Chi/OKC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

TRWJINC
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Chi/OKC 

Post#61 » by TRWJINC » Sun May 22, 2011 10:38 am

I would do it however Perkins would not be the starter

Rose - Watson
Harden - Brewer
Deng Korver - Butler
Boozer - Gibson
Asik - Perkins Thomas
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,554

Post#62 » by Devilanche » Sun May 22, 2011 10:54 am

You finally have someone from Chicago who would do the deal!

Whatever improvement that OKC can get from having Noah offensively isn't enough to compensate the potential that Harden could be at SG.

Let's be honest here.
Bulls scoring options are Rose, Boozer, Deng , Noah, SG. They can surely find an SG that would fit that role. Someone who can make 3s and have decent defence.

OKC scoring options are Durant,Westbrook,Harden, Whatever the rest of the team can muster with primarily being Ibaka/Maynor/Collison.

Would Noah be 2nd option ahead of Westbrook? Nope. He could be 3rd option in place of Harden if you want to argue enough but we won't be running plays for him, he'll be like what Perkins is attempting to do on the offensive end(garbage points). Harden can make plays for us and be our secondary ballhandler, something that is probably too much to expect from a pick in the 20s.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
TRWJINC
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#63 » by TRWJINC » Sun May 22, 2011 11:31 am

i do the trade because of 2 major reasons

A - We get Harden who will be help Rose
B - I think Asik is better then noah
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#64 » by SimonFish » Sun May 22, 2011 12:22 pm

TRWJINC wrote:i do the trade because of 2 major reasons

A - We get Harden who will be help Rose
B - I think Asik is better then noah

No.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#65 » by SimonFish » Sun May 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Ed121 wrote:
SimonFish wrote:Can't see the Bulls doing it either. We didn't trade Noah for Melo, now we'll trade him for Harden? No way.

Bulls really need a 2 guard and if you can get Harden and still have Perkins and Asik at center I think you'd do it without a second thought.

Yes we really need a 2 guard, but we managed to get 62 wins with the 1st seed with Bogans starting. Harden is overrated after he had a good Game 2 against Mavs. Perkins is overrated as well. In the Grizz series whenever Perkins went to the bench the Thunder played obviously better. We're not trading Noah away for making up Thunder's mistake in overpaying Perkins.
Ed121
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#66 » by Ed121 » Sun May 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Devilanche wrote:You finally have someone from Chicago who would do the deal!

Whatever improvement that OKC can get from having Noah offensively isn't enough to compensate the potential that Harden could be at SG.

Let's be honest here.
Bulls scoring options are Rose, Boozer, Deng , Noah, SG. They can surely find an SG that would fit that role. Someone who can make 3s and have decent defence.

OKC scoring options are Durant,Westbrook,Harden, Whatever the rest of the team can muster with primarily being Ibaka/Maynor/Collison.

Would Noah be 2nd option ahead of Westbrook? Nope. He could be 3rd option in place of Harden if you want to argue enough but we won't be running plays for him, he'll be like what Perkins is attempting to do on the offensive end(garbage points). Harden can make plays for us and be our secondary ballhandler, something that is probably too much to expect from a pick in the 20s.

I think you're underestimating Noah. For all the people in this thread claiming Noah is only marginally better than Perkins, here's some stats

Noah offensive rating 117
Noah defensive rating 97
Perkins offensive rating 95
Perkins defensive rating 103
The untradable G.O.A.T. Harden
Offensive rating 119
Defensive rating 108
Ed121
Freshman

Post#67 » by Ed121 » Sun May 22, 2011 12:36 pm

SimonFish wrote:
Ed121 wrote:
SimonFish wrote:Can't see the Bulls doing it either. We didn't trade Noah for Melo, now we'll trade him for Harden? No way.

Bulls really need a 2 guard and if you can get Harden and still have Perkins and Asik at center I think you'd do it without a second thought.

Yes we really need a 2 guard, but we managed to get 62 wins with the 1st seed with Bogans starting. Harden is overrated after he had a good Game 2 against Mavs. Perkins is overrated as well. In the Grizz series whenever Perkins went to the bench the Thunder played obviously better. We're not trading Noah away for making up Thunder's mistake in overpaying Perkins.

I'm with you on Perkins and on this board apparently Harden is insanely overrated, but he is a good player and much better than Bogans. Since you noticed OKC played better without Perkins you also should have noticed Chicago is pretty damn good with Asik in there.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#68 » by SimonFish » Sun May 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Ed121 wrote:I'm with you on Perkins and on this board apparently Harden is insanely overrated, but he is a good player and much better than Bogans. Since you noticed OKC played better without Perkins you also should have noticed Chicago is pretty damn good with Asik in there.

Asik is good when he's on the court, but we still don't know whether he can play for extended minutes in the NBA. His defense is good due to his mobility as a big man, but his offense just sucks. He can only dunk and he has soft hands which makes him rather turnover-prone. Noah, on the other hand, is underrated offensively. His hustle can lead to quite a lot of fastbreak points, and he is a damn good passer for his size. Neither Asik nor Perkins could do that.

Harden is much better than Bogans. But we don't needa trade Noah for Harden as an upgrade. We'd be fine with a minor upgrade as long as we don't break up our core which wins us 62 games.

Hey, also, never trade big for small. It's much difficult to get a good C than a good SG. The difference between the "big" and the "small" can't be compensated with the overpaid Perkins.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#69 » by Devilanche » Sun May 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Ed121 wrote:
Noah defensive rating 97
Offensive rating 119
Defensive rating 108

Bogans offensive rating: 113
Bogans defensive rating:103

If you want to go by defensive/offensive ratings, no reason chicago does this. Heck even Brewer/Korver has comparable ratings vs Harden. Like someone above mentioned Chicago was the no 1 ranked team with Bogans in the lineup, they can surely find better off free agency, no need to trade Noah for that.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Ed121
Freshman

Post#70 » by Ed121 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Devilanche wrote:
Ed121 wrote:
Noah defensive rating 97
Offensive rating 119
Defensive rating 108

Bogans offensive rating: 113
Bogans defensive rating:103

If you want to go by defensive/offensive ratings, no reason chicago does this. Heck even Brewer/Korver has comparable ratings vs Harden. Like someone above mentioned Chicago was the no 1 ranked team with Bogans in the lineup, they can surely find better off free agency, no need to trade Noah for that.

Bogans career offensive rating 104
Bogans career defensive rating 107

I think it's safe to say his career numbers are a better indicator of his talent level than this one outlier season.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Devilanche » Sun May 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Ed121 wrote:
Bogans career offensive rating 104
Bogans career defensive rating 107

I think it's safe to say his career numbers are a better indicator of his talent level than this one outlier season.

Perkins Career offensive ratings 103
Perkins Career defensive ratings 101.

Definitely not elite but no way OKC know how he'll fit since we're not running boston scheme and he's supposedly not 100%

I'm just saying, if Presti was that confident to extend him without seeing him play, he probably believe something in Perkins. I still maintain that Chicago can do better in terms of free agency SG than bogans, they might even find one in the draft.

After all, OKC still have Ibaka/Collison (for this season)
Ibaka Off/Def = 119/104
Collison off/def = 120/108
rookie11
Ballboy

Post#72 » by rookie11 » Sun May 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Ed121, Harden is still young and has the potential to get better. At this point we all know what Noah and Perkins are. Like I mentioned before the OKC front office are not stupid. You claimed they were forced to trade for Perkins but they were not forced to sign him to an extension. You have to remember OKC is not as a big a market as a NY or Chicago. They have to be a little more savvy with their money. I already agreed with you that the trades helps them and makes them better. I am not questioning that Noah may be more than slightly better than Perkins. I am only saying the overall improvement to the team would be marginal because that roster has so much talent. Think of it this way. What if Howard does end up in LA, which knowing their history he probably will. Who do you think would have a better shot of guarding Howard, Perkins or Noah?
jimiejams
Freshman

Post#73 » by jimiejams » Sun May 22, 2011 4:30 pm

This thread has gone on longer then I thought it would, it should have ended at this;

5th pick sucks
Veteran

Post#74 » by 5th pick sucks » Sun May 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Ed121 wrote:
Krodis wrote:Yeah, and they're a good team in large part due to James Harden.

The 24th and 28th picks can replace James Harden? Are you insane?

Did I say that? Learn to read, or don't bother responding.

You actually did :lol: :lol: Thunder easily decline

Return to Trades and Transactions