Dunleavy trade value

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

TheGallopingSweetness
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Dunleavy trade value 

Post#1 » by TheGallopingSweetness » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Mike Dunleavy Jr. signed a bargain contract with the Chicago Bulls to pursue a lengthy playoff run and shot at a championship ring. That mirage has faded away, and MDJ is now trade eligible.

The Bulls would happily place Dunleavy on a contending team in exchange for a promising talent on his rookie contract.

Potential targets include:
Lamb, OKC
Barnes, GSW

Are those realistic targets? Both work in the trade checker as 1-for-1 deals.

What is Mike Dunleavy Junior's trade value?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,843

Re: Dunleavy trade value 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:55 pm

TheGallopingSweetness wrote:What is Mike Dunleavy Junior's trade value?

Not Jeremy Lamb or Harrison Barnes. Maybe like Perry Jones.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#3 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:57 pm

You would have to add a lot more to get either of those guys, esp. Barnes.

Personally, I think MDJr is a downgrade from Bellineli or Robinson that you had last season on the 45 win Rose-less team.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
TheGallopingSweetness
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Post#4 » by TheGallopingSweetness » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:You would have to add a lot more to get either of those guys, esp. Barnes.

Personally, I think MDJr is a downgrade from Bellineli or Robinson that you had last season on the 45 win Rose-less team.

Without Rose, I agree. Dunleavy cannot create in the way that Marco or Nate can, and that skillset is sorely lacking on this current Bulls team.

However, on a better team, next to double-team drawing ball-handlers like Westbrook and Durant and Curry, MDJ has the superior screen-using, catch and shoot game. He is the superior role player.

As for adding to Dunleavy, due to the uncertain positioning of the bulls and bobcats picks, I cannot see them including either in a Dunleavy deal. Teague, 2nds and future 1sts are all in play, though.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#5 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 pm

TheGallopingSweetness wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:You would have to add a lot more to get either of those guys, esp. Barnes.

Without Rose, I agree. Dunleavy cannot create in the way that Marco or Nate can, and that skillset is sorely lacking on this current Bulls team.

However, on a better team, next to double-team drawing ball-handlers like Westbrook and Durant and Curry, MDJ has the superior screen-using, catch and shoot game. He is the superior role player.

As for adding to Dunleavy, due to the uncertain positioning of the bulls and bobcats picks, I cannot see them including either in a Dunleavy deal. Teague, 2nds and future 1sts are all in play, though.

Based upon your last sentence, I think you need to massively lower your expectations away from Lamb and Barnes then. Teague and 2nd have next to no value. Future 1sts, I'm assuming you would want well protected.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,506

Post#6 » by jayjaysee » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Barnes/Lamb seem far out of MDJ's value..

I don't see how MDJ is worth a late first really...

Maybe the Suns since they have picks to spare and has a need for a wing player? Maybe just Indy first for MDJ? Cuts 3 million off salary for the Bulls, making them a Hinrich dump away from the tax this season if that is a goal..

New York maybe in a Shump for MDJ and something?

Char could use him pretty badly IMO, maybe Haywood/Pistons first for MDJ/Nazr/increasing the protection of Char first back to top 14? Something like that?

Or maybe Dunleavy gets more love that I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,168

Post#7 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:31 pm

Sounds like the Bulls have found the next Morey. Start that bidding high youngblood.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,968

Post#8 » by DusterBuster » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:33 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Barnes/Lamb seem far out of MDJ's value..

I don't see how MDJ is worth a late first really...

Exactly. The OP's valuation of Dunleavy is way out of whack.

They might get a late 1st or some middling young players from a veteran team who's headed to the playoffs. Portland would be interested I'd think, so if they'd be interested in the likes of Leonard or Claver, a deal might be possible.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#9 » by jayjaysee » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:40 pm

I imagine nearly every team in the league would give up something of value for him so the Bulls should definitely take calls.. Just think

Suns, Bobcats like I said have a need for a player like him and the assets to spare (using spare loosely)

Kings, Blazers, Houston, OKC, Knicks, Nets all seem like they'd give up whatever small pieces they could

loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#10 » by loserX » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:59 pm

He's a shooter in an age where seemingly everyone wants shooters. That's good. And he's cheap. That's even better.

But he's a useful role player, and doesn't really have the value of a good young prospect. Adding picks to him helps value, but is an odd fit because the kind of team that wants picks is not the kind of team looking to add someone at this stage of Dun's career.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#11 » by ferk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:10 pm

bayless expiring & a 2nd .
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:38 pm

loserX wrote:He's a shooter in an age where seemingly everyone wants shooters. That's good. And he's cheap. That's even better.

But he's a useful role player, and doesn't really have the value of a good young prospect. Adding picks to him helps value, but is an odd fit because the kind of team that wants picks is not the kind of team looking to add someone at this stage of Dun's career.

Something around -

Hinrich, Dunleavy for an expiring and a first?

Bogans and Hawks first?
Villanueva and something that values a first?

Or just a super tax cutting trade..

Bulls - Hinrich, Dunleavy
Bulls - 2 TPE, Brooks

Boston - hump, Brooks, Atl first
Boston - Hinrich, Dunleavy

Philly - Hump, Atl first
Philly - cap space

Bulls buy Nazr out 2 weeks before the season ends and woohoo they're under the tax...

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#13 » by Mykhyn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:10 am

jeff ayres and decolo for dunleavy

decolo is creative and given a longer leash could be interesting

Ayers... please take him off my team
cellar-door
Starter
And1: 1,095

Post#14 » by cellar-door » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:19 am

jayjaysee wrote:
loserX wrote:He's a shooter in an age where seemingly everyone wants shooters. That's good. And he's cheap. That's even better.

Something around -

Bogans and Hawks first?

Bulls - 2 TPE, Brooks

Philly - Hump, Atl first
Philly - cap space

Bulls buy Nazr out 2 weeks before the season ends and woohoo they're under the tax...

Why in the world would BOS want to give up a first to get two 33 year old bench players?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#15 » by jayjaysee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:27 am

cellar-door wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Something around -

Bogans and Hawks first?

Bulls - 2 TPE, Brooks

Philly - Hump, Atl first
Philly - cap space

Why in the world would BOS want to give up a first to get two 33 year old bench players?

They clearly failed at tanking (good thing?) so they should want to improve the team, Dunleavy can play the three better than anyone in green besides Green? Hinrich can run an offense as well as Crawford has this season, without the heavy risk of chucking at any moment...

Seems like both would play pretty decent minutes and help the team at the cost of a 20-23ish pick?

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,120

Post#16 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 am

I would give Thabeet, Jones, 2nd for Dunleavy.
cellar-door
Starter
And1: 1,095

Post#17 » by cellar-door » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:04 am

jayjaysee wrote:
cellar-door wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Something around -

Bogans and Hawks first?

Bulls - 2 TPE, Brooks

Philly - Hump, Atl first
Philly - cap space

They clearly failed at tanking (good thing?) so they should want to improve the team, Dunleavy can play the three better than anyone in green besides Green? Hinrich can run an offense as well as Crawford has this season, without the heavy risk of chucking at any moment...

Seems like both would play pretty decent minutes and help the team at the cost of a 20-23ish pick?

There are 5 teams within 3 games behind the Celtics, three of them in the Atlantic (including the Knicks and NEts who are definitel not tanking), there is a good chance they miss he playoffs. Even if they sneak in with the worst record in the East, they'll get destroyed in he playoffs, why would a push to finish at best 3rd (more likely 6-8 even with those two) be something that a team would want? A pick in the 20s has value especially in a deep draft, finishing 3 games better and still getting stomped in the playoffs has no value.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#18 » by jayjaysee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:13 am

cellar-door wrote:
There are 5 teams within 3 games behind the Celtics, three of them in the Atlantic (including the Knicks and NEts who are definitel not tanking), there is a good chance they miss he playoffs. Even if they sneak in with the worst record in the East, they'll get destroyed in he playoffs, why would a push to finish at best 3rd (more likely 6-8 even with those two) be something that a team would want? A pick in the 20s has value especially in a deep draft, finishing 3 games better and still getting stomped in the playoffs has no value.

That is fair, but I'd think the Celtics would make a move to either A- better their team to keep division lead or B- slightly worsen their team to drop out of the contention.. This method you are suggesting that Boston sit still and let everyone catch up and pass them or not.. Seems like a really weird directions, it is actually not a direction..

Trading Bass and Lee or Bass and Crawford or even Bass and Faverani for a comparatively useless player and a first rounder or a rookie, would make an impact on the win/loss section (maybe only an extra 4-5 losses but as you say that's a huge bump in the terrible east) while not drawing a great deal of attention, as trading Rondo would..

The other direction Boston could go in is, trade Hump or Bogans and Brooks and one of their late picks for temporary fixes at positions of need, keeping the team respectable with Rondo out. Which leads to a happier Rondo, which leads them to the playoffs this year..

I just feel like the idea that Boston should sit still and hope the insanely inconsistent Nets and the injury prone, ill-formed Knicks to catch up and pass them without doing any moves to make themselves worse, with Rondo inching closer to return.. Seems random..

I do understand it takes teams a while to realize they are bad.. That's why Sixers, Celtics, and others started off so hot.. But over a quarter into the season, the Celtics have a shot at a home court series.. That's worth A LOT, not just money wise but to the young kids Sullinger, Bradley, Olynyk, Faverani, etc to get to play big minutes in a playoff series is huge. Considering they'll likely be the 4th seed that means they are playing the 5th seed in the east.. That's actually a series Stevens can tell the kids they can win.. That would pretty much be the equivalanet to an entire season of basketball as far as player growth..

Getting beat up 4-5 years in a row in the playoffs as a treadmill team does has no use you are right, but for a bunch of 24 and udner players, to play big minutes on athe big stage, that is very valuable..

Maybe this move isn't the move that does that.. But to suggest the Celtics should just sit still and hope everyone passes them by is a strange direction to hope your team goes in. Like a treadmill tank team almost.. Just think they need to pick a direction before they end up with the 12th pick in the draft for the next 3 seasons..
kwytse
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#19 » by kwytse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:14 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I would give Thabeet, Jones, 2nd for Dunleavy.

I think this is a reasonable suggestion for Dunleavy's trade value.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#20 » by jayjaysee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:17 am

kwytse wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I would give Thabeet, Jones, 2nd for Dunleavy.

I think this is a reasonable suggestion for Dunleavy's trade value.

Agreed. Jones+late 2nd plus having to pay Thabeet is equal to a 20-30th expected first.. Which should be his value

Return to Trades and Transactions