MIL / TOR

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

MIL / TOR 

Post#1 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri May 20, 2011 12:43 am

Jennings for the #5 pick.

Seemed as though Jennings had a rough year. Maybe him and Skiles dont mesh incredibly well. If Mil likes either Knight or Walker better then him, and they are available at #5, might work out well. Tor pairs Jennings with Derozan for the Cali backcourt and Jennings could sparkle in TO.
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,882

Re: MIL / TOR 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 20, 2011 12:54 am

I don't like Walker/Knight or any of the Euros more then Jennings so I'd say no but I'm guessing you could find people who would say yes.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,196

Post#3 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri May 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Hell **** no from Toronto! Jennings is a terrible chucker who is hot trash, The guy just likes to play for himself and is no damn PG. He's undersized SG who would make us play DeRozan out of position.

Anybody who is rumored/mocked at #5 are better fits then Jennings!
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#4 » by BringBackKorver » Fri May 20, 2011 8:06 pm

That's a little harsh. The kid has talent, and he's still young. He also really didn't have any help in the ball handling / creating department. Pair him with a solid 2 guard and put more around him and I think his efficiency improves a good deal.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri May 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Toronto wouldn't take on Jennings here in the 1st place we would have Calderon/Jennings/Bayless all at the point and that would be bad. Bayless deserves mins and so does Calderon (with his salary) so why does Toronto trade their pick for a guy who under preformed last year and is a bad fit? The guy is a shoot first pass 2nd guy he reminds me a better more athletic Lou Williams.

Say the 76ers had #5 would you move it for Jennings when you have Iggy/Turner as your SG. If so then I will gladly give you #5 and Klazia for Teague.
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by BringBackKorver » Fri May 20, 2011 9:00 pm

All I said is that you were being a bit harsh on your assessment of Jennings. I didn't say you should trade for him...The reason we don't need Jennings is Jrue Holiday. If we didn't have a PG I'd be happy to have him.

And clearly I couldn't make that deal you proposed, as Teague is on the Hawks.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#7 » by blkout » Fri May 20, 2011 9:28 pm

I'd do it
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#8 » by bboyskinnylegs » Fri May 20, 2011 9:59 pm

I'd pass for the Raps. Bayless looked better for us when given the opportunity to start, and at 5 I'd much rather have Kanter/Biyombo/Knight, or perhaps try dealing the pick for a young SF.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#9 » by Jajwanda » Sat May 21, 2011 7:01 pm

So Jennings value is what a little lowered than it was when he was drafted? I figure that if the Clippers for about 12m sold their first round pick that was to be the 8th or so overall pick, the Bucks would be willing to trade Jennings for somewhere in the range of 15-20m in savings correct?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat May 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Sorry BringBackKorver, meant Jrue not Teague, yeah I don't think Jennings has value for Toronto for a #5 swap unless were dumping Jose that would be the only thing.

We don't have a strong defensive minded PG to play with Jennings and DeRozan is not a 3 so that would be a bad idea. Jennings isn't a PG he has playmaking ability but his assist to turnover ratio is very suspect. I would rather have Bayless/Calderon at the PG and whoever we draft at #5 going forward.
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Post#11 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Sun May 22, 2011 4:45 am

First off, Jennings is a talent. Hes had some amazing games. If this had been proposed after his rookie year, Bucks fans wouldve probably laughed it off. He was injured, and is in a terrible system for what he does.

Toronto is close to a perfect fit for him. He can run, he can have the ball, he can make a couple mistakes, and I think he would bring out the best in Demar.

What about

Bargnani
Bayless

Jennings
Bogut
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by BringBackKorver » Sun May 22, 2011 4:57 am

xbl_sucks wrote:Sorry BringBackKorver, meant Jrue not Teague, yeah I don't think Jennings has value for Toronto for a #5 swap unless were dumping Jose that would be the only thing.

We don't have a strong defensive minded PG to play with Jennings and DeRozan is not a 3 so that would be a bad idea. Jennings isn't a PG he has playmaking ability but his assist to turnover ratio is very suspect. I would rather have Bayless/Calderon at the PG and whoever we draft at #5 going forward.

Yeah I figured it out, just had to get my shot in :)

I think that's fair. Jennings is going to take a specific tandem at the 2-3 to optimize his talent, and you guys don't have it. If we didn't have Jrue, I think Jennings would go great with a guy like Iguodala. He just needs some help to take the pressure off so he doesn't get forced into too many bonehead plays.

I really like Bayless, and I think I'm one of the only Calderon fans left alive, so I agree that you guys need to do something with #5 that will fit better. I've been picturing Vesely making it to 5 and you guys rolling him out there with Davis and Bargnani to make a giant goofy front court.
5th pick sucks
Veteran

Post#13 » by 5th pick sucks » Sun May 22, 2011 6:09 am

Toronto fans :lol: Jennings >>> Calderon, Bayless, 5th pick
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#14 » by trwi7 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:08 am

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:What about

Bargnani
Bayless

Jennings
Bogut

How about no?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#15 » by icat2000 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:18 am

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:First off, Jennings is a talent. Hes had some amazing games. If this had been proposed after his rookie year, Bucks fans wouldve probably laughed it off. He was injured, and is in a terrible system for what he does.

Toronto is close to a perfect fit for him. He can run, he can have the ball, he can make a couple mistakes, and I think he would bring out the best in Demar.

What about

Bargnani
Bayless

Jennings
Bogut

Yuck. Bucks give up the best piece and get back tripe.
Weems
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#16 » by Weems » Sun May 22, 2011 11:01 am

Easy no, and that's not really a shot at Jennings. I don't like him, but I'm sure he can be pretty good. I'd just rather roll the dice on several others at 5.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#17 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun May 22, 2011 11:47 am

5th pick sucks wrote:Toronto fans :lol: Jennings >>> Calderon, Bayless, 5th pick

And how is that? His 49.3 TS% is flat out alarming, and his 25.84% assist rate is worse than both Calderon (76.65%) and Bayless (36%). At this point, all that Brandon has going for him is solid D, that 55-point game in his rookie year, and his high-volume low-efficiency stats. He's still young, and he had some injury trouble this year, so he still has a chance to improve somewhat ... but there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he's some sort of significant upgrade over those two now (the pick is still an unknown quantity at this point).

Return to Trades and Transactions