Charlotte/Houston/Indiana -- talent, cap space, needs

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,456

Re: Charlotte/Houston/Indiana -- talent, cap space, needs 

Post#21 » by Lost Angel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:07 pm

^ is it 10M after you resign West?

if you plan to re-sign West, you're only going to have minimal dollars to get a back up PG. I'm sure you'll be able to find a vet who wants to join the Pacers.

I like Lance, but definitely not as much as you guys. he's like JR Smith. he'll win you some games but probably cost you even more
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,069

Post#22 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Lost Angel wrote:^ is it 10M after you resign West?

if you plan to re-sign West, you're only going to have minimal dollars to get a back up PG. I'm sure you'll be able to find a vet who wants to join the Pacers.

I like Lance, but definitely not as much as you guys. he's like JR Smith. he'll win you some games but probably cost you even more

Yes, after re-signing West to a 10-12m contract, Indy will be about $10m under the luxury tax and have a full MLE to offer.

Also, Lance hasn't cost us a game, really. He's a 5th option at all times. He's won is games. If he's "lost" us a game, it's someone else's fault for leaving it in his hands. He's no JR Smith at all in that he plays well within a teams offense and defensive structures.
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,456

Post#23 » by Lost Angel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:42 pm

then you guys have plenty of space.

i respectfully disagree on Lance though. he can be wild at times. also, anyone can cost you a game. just because he's a 5th option doesnt make him immune to criticism. he definitely has had some sketch games.

now the good outweighs the bad of course. anyways, I'm curious about his value. going to start a new thread
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,069

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Lost Angel wrote:then you guys have plenty of space.

i respectfully disagree on Lance though. he can be wild at times. also, anyone can cost you a game. just because he's a 5th option doesnt make him immune to criticism. he definitely has had some sketch games.

now the good outweighs the bad of course. anyways, I'm curious about his value. going to start a new thread

Eh. Let's put it this way. He's definitely lost less games than the above average starter in the NBA has. I'd put him a bit higher up in the positive side.

About the opposite of JR Smith, or Brandon Jennings. Lance's "wildness" is more of a positive for the Pacers lineup and is something that we need at times.

Our only desire to possibly move Lance is to maintain salary flexibility long-term, and to retain the possibility of re-signing Danny Granger as well.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#25 » by inquisitive » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:47 am

looks very close now to robinson being off the table...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2 ... -robinson/

The Rockets are in advanced talks on a cap-clearing trade of forward Thomas Robinson, with a deal potentially “imminent,” a person with knowledge of their plans said on Tuesday.

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls have shown interest in Robinson, according to another individual with knowledge of the Rockets efforts to move Robinson’s $3.5 million salary next season. The Bulls may be interested in Robinson as part of a larger deal, the individual said.

San Antonio had been interested in Robinson but the teams are not in talks about a deal. It would be difficult for the Spurs to make any sort of deal for Robinson directly with the Rockets and would likely have to add a third team in a larger deal.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI

Return to Trades and Transactions