TOR-NO-HOU

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

cheolee
Junior
And1: 84

TOR-NO-HOU 

Post#1 » by cheolee » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Houston out: Brooks, Battier, Jeffries, NY 2011 swap pick, NY 2012 pick
Houston in: Paul, Posey

N.O. out: Paul, Okafor, Posey
N.O. in: Bosh, Battier, NY 2012 pick, Jack

Tor out: Bosh, Jack
Tor in: Brooks, Okafor, Jeffries, NY 2011 swap pick

For N.O. they have a stud PG in Collison who is on a rookie contract (he's been averaging something ridiculous as a starter, and he's only a ROOKIE!). That being said, Paul is a top 5 player in the league and you almost never trade away someone of that caliber when they are in their prime BUT getting back Bosh, who is a top 10 player with potential to get better, might convince NO's management. If that was not enough, getting rid of two cap-killing contracts in Okafor and Posey would be a co-perk. They can field a very competetive team with:

Bosh/Draft pick
West/Wright
Battier/Peja
Thorton/Peterson
Collison/Jack

For Toronto, they get Brooks and Okafor as main pieces. Okafor is a better fit next to Bargnani and Brooks has proven that he can be a consistant 20ppg scoring option even when opposing team defenses key-in on him. Their current team is boderline playoff material, so they rebuild with youth and draft picks.

Okafor
Bargnani
Hedo
Derozan/Belinelli
Brooks/Calderon

For the Rox, they get a chance to attain a top 5 player in the game when healthy without gutting their core. They would be losing Brooks but who can argue when they're getting back a much better player?

Yao/draft pick/Hayes
Scola/Hill
Ariza/Chase
Martin/Posey/Taylor
Paul/Lowry

I tried to accommodate to each team's needs.

Thoughts?
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Re: TOR-NO-HOU 

Post#2 » by red96 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Oh man.... Our PG rotation isnt a problem, CP is injured alot and I love Aaron Brooks but I'd still probably do this trade. I think Houston would have to do it. That is if Battier, Jeffries, NY 2011 swap pick, and NY 2012 pick couldn't get Bosh. IMO CP3 > CB4 but if we could get Bosh without giving up a core player I'd roll with that. If not, this trade would also be great for HOU.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#3 » by N.O.R.E. » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Bosh isn't a C and wouldn't agree to sign in New Orleans without Chris Paul, not to mention he's a terrible fit with David West. The Rox do this in a heartbeat, as would the Raps. I actually think the Raps get a little bit too much.
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#4 » by Relentless88 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm

This is pretty terrible for New Orleans. Paul has more value, and I agree with NORE. Why would Bosh go to New Orleans when there is NO Chris Paul.

Return to Trades and Transactions