the most out of both of them, gave them a combined 52 million dollars (Google Bright side of the Sun, Morris bros sign contract), what followed, the worst year in probably team history in technical fouls between the two of them, locker room dust ups, outright blasting of the fans in the media after blowout losses by the Morri, locker room split (had an ongoing thing going on with the Dragic brothers and others), outright disrespect and unprofessional behavior by thuggish bs and culminating with a shouting match and seemingly a challenge to fight the coach WHILE ON TV on the sideline of a Damn game, not to mention these idiots go out and assault a guy, then outright lie about it.... like two 6"8 guys beating up a guy in the hood, then drive off in a distinct black and white Bentley wouldnt be easy to figure out (not to mention the guy who got beat, KNEW THEM!!!!). Just complete and utter idiots for a good streach, AND YOU BLAME THE TEAM for deciding to trade on of them?!?! The Suns got rid of the one who they decided was the problem in hopes Kief would return to his prior form, didnt work. Both are idiots, crybabies making millions to pay basketball. Neither has done a damn thing that makes anyone side with their stupid little plight. I like the fact that Marcus found a situation that works for him, no hard feelings, but his IDIOT WAYS got him traded despite getting paid millions of dollars. You feel sorry for them but dont fault others for their stupidity.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#43 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jan 3, 2016 4:18 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Stop making excuses for these idiots, what happened to Marcus (getting traded away), was his damn fault. The Suns traded for him with good intentions,, with the hope that the brother sync thing would work out. Traded for Marcus to pair with his brother and get the most out of both of them, gave them a combined 52 million dollars (Google Bright side of the Sun, Morris bros sign contract), what followed, the worst year in probably team history in technical fouls between the two of them, locker room dust ups, outright blasting of the fans in the media after blowout losses by the Morri, locker room split (had an ongoing thing going on with the Dragic brothers and others), outright disrespect and unprofessional behavior by thuggish bs and culminating with a shouting match and seemingly a challenge to fight the coach WHILE ON TV on the sideline of a Damn game, not to mention these idiots go out and assault a guy, then outright lie about it.... like two 6"8 guys beating up a guy in the hood, then drive off in a distinct black and white Bentley wouldnt be easy to figure out (not to mention the guy who got beat, KNEW THEM!!!!). Just complete and utter idiots for a good streach, AND YOU BLAME THE TEAM for deciding to trade on of them?!?! The Suns got rid of the one who they decided was the problem in hopes Kief would return to his prior form, didnt work. Both are idiots, crybabies making millions to pay basketball. Neither has done a damn thing that makes anyone side with their stupid little plight. I like the fact that Marcus found a situation that works for him, no hard feelings, but his IDIOT WAYS got him traded despite getting paid millions of dollars. You feel sorry for them but dont fault others for their stupidity.

WOW after reading all that, Maybe they should trade him to China for a couple of old computers and bag of fire works. :o
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#44 » by hcsilla » Sun Jan 3, 2016 6:20 pm

A_dub06 wrote:
hcsilla wrote:I don't get this whole point.

So players would be scared to sign to Phoenix because if they are making multiple stupid mistakes then they have to take its consequences?

Doesn't like something that alienates anyone except headcases.

Look at the facts...

The Morris twins signed well below market value deals at the time to stay on the same team. Said team then trades one twin without even consulting which even by itself shows a lack of care and respect towards a player.

You forgot to add between these two events Marcus did vehemently bark at Hornacek and had to hold back . After that I'm not sure at all the organization does owe anything to him at all especially considering what Fo-Real also pointed-out to.

You can't honestly believe that this whole situation won't affect and if allowed to continue further damage the image of the Suns in agents eyes?

I do think that this whole Morris-saga doesn't influence Suns' image in eyes of the agents.

Extending them and basing on them was simply a mistake.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,166

Post#45 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Jan 3, 2016 7:08 pm

Isn't he still facing felony charges? Or did that get wrapped up?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,217

Post#46 » by bondom34 » Sun Jan 3, 2016 7:26 pm

tradejunkie101 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Phoenix gets Calderon for Markieff? I'm not seeing it for them.

Yeah, Galloway for Kieff sounds closer, if they're eating Calderon it should probably be Galloway and a small incentive.

Markieff is on a longer deal than Calderon. Being able to get out of his contract 2 years earlier should be incentive enough.

Except Kieff has massively more potential to be a productive player. Calderon's just not.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 657

Post#47 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun Jan 3, 2016 8:43 pm

Koufos for Kieff and a 2nd?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#48 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jan 4, 2016 1:31 am

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:Koufos for Kieff and a 2nd?

I kinda like this and I kinda don't. I really like Koufos. He's a team player, hard worker, solid producer, and his coach loves him. He wanted to come to our city and that speaks volumes to me. I don't want to trade home because of these reasons.
The good in this is that we take a risk on someone who could move the needle for us. The problem with this thinking is this needle could be moved to the horribly negative side as well as the incredibly positive side. Kieff on the Kings is either a time bomb filled with poison or confetti and happiness.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#49 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Jan 4, 2016 3:44 am

hcsilla wrote:
You forgot to add between these two events Marcus did vehemently bark at Hornacek and had to hold back . After that I'm not sure at all the organization does owe anything to him at all especially considering what Fo-Real also pointed-out to.

:lol: This sort of thinking is exactly PHX sort of thinking and the reason for the sh* show.

Lets get one thing straight, we are discussing 2 different things here.

1st is Mooks departure.

Its unprofessional. PHX is going back on their word because Mook is being the person he is. Even if Mook was the one being "unprofessional" first, its not a automatic excuse for the FO to be unprofessional and go back on it. This continues to sound like "but he hit me first" narrative which is childish especially in realm of business.

2nd is Kieffs lack of departure

I get wanting to be better, i get need to trade distractions or disrespectful players, and i get nothing was in writing. What i don't get is "seeing all the evidence right in front" that Morris brothers want to play togehter, and thinking that if we trade one, the other one won't care..............................PHX was asking for it at that point. Furthermore they waited to trade him in the hope that he'd come around. Well he didn't, and now PHX is getting even less value than they did(PHX used to be demanding a first and now other teams are demanding a first to take him). Which i am sure there is a thread about.

If there was a understanding with the morris brothers, PHX f* up by completely blowing it off as non important. Obviously its biting them in the butt. If PHX didn't want any of that attitude, don't sign them in the first place. You can't blame a player for being who he is.

Also tangent: SVG said mook is one of his top favorite players to coach of all time.............ironic being that he almost killed his last coach. You combine that with mooks success, the narrative that "maybe its just bad in phx" starts to pick up pace. I think its more a product of Hornecks learning curve for coaching (which he obviously can do) combined with the FO's ineptitude regarding certain instances. You combine that with losing ,injuries, and lockeroom problems, its a forumla for disaster.
tradejunkie101
Junior
And1: 47

Post#50 » by tradejunkie101 » Mon Jan 4, 2016 4:01 am

bondom34 wrote:
tradejunkie101 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Yeah, Galloway for Kieff sounds closer, if they're eating Calderon it should probably be Galloway and a small incentive.

Markieff is on a longer deal than Calderon. Being able to get out of his contract 2 years earlier should be incentive enough.

Except Kieff has massively more potential to be a productive player. Calderon's just not.

I don't even think that matters at this point. Phoenix can't just turn their heads at Calderon when its January already and Markieff is still on the team. If he still hasn't been traded then the deals on the table must be asking for some kind of incentive in return, which is a tough pill to swallow if you're Phoenix. Not tougher than stretching him, though.
2016 Trade Deadline Predictions

CHI-TOR: Gibson/Bairstow for Scola/Johnson/Bennett/2016 Raps 1st
NOP-TOR: Anderson/Perkins for Scola/Johnson/Bennett/2016 Raps 1st
PHX-DET: Keef for Meeks, 2016 Det 1st
PHX-LAC: Tucker for Lance/Wilcox/2016 Nets 2nd
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,217

Post#51 » by bondom34 » Mon Jan 4, 2016 5:22 am

tradejunkie101 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
tradejunkie101 wrote:

I don't even think that matters at this point. Phoenix can't just turn their heads at Calderon when its January already and Markieff is still on the team. If he still hasn't been traded then the deals on the table must be asking for some kind of incentive in return, which is a tough pill to swallow if you're Phoenix. Not tougher than stretching him, though.

Two things:

1. I think they can get better than Calderon.

2. If that's the offers they get, they'll keep him, they have so far.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,985

Post#52 » by Fo-Real » Mon Jan 4, 2016 2:34 pm

The Suns either have a semi lined up trade in place on Jan the 15th, or are just outside of reality. Kief has also patiently and quietly sat in wait also, witch makes me lean to the aligned deal. If they have not traded him for nothing at this point, what makes us think now is the time for the kneejerk?

Return to Trades and Transactions