Greg Monroe for Eric Gordon.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: Greg Monroe for Eric Gordon. 

Post#61 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Aug 9, 2013 2:36 pm

Cowology wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I've posted pretty much this exact trade. I love the final roster for Detroit.
Possible top 5 team in the East with major upside. Once Miami, BK and NY are done they would be ready to move up along with Cleveland.

Jennings l Billups l Bynum
Gordon l KCP
Josh Smith l Datome l Singler
R.Anderson l Jerebko l Mitchell
Drummond l Jason Smith

Great blend of offense and defense.

Also if I'm Detroit I look to sell high on Monroe as soon as it becomes clear the trio doesn't fit (assuming it doesn't), otherwise they could be stuck with a maxed out center that teams have learned cannot play PF.
Not going to lie, I actually like the lineup and this is a deal that in essence has been brought up on several occasions. But it frequently comes back to the same thing; which Eric Gordon are we getting? Healthy, All-Star caliber Eric Gordon? Or injury plagued, overpaid Eric Gordon? And now that we've drafted KCP I'm in far less of a rush to take on this sort of gamble.

Tempting as it may be, this is still a pass. Maybe closer to the deadline IF Monroe/Smith/Drummond isn't working and Gordon looks good but the risk attached to Gordons knees and that big contact are not very attractive atm.

If Gordon looks good, a deal like this probably wouldn't be on the table.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#62 » by boogie-reke » Fri Aug 9, 2013 3:52 pm

Not probably. It's not.

If Gordon looks like the good Gordon, NOLA would only offer him for Monroe straight up.

The question mark is exactly why this trade is possible - imo that's a risk worth taking.

What would a maxed out Monroe fetch Detroit on the market? or a S&T Monroe? - cause that seems the direction he's going to with his agent adamant on looking to be a RFA - and if the Smith/Monroe/Drummond frontcourt doesn't work which imo is likely, that's a valid question to ask here.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,690

Post#63 » by Cowology » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:36 pm

boogie-reke wrote:Not probably. It's not.

If Gordon looks like the good Gordon, NOLA would only offer him for Monroe straight up.

The question mark is exactly why this trade is possible - imo that's a risk worth taking.

What would a maxed out Monroe fetch Detroit on the market? or a S&T Monroe? - cause that seems the direction he's going to with his agent adamant on looking to be a RFA - and if the Smith/Monroe/Drummond frontcourt doesn't work which imo is likely, that's a valid question to ask here.

Valid points, but to me it's NOT a risk worth taking. I'd rather attempt a S&T or frankly let him walk then take on what could prove to be an albatross of a contract. But those should not be our only options. Monroe might not command healthy, All-Star caliber Gordon but we should still be able to fetch a solid starting caliber player without the risk attached. In this instance I'll play it safe, even if that means getting a "lesser" return.
cainepelicans
Pro Prospect
And1: 136

Post#64 » by cainepelicans » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:44 am

Would be good for us but is rather get a 2014 1st rounder (we could use this to get a good 6th man) than Villuenava. We would have to do this at the deadline to see how Eric Gordan goes fitness wise plus he likes us now so I don't see him being too happy about this. Also I don't really want to part ways with Ryan Anderson as he will be lighting it up because defenders will be double teaming our guards.
LMHS KB 24 Fan wrote:Name a backcourt better than JClark and DRuss?
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#65 » by DetroitPistons » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:50 am

I'm a huge Gordon fan and I think he is the perfect fit for us at SG. Unfortunately, Monroe is off the table unless he is involved in a package that nets us a proven player that clearly upgrades our roster. I feel like trading Monroe for Gordon would be a lateral move at best. My counter offer is Stuckey/Jerebko/KCP/2016 1st for Gordon.

NOP dumps Gordon's risky contract for an expiring contract, a role player, our draft pick from this year (KCP), and a future unprotected first rounder. A pretty decent package for a guy who has serious health questions and who is playing on a max contract.

Holliday/Stuckey
Evans/KCP
Aminu/Jerebko
Davis/Anderson
Withey?

DET is willing to take that risk to complete our rock solid starting lineup. Dumars can worry about the bench next offseason. I have a feeling most Pistons fans will hate this offer. What does everyone else think?

Jennings/Billups
Gordon/Singler
Smith/Mitchell
Monroe/Smith/Mitchell
Drummond/Monroe
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#66 » by DetroitDon15 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm not trading Greg Monroe to the Pelicans without seeing the name of Anthony Davis coming back. sorry.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,598

Post#67 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:46 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:I'm a huge Gordon fan and I think he is the perfect fit for us at SG. Unfortunately, Monroe is off the table unless he is involved in a package that nets us a proven player that clearly upgrades our roster. I feel like trading Monroe for Gordon would be a lateral move at best. My counter offer is Stuckey/Jerebko/KCP/2016 1st for Gordon.

NOP dumps Gordon's risky contract for an expiring contract, a role player, our draft pick from this year (KCP), and a future unprotected first rounder. A pretty decent package for a guy who has serious health questions and who is playing on a max contract.

Holliday/Stuckey
Evans/KCP
Aminu/Jerebko
Davis/Anderson
Withey?

DET is willing to take that risk to complete our rock solid starting lineup. Dumars can worry about the bench next offseason. I have a feeling most Pistons fans will hate this offer. What does everyone else think?

Jennings/Billups
Gordon/Singler
Smith/Mitchell
Monroe/Smith/Mitchell
Drummond/Monroe

I would agree with most Piston fans. KCP + Expiring for Gordon is an okay offer, maybe steep as is. Including a future unprotected pick is way too much.

I also think the fit of Ryan Anderson from the OP is as important as Gordon, and Monroe is more expendable than KCP. I actually really like the original trade, although Gordon is such a question mark. Maybe after preseason if he looks good but hasn't proven it soo much that the value is bad for NOP?
Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#68 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 pm

You know that the trade is fair when both teams dont like it.. :)
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Return to Trades and Transactions