Andrew Bynum for Tony Parker

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ClipperEric
Rookie
And1: 5

Andrew Bynum for Tony Parker 

Post#1 » by ClipperEric » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:47 pm

Straight Up.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Andrew Bynum for Tony Parker 

Post#2 » by LApwnd » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:50 pm

HELLZ NO!
frozt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,282

Post#3 » by frozt » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:57 pm

Doubt it would happen, but it is an interesting thought, and I would do it as a Laker fan.
Resident band wagon vigilante.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,557

Post#4 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Apr 5, 2010 7:02 pm

I think SA would have to sweaten the deal. Maybe the rights of Tiago Splitter could be dealt too
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#5 » by LApwnd » Mon Apr 5, 2010 7:12 pm

frozt wrote:Doubt it would happen, but it is an interesting thought, and I would do it as a Laker fan.

why? You dont trade with contender and giving SA Bynum just further their window for a ring, with Hill emermgence they can easily find a backup PG while we would have a hard time finding a good backup C.
ClipperEric
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#6 » by ClipperEric » Mon Apr 5, 2010 8:11 pm

Lakers are heavy on big men and light at PG. Spurs now have George Hill but no dominant big man to help out Duncan. The salaries are about the same (with Bynum a little longer and rising.) Both have had injuries lately.

I know they're rivals and it'll probably never happen, just thinking about fair value and fitting pieces together.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#7 » by LApwnd » Mon Apr 5, 2010 8:17 pm

ClipperEric wrote:Lakers are heavy on big men and light at PG. Spurs now have George Hill but no dominant big man to help out Duncan. The salaries are about the same (with Bynum a little longer and rising.) Both have had injuries lately.

I know they're rivals and it'll probably never happen, just thinking about fair value and fitting pieces together.

I have to disagree, value is no where near the same, you CANT build a team around Parker at his age (not old) but his peak came last year and even that wasn't enough to carry the team past the 1st rd...Bynum might be injury prone but he is someone you can at least have the potential to build around and if he could've been dealt for a guy like Bosh, who is another big and in the east why would we settle for Parker and give SA more opportunities now and in the future for a ring? LA does not have a surplus of bigs, you think Powe/DJ are of much use? Powell wouldn't even make a Dleague squad right now and DJ is just good for challenging shots, guy is lucky to be in the league.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#8 » by microfib4thewin » Mon Apr 5, 2010 10:05 pm

I'd do it. Kobe can't get to the paint like he used to, and as much as Artest always give his all he's not fast enough to consistently break down the defense.

LApwnd wrote:I have to disagree, value is no where near the same, you CANT build a team around Parker at his age (not old) but his peak came last year and even that wasn't enough to carry the team past the 1st rd...Bynum might be injury prone but he is someone you can at least have the potential to build around and if he could've been dealt for a guy like Bosh, who is another big and in the east why would we settle for Parker and give SA more opportunities now and in the future for a ring? LA does not have a surplus of bigs, you think Powe/DJ are of much use? Powell wouldn't even make a Dleague squad right now and DJ is just good for challenging shots, guy is lucky to be in the league.

Except we are not getting Bosh. The selling of this year's pick, sending Mihm to Memphis to save a mil, the excruciating negotiation for Odom's new deal, not trading expirings for Hinrich, all of that points to Buss not willing to spend more if he doesn't have to. Parker expires next year, so even if he doesn't perform up to expectation it won't be a huge financial hit, but with Bosh we are looking at 130 mil in the next 6 years, call me crazy but I think that's something Buss would like to pass on.
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#9 » by Relentless88 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 10:19 pm

Could be a good deal for both sides.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#10 » by 9abovetherim » Mon Apr 5, 2010 11:01 pm

Bad trade for the lakers
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#11 » by Jimmy76 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 11:13 pm

i dont know how parker would fit into the triangle
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#12 » by NetsForce » Mon Apr 5, 2010 11:16 pm

They don't really run the triangle... But I think the real problem would be the Lakers lack of perimeter (especially from distance) shooting with Parker running the point.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#13 » by LApwnd » Mon Apr 5, 2010 11:47 pm

NetsForce wrote:They don't really run the triangle... But I think the real problem would be the Lakers lack of perimeter (especially from distance) shooting with Parker running the point.

that and the fact SA becomes a top 3 team again in the West, with RJ expiring they can package him off and get another big time player....Duncan at 34 is still better then most bigs now, not every night but sun games obviously shows he's still got it when he on.
Zarko
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#14 » by Zarko » Mon Apr 5, 2010 11:52 pm

Good trade for both sides... but Parker in a Laker uniform makes me cringe.
The iL MaGo Era BEGINS

Return to Trades and Transactions