Knicks - Pacers - Celtics - Lakers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Re: Knicks - Pacers - Celtics - Lakers 

Post#21 » by JustMoe » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:01 pm

frizzledizzle wrote:That's okay. I didn't think it would go over well. I thought it made the Pacers deeper, the Knicks better and the Lakers deeper/better with more leadership. And the Celtics it helps them tank and get rid of bad contracts. I really would dump all of those bad contracts and tank for a top 5 pick if I were them. Seriously... Gerald Wallace and Keith Bogan's combining to make 15 million or so for the next 3 years is horrible. For a team to be 12-15 in a bad conference and stuck with those contracts isn't good.

Since you mentioned this a couple of times and no one corrected you, I'd like to point out that your premise is flawed here. The 2nd and 3rd years of Bogans' contract aren't guaranteed and you can bet that Boston will just cut him next summer, unless they can use him in a trade. They may be looking to get rid of Wallace's and Lee's 3 year contracts, but taking Bogans isn't doing them as much of a favor as you seem to think.

Besides, I get your point of them trading Rondo and bottoming out, which I agree would make sense. But trading one of the best playmakers in the league in his prime just to get rid of some longer contracts is a bad idea. If Ainge actually decides to trade Rajon, he'll be looking for young players with upside and/or lottery picks, instead of selling him way below value.
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over

Return to Trades and Transactions