Jazz-Thunder-Spurs

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JrueDaDamaja
Sophomore
And1: 16

Jazz-Thunder-Spurs 

Post#1 » by JrueDaDamaja » Sat May 21, 2011 9:26 pm

I know that they're conference rivals and all, but I really feel something based around this could work.

UTAH
out: Millsap, #12, Devin Harris
in: Westbrook, Nate Robinson

OKC
out: Westbrook, Aldrich, Robinson
in: Millsap, T. Parker, #12

SA
out: Parker
in: Aldrich, Harris

Utah builds around: Westbrook, Hayward and a big man trio of Favors, Al Jeff and Kanter. Nate is there for salary filler but can get PT since Utah lacks guards. Westbrook is the best player in the trade and could thrive being on a team built around him and big men.

OKC rolls out:
Parker/Maynor
Harden/Thabo
Durant/#11?
Millsap/Ibaka/Collison
Perkins/Ibaka/Collison

Pick up a PF who fits in age-wise and skill-set wise with the rest of the team and fills the hole of offensive big man/post up presence. Downgrades slightly at PG but Parker is a more team-oriented PG to complement the rest of the team. They also receive the #12th pick to balance it out.

SA finds a decent replacement for Parker and gets a promising big man for their retool.

What needs to be changed?
LoyalKing
Veteran
And1: 1,392

Re: Jazz-Thunder-Spurs 

Post#2 » by LoyalKing » Sat May 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Spurs will not touch it.

They can do better than that with Parker.

And Utah will not land Westbrook with Millsap, Harris and a #12 pick in this draft, sorry.
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#3 » by -Kees- » Sat May 21, 2011 9:40 pm

SA and OKC easily say no. OKC isn't going to downgrade from Westbrook to Parker, and SA's best asset is Parker, not going to trade him for a bust big man and a worse PG.
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#4 » by franktony » Sat May 21, 2011 10:12 pm

We decline

We downgrade from Parker to Harris to get Cole Aldrich. Don't want to be a jerk or anything, but he is a big time bust.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#5 » by Blame Rasho » Sat May 21, 2011 10:55 pm

franktony wrote:We decline

We downgrade from Parker to Harris to get Cole Aldrich. Don't want to be a jerk or anything, but he is a big time bust.

Yeah very much so... and the fact that the Thunder could very well win the West and have an outside shot of winning the title with Westbrook tells me that he shouldn't be traded along with anyone on that team as of right now.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#6 » by CAE15 » Sun May 22, 2011 12:10 am

Even if you swap 12 with 3 this isn't very close. Westbrook is an elite talent and with no kd on okc he would be in the discussion with rose.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,554

Post#7 » by Devilanche » Sun May 22, 2011 6:13 am

franktony wrote:We decline

lol, no worries. His value is probably far more for what he could still be with the thunders than in any trade ideas.

OKC would have to decline, no reason to jumpstart a team on their own conference.

Westbrook/Hayward/ SF / 2 from Favors/Kanter/Jefferson would really improve Jazz and they still have Harris as a trading chip.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
uncarved block
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#8 » by uncarved block » Sun May 22, 2011 7:08 am

Cut utah out

Anderson,Neal for Aldrich,2nd
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,554

Post#9 » by Devilanche » Sun May 22, 2011 10:43 am

OKC unfortunately/fortunately will still atttempt to see if Aldrich amount to anything.

We're keeping him.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.

Return to Trades and Transactions