MN-GSW draft day

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

BeRight32
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: MN-GSW draft day 

Post#61 » by BeRight32 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:41 am

john2jer wrote:
BeRight32 wrote:This ones for you john2jer
{OFFENSIVE PICTURE}

Nah, I thought about posting that, but it's pretty tacky to rip on the mentally handicapped. I mean I suppose it's ok to rip on the mentally handicapped if you're mentally handicapped yourself, kinda like comedians ripping on their own race, but unfortunately that's not me.

Good job outing yourself, though.

I really dont feel like picking on disabled 14 year olds today, sorry
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#62 » by BW32 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:45 am

I wonder if Al Jefferson knows how many internet fights he causes, it must haunt him.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#63 » by lakerhater » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:46 am

john2jer wrote:
{OFFENSIVE PICTURE}

Nah, I thought about posting that, but it's pretty tacky to rip on the mentally handicapped. I mean I suppose it's ok to rip on the mentally handicapped if you're mentally handicapped yourself, kinda like comedians ripping on their own race, but unfortunately that's not me.

It crossed your mind to post it so I guess you're a horrible person as well, just like Barack Obama when he made fun of the special olympics on Leno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOBTUCv4o0

How about everyone quits the bickering at each other and stays focused on analyzing basketball. That's too much to ask on realgm, as always.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#64 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:46 am

BeRight32 wrote:
john2jer wrote:
{OFFENSIVE PICTURE}

I really dont feel like picking on disabled 14 year olds today, sorry

So what you're saying is that it's something you normally do? Just not today? Kinda fits what I said above, doesn't it? Good job.

I've also noticed a pattern when someone mentions a specific age, and not an age group, it's because they would fit in that age group, but not quite as young as the specific age mentioned. So you're 15? 16? Not that it's important, just a tad funny, and wanted to confirm. Not that you'll be honest. :roll:

Anyways, this has been fun.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#65 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:47 am

shrink wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote: Shrinks deal of AR, Maggs, BW for Al seems ok value to me

Just wanted to clarify that this is not my deal.

I will say that I roll my eyes when, regardless of age, injury or whatever other excuses you want to make, I see a team that loses nearly 60 games call FIVE PLAYERS "nearly untouchable."

You don't see that in the other fanbases, and I saw no one from GSW contradict this position. With so many nearly untouchable players, maybe the trade board is the wrong place for happy posting, and you'd be happier on Player Comparisons or better yet, on the GSW board, reinforcing your own high opinions?

Nearly untouchable is ridiculous. To our FO, Curry is the only guy they'd deem off limits. Guys like Randolph, Morrow and Biedrins our fans just really like and want them to be here to succeed, so over valued by the fan base somewhat.

I see a team that loses nearly 60 games

As a GS fan that hangs out way too much on realgm, it's hard to have to try and explain what happened to GS this season each time someone says these sorts of things. GS had one of the most injury riddled seasons EVER in the history of the NBA. It got so bad that we almost played an entire quarter with 4 players in the final game of the season. Seriously, go look it up and the amount of games missed is astonishing. The D league got so much business from us they are probably looking at a major sponsorship deal with us. Part of it is due to our ridiculous coaching and medical staff, which all suck. We also had the Jax situation, which stuffed us around big time. The teams looking to be sold. Nellie, well, just can't coach for **** anymore. Over the hill is a gross UNDERSTATEMENT. All excuses, yes, but VALID reasons as to why we sucked. All of these factors all added up to one depressing year for fans and players.

This does not mean the players suck, and should be undervalued. If your not taking into account the Warriors situation when trying to make trade offers then expect to get a fierce argument back. We LOVE our players and dispise our front office and coaches. We value them more than other teams because we fully understand how dicked around they have all gotten and would be better than advertised with a better management structure in place. So when someone comes at me with "Your team only won 20 games so your players suck!", what do you expect me to say?

I think I should save this as a draft for future reference.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#66 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 am

lakerhater wrote:
john2jer wrote:
{OFFENSIVE PICTURE}

It crossed your mind to post it so I guess you're a horrible person as well, just like Barack Obama when he made fun of the special olympics on Leno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOBTUCv4o0

How about everyone quits the bickering at each other and stays focused on analyzing basketball. That's too much to ask on realgm, as always.

Well, if the definition of horrible or not horrible includes what crosses our mind, aren't we all going to hell?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
BeRight32
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#67 » by BeRight32 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:50 am

You won the race congrats...

YOU WIN A SPOT ON MY IGNORE LIST

Grats Bro 8-)

Oh and about this trade...Id never touch it
john2jer
RealGM

Post#68 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:55 am

Coxy wrote:
shrink wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote: Shrinks deal of AR, Maggs, BW for Al seems ok value to me

I will say that I roll my eyes when, regardless of age, injury or whatever other excuses you want to make, I see a team that loses nearly 60 games call FIVE PLAYERS "nearly untouchable."

You don't see that in the other fanbases, and I saw no one from GSW contradict this position. With so many nearly untouchable players, maybe the trade board is the wrong place for happy posting, and you'd be happier on Player Comparisons or better yet, on the GSW board, reinforcing your own high opinions?

Nearly untouchable is ridiculous. To our FO, Curry is the only guy they'd deem off limits. Guys like Randolph, Morrow and Biedrins our fans just really like and want them to be here to succeed, so over valued by the fan base somewhat.

I see a team that loses nearly 60 games

As a GS fan that hangs out way too much on realgm, it's hard to have to try and explain what happened to GS this season each time someone says these sorts of things. GS had one of the most injury riddled seasons EVER in the history of the NBA. It got so bad that we almost played an entire quarter with 4 players in the final game of the season. Seriously, go look it up and the amount of games missed is astonishing. The D league got so much business from us they are probably looking at a major sponsorship deal with us. Part of it is due to our ridiculous coaching and medical staff, which all suck. We also had the Jax situation, which stuffed us around big time. The teams looking to be sold. Nellie, well, just can't coach for **** anymore. Over the hill is a gross UNDERSTATEMENT. All excuses, yes, but VALID reasons as to why we sucked. All of these factors all added up to one depressing year for fans and players.

This does not mean the players suck, and should be undervalued. If your not taking into account the Warriors situation when trying to make trade offers then expect to get a fierce argument back. We LOVE our players and dispise our front office and coaches. We value them more than other teams because we fully understand how dicked around they have all gotten and would be better than advertised with a better management structure in place. So when someone comes at me with "Your team only won 20 games so your players suck!", what do you expect me to say?

I think I should save this as a draft for future reference.

Whoa, gotta say this post is pretty much dead on and well said. Great take.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#69 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:57 am

BeRight32 wrote:You won the race congrats...

YOU WIN A SPOT ON MY IGNORE LIST

Grats Bro 8-)

Oh and about this trade...Id never touch it

I feel we should celebrate. Root beer for everyone?
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#70 » by lakerhater » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 am

Flame wars suck and are a waste of brain power.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#71 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 am

john2jer wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:
john2jer wrote:I'm coming to the belief that gswhoops is about the only Warriors fan without a drinking problem. The rest seriously have me wondering where their heads are.

Jefferson/#16/#23 for Randolph/Maggette/#5

id rather read a homer take by an individual rather than an ignorant generalization of a fan base. Posters like you make this board intolerable...

Suck it up, princess, quit whining. When the three loudest posters on this board, outside of gswhoops, are old rem, don nelson, and St Nick... It's pretty easy to come to that conclusion. You seem to be tolerating it just fine.

Are you kidding? Thats the top 3 in my ignore/constant mocking for terrible takes list...

Its like me saying that Minnesota fans are generalizing pricks... based on 2 frequent posters. It's flat out ignorant, that's all. The whole suck it up argument works both ways, especially since you are firing the shots.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#72 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:13 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa... There are kids on this board, that's why I said root beer. We can't be doing shots! This is a family place.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#73 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:23 am

Coxy wrote: We LOVE our players and dispise our front office and coaches.

Therein lies the problem... W's fans refuse to place any blame on the players, instead choosing to blame Don Nelson for AB not being to shoot a FT, Monta not being a PG, AR not understanding the NBA game immediately, etc etc.

Then those same people who've convinced themselves that our coach is the problem and we'd be winning 50 games without him come to the board and use that slanted, homerish value as actual value here.

Personally, I love our coach. He's rebuilding us fine. Most of our players I'm growing to resent because dumbasses on our GSW forum refuse to let them accept responsibility for anything... I remember the days when it was Nellie's fault that BW was so skinny, that Ellis didnt have supervision when he rode a moped, that AR was Amar'e on offense and KG on defense and that Nellie was holding him back...

That said, the rest of your post is spot on
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#74 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:32 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:

Therein lies the problem... W's fans refuse to place any blame on the players, instead choosing to blame Don Nelson for AB not being to shoot a FT, Monta not being a PG, AR not understanding the NBA game immediately, etc etc.

Then those same people who've convinced themselves that our coach is the problem and we'd be winning 50 games without him come to the board and use that slanted, homerish value as actual value here.

Personally, I love our coach. He's rebuilding us fine. Most of our players I'm growing to resent because dumbasses on our GSW forum refuse to let them accept responsibility for anything... I remember the days when it was Nellie's fault that BW was so skinny, that Ellis didnt have supervision when he rode a moped, that AR was Amar'e on offense and KG on defense and that Nellie was holding him back...

That said, the rest of your post is spot on

Your right, Nellie is rebuilding us nicely, thats why he should be GM, not coach.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#75 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 am

I like a lot of the Warriors players too, and I think they can point to a team like OKC and show how easy it is to turn things around with young talent. However, the OKC roster is balanced and makes a lot of sense. The warriors have an undersized backcourt, a thin front court, and too many me first players. That's not a recipie for success in the short term or the long term, so imo, it makes sense to trade players sooner rather than later. Sometimes the longer you hold on to young players their value goes up (Noah, Gasol), but on average such players never realize their perceived value (Conley, Fernandez, Webster, Bayless, Foye, McCants, Hawes, Amir Johnson, Stuckey, Outlaw, Thad Young, Marvin Williams, Ronnie Brewer, Al thonrton, etc., etc.).
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#76 » by lakerhater » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:40 am

Krapinsky wrote:I like a lot of the Warriors players too, and I think they can point to a team like OKC and show how easy it is to turn things around with young talent. However, the OKC roster is balanced and makes a lot of sense. The warriors have an undersized backcourt, a thin front court, and too many me first players. That's not a recipie for success in the short term or the long term, so imo, it makes sense to trade players sooner rather than later. Sometimes the longer you hold on to young players their value goes up (Noah, Gasol), but on average such players never realize their perceived value (Conley, Fernandez, Webster, Bayless, Foye, McCants, Hawes, Amir Johnson, Stuckey, Outlaw, Thad Young, Marvin Williams, Ronnie Brewer, Al thonrton, etc., etc.).

You can't really put Wright or Randolph on either list at this point. They were both too young and too injured this season to draw conclusions. That's why GSW shouldn't deal either one until they let each other fight it out in training camp.

After one player or the other establishes himself as the clear cut winner in head to head competition then I have no problem trading the loser although it'd have to be a deal that helps address GSW team needs which are unclear until the draft occurs.

Their pick will dictate how other moves will be used to create a more balanced roster which you've alluded to. My hangup is letting go of the young PFs before next season's training camp. If GSW does make a draft day deal where one or both of the young PFs are dealt then I think there's a good chance it'll be seen as a panic move in the long run.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#77 » by turk3d » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:24 am

shrink wrote:

I preceded this with "unless someone knocks our socks off with a great deal". Most of these deals suck. I guess you just like to quote the parts you like to quote. That was me that said this, no other Warrior fans to my knowledge. Truth is, make us a really good offer and you can have any of guys more than likely. It's just that Minny doesn't have all that much to offer. Guys like Love and AJ (although good players) just are bad fits (when we already have Randolph and Wright who we are hoping turn out to be gems). Add to that the possibility that we may get Cousins, Favors or Monroe with our pick, and those two players seem even less appealing.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,094

Post#78 » by shangrila » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 am

I think that's the main point. Minnesota and Golden State are just too different to be compatible trade partners.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,281

Post#79 » by shrink » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:27 am

I know my response to that extreme statement was provocative, but I think there were a number of realistic statements to come out of it.

Coxy wrote:Nearly untouchable is ridiculous. To our FO, Curry is the only guy they'd deem off limits. Guys like Randolph, Morrow and Biedrins our fans just really like and want them to be here to succeed, so over valued by the fan base somewhat.

I think Coxy has a very reasonable position here.

FireNellieQuick wrote:

Liked this too. Players have price tags in an NBA market, and they aren't based on the individual poster's most optimistic view of what they could possibly become. How they perform in the NBA -- as a whole -- is a greater factor than wishful thinking. I agree that the fans make too many excuses, then want full - or greater than full -- trade value for the most optimistic, not most likely, production a trade partner could expect.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,281

Post#80 » by shrink » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 am

turk3d wrote:
shrink wrote: I will say that I roll my eyes when, regardless of age, injury or whatever other excuses you want to make, I see a team that loses nearly 60 games call FIVE PLAYERS "nearly untouchable."

I preceded this with "unless someone knocks our socks off with a great deal". Most of these deals suck. I guess you just like to quote the parts you like to quote.

You complain that your words "unless someone knocks our socks off with a great deal" isn't the same as you choosing the category "nearly untouchable?" "Knock your socks off" doesn't make it NEARLY untouchable?

I can't think of any poster from a near 60 loss team that would put five players in that category - particularly posters that frequent the trade board. Can you?

Return to Trades and Transactions