Trade offers for Darius Garland?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 393

Re: Trade offers for Darius Garland? 

Post#81 » by Euphonetiks » Thu May 16, 2024 5:32 pm

mademan wrote:Garland has 4 more years under contract after this year and Ingram has 1. There's a decent gap in their value based on that alone

Lakers 2025 1st + Dyson Daniels is what it would take, imo, to close that gap. That's a lot of years of control

Ingram can be extended before a trade.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,742

Post#82 » by mademan » Thu May 16, 2024 5:32 pm

psman2 wrote:
mademan wrote:Garland has 4 more years under contract after this year and Ingram has 1. There's a decent gap in their value based on that alone

Lakers 2025 1st + Dyson Daniels is what it would take, imo, to close that gap. That's a lot of years of control

If that is the cost then DJM for likely half that value on a cheaper contract would be the much preferred trade target. Garland would have to rebuild his value quite a bit for team to make that kind of offer right now, and that is not likely to happen next to Mitchell.

Im a big fan of DJM for Ingram straight up. I think it's one of the more obvious trades out there that fixes a lot of fit issues for both teams
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,800

Post#83 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:32 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
DowJones wrote:I agree with this. Would Garland for Ingram straight up work? Would Pelicans fans rather have Trae, DJM, or Garland for Ingram?

If it is essentially a 1 for 1 Ingram trade, I prefer DJM because we don't have to figure out a way to hide him on defense in a post-season setting. He can play with CJ this year and his contract gives us breathing room to take back salary on a future CJ trade.

Where things change is if Mitchell wants to extend with Cleveland and demands that Cleveland keep Allen, I would be interested in a Garland + Mobley for Ingram + Herb + draft capital trade. But I don't think Cleveland fans have any interest in moving Mobley.

That is a legitimately hilarious offer for both Garland and Mobley.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,622

Post#84 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:34 pm

eitanr wrote:Ivey and 5th pick for Garland
-Cavs save some cap and could even have their cake and it eat it too IF James wants to come back as an FA. They also have a backup rebuil contingency

Not even close and Ivey is a TERRIBLE fit with Mitchell.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,695

Post#85 » by Wolveswin » Thu May 16, 2024 5:34 pm

I think this 4 teamer makes everyone whole…

To Hawks: Daniels + Strus + 25 Lakers 1st (via Pels)

To Pels: Allen + Murray + Griffin

To Wolves: Garland + LNJ

To Cavs: Towns + Ingram + Moore Jr

If Towns = Garland…Wolves and Cavs are made whole.

Allen + Strus = Ingram for Cavs?

Hawks get Daniels + Strus + pick for Murray.

Mobley
Towns
Ingram
LeVert | Okoro?
Mitchell

Gobert
Reid
McDaniels
Edwards
Garland | Conley

Capela | Okongwu
Hunter or Okongwu
JJ | Hunter
Strus | Daniels
Trae

Allen
Zion
Murphy | Herb
McCollum
Murray
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 393

Post#86 » by Euphonetiks » Thu May 16, 2024 5:39 pm

Slim Charless wrote:It's true though, prior to DM getting there Garland was 1 of the league's best young PGs. My guess is he'll go right back to that once he's the lead ball handler for another team.

Garland had a freak injury of a broken jaw, which it took him awhile to rebound from, BI has had constant nagging injuries almost every year. If he wasn't playing with Zion, more would be made of his never ending unavailability. Garland is younger and while neither are good defenders, at least Garland is short....what's BI's excuse for being terrible on D? When he's like 6'9 with a huge wingspan.

I have it as a big gap between the two. I think Pels would need to offer both Dyson and #17. That said, the fit makes no sense with CJ another short guard.

Garland has 1 good season under his belt where he had the keys to the offense. Who is handing him the keys to an offense and giving up lots of assets to do so?

As to defense, Ingram is not a terrible defender. He is not someone you have to necessarily hide like Garland. Ingram is a better defender than Garland while playing with 3 average-bad defenders in CJ, Zion, and Jonas. The point you are trying to make about "Garland's small, what's Ingram excuse?" cuts a lot more against Garland. Ingram carries a big offensive load and conserves energy on defense. Garland is an inherent defensive liability due to his size. No amount of effort will change that.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 303

Post#87 » by eitanr » Thu May 16, 2024 5:55 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
-Cavs save some cap and could even have their cake and it eat it too IF James wants to come back as an FA. They also have a backup rebuil contingency

I'd be wary of taking on Garland if I am someone else. The comparisons to a young D-lo are interesting and concerning. Does he need to be your highest usage rate guy to be effective? I don't love that he was not effective playing off Mitchell. His trajectory feels like Kemba Walker.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,512

Post#88 » by Chinook » Thu May 16, 2024 6:01 pm

Obviously, Vassell isn't an option here. No reason to compare them or talk about value. It doesn't matter if you're personally low on him. That dog just isn't going to hunt. If Devin isn't the future second option, he's projected to be the future third option. They aren't tossing him in these types of deals. Not Garland, Dejounte, Markkanen or Bridges. I'd even say not Young or Mitchell. That dog is staying in his kennel.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,981

Post#89 » by K_chile22 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:19 pm

Fred and Tari with some sweetener is my offer. Obviously below some of the offers here but those seem kinda crazy to me. Can trade Allen too and have
FVV/Mitchell/Strauss/Tari/Mobley plus what they get for Allen which is pretty good
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,986

Post#90 » by Skybox » Thu May 16, 2024 6:24 pm

mademan wrote:
psman2 wrote:

If that is the cost then DJM for likely half that value on a cheaper contract would be the much preferred trade target. Garland would have to rebuild his value quite a bit for team to make that kind of offer right now, and that is not likely to happen next to Mitchell.

Im a big fan of DJM for Ingram straight up. I think it's one of the more obvious trades out there that fixes a lot of fit issues for both teams

as much as I crave DJM to ORL, I have to agree with the sense of that trade...maybe ORL creeps in for CJ for DEN 25 frp and all of the cap space.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,149

Post#91 » by daoneandonly » Thu May 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Skybox wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
DowJones wrote:
There is just no reason for Orlando to be in this deal. Allen is a really good player. You don't trade that for Jett Howard and a pair of low first round picks when you are trying to compete. If the Cavs were looking to blow it up, ok, but they aren't.

Afreed. How in the world can NO dump CJ and get positive value back?

Are you saying ORL is overpaying NOLA and just taking CJ's salary is enough?

More saying no one should take CJ without the Pels coughing up value to do so. Neither Lou WIlliams nor Jamal Crawford ever had the contract CJ currently has, and they are essentially birds of a feather
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 951

Post#92 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu May 16, 2024 6:36 pm

What do we think about Dennis and Bridges for Garland.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,986

Post#93 » by Skybox » Thu May 16, 2024 6:41 pm

I think Garland would be fantastic on ORL. He'll never be a Mitchell-level Alpha, but Paolo's that. He'll never be a lockdown defender, but Suggs would be right next to him. Garland's really good but getting too much money...ORL's got the cap space to make a bold move THIS summer and then pray they got the right mix - because it's going to get expensive. Maybe on young ORL, he'd find his comfort level and blossom.

Problem is, that doesn't leave a lot for ORL to trade to a team expecting to maintain playoff relevance. ORL could send picks and salary, etc to a third team but probably not a direct swap I can see. (Franz also not in play here).

CLE sends: Garland
CLE gets: Jerami Grant, Cole Anthony, DEN 25 frp, ORL 27 frp

POR sends: Jerami Grant
POR gets: ORL 25 frp, tons of cap space

ORL sends: Cole Anthony, ORL 25 & 27 frps, DEN 25 frp, tons of cap space
ORL gets: Garland

*As I look at the ORL offer, I'd prefer to get Dejounte Murray for it...lower salary, bigger guy, better defender
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,800

Post#94 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:42 pm

eitanr wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I'd be wary of taking on Garland if I am someone else. The comparisons to a young D-lo are interesting and concerning. Does he need to be your highest usage rate guy to be effective? I don't love that he was not effective playing off Mitchell. His trajectory feels like Kemba Walker.

Curious that you want your team to trade for him then.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 5,022

Post#95 » by psman2 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:48 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

I do think this is close in reality on Cleveland's side. I think #5 can be rerouted for Ingram and then Ivey is sold of for the best SG/SF or pick then we are in the value ballpark.

NO take then shops for a 4th team or maybe just keeps 5, dumps CJ on Orlando for cap and operate under the cap. Some 45m or so and the room exception is not a bad route for them. Go after Claxton and Bridges maybe? Or still trade for DJM using cap space relief as a added sweeter to Atlanta? 8m room exception likely get a rotation player too. Lots of options.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 980

Post#96 » by docholliday99 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:49 pm

Garland was on a solid trajectory pre Mitchell, an easy deal I read on Sporting News makes a lot of sense for both teams - Johnson, #8 and a protected 2026 frp for Garland, balances both teams.

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/news/darius-garland-spurs-trade-rumor-victor-wembanyama-point-guard/970eaf6d6569f719dc89e480
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,594

Post#97 » by Colbinii » Thu May 16, 2024 7:16 pm

I would offer Conley + Reid + Miller/Minott
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,697

Post#98 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 16, 2024 7:18 pm

Colbinii wrote:I would offer Conley + Reid + Miller/Minott

you can't aggregate salary
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,594

Post#99 » by Colbinii » Thu May 16, 2024 7:18 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Colbinii wrote:I would offer Conley + Reid + Miller/Minott

you can't aggregate salary

That's why I'm drunk in Italy and not a GM :lol:
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 376

Post#100 » by Xman » Thu May 16, 2024 7:22 pm

[quote="K_chile22"]Fred and Tari with some sweetener is my offer. Obviously below some of the offers here but those seem kinda crazy to me. Can trade Allen too and have
FVV/Mitchell/Strauss/Tari/Mobley plus what they get for Allen which is pretty good[/quote]

Rather give 3 than tari.

Fred, Tate, #3
For garland and filler (LeVert Niang)

Return to Trades and Transactions