What is George Hill's trade value?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,522

What is George Hill's trade value? 

Post#1 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 am

Title says it all. Would your team offer anything?
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Re: What is George Hill's trade value? 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:21 am

I feel like he'd be a terrific sixth man/2-guard for us. Plays D, hits threes, and can be a secondary ball-handler- just about a perfect fit next to or behind Kemba. What does Indy want? I don't like his contract much, but would happily throw Ramon Sessions and a couple three point shooting players like Tolliver or Pargo along with a 2nd if Indiana wants to get out from under Hill's contract so they can resign Lance.

Would've offered Jeff Taylor as well, but I'm pretty sure he tore his Achilles in tonight's game. :(
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#3 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:29 am

Biz Gilwalker wrote:I feel like he'd be a terrific sixth man/2-guard for us. Plays D, hits threes, and can be a secondary ball-handler- just about a perfect fit next to or behind Kemba. What does Indy want? I don't like his contract much, but would happily throw Ramon Sessions and a couple three point shooting players like Tolliver or Pargo along with a 2nd if Indiana wants to get out from under Hill's contract so they can resign Lance.

Would've offered Jeff Taylor as well, but I'm pretty sure he tore his Achilles in tonight's game. :(

My thinking was that if Granger gets back to something similar to his old form, we could just move Lance to PG and get Granger back in the lineup. That being said, it wouldn't be wise to shake up the team chemistry of this team right now, so mostly I am just curious. The Pacers would want some form of cap relief to help resign Lance though and some decent wing to bring off the bench.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:36 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:
Biz Gilwalker wrote:I feel like he'd be a terrific sixth man/2-guard for us. Plays D, hits threes, and can be a secondary ball-handler- just about a perfect fit next to or behind Kemba. What does Indy want? I don't like his contract much, but would happily throw Ramon Sessions and a couple three point shooting players like Tolliver or Pargo along with a 2nd if Indiana wants to get out from under Hill's contract so they can resign Lance.

My thinking was that if Granger gets back to something similar to his old form, we could just move Lance to PG and get Granger back in the lineup. That being said, it wouldn't be wise to shake up the team chemistry of this team right now, so mostly I am just curious. The Pacers would want some form of cap relief to help resign Lance though and some decent wing to bring off the bench.

Sessions is an expiring contract, and would be a terrific 6th man for you guys (or a capable starter). Jeff Taylor would've been the PERFECT fit for you guys off the bench as your "decent wing", but unfortunately I think he's done for the season- his Achilles injury looked bad and Kobe-esque.

If you guys really are serious about converting Lance to a PG, I think a deal like this is the way to go. Only problem is you lose some defense at the point, downgrading from Hill to Sessions, but when you're rolling out Hibbert/West/George/Stephenson in the same lineup, that hardly matters. Sessions can attack the basket and get to the line at will and that should help you guys a lot.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#5 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:39 am

Biz Gilwalker wrote:
DGrangeRx33 wrote:

Sessions is an expiring contract, and would be a terrific 6th man for you guys (or a capable starter). Jeff Taylor would've been the PERFECT fit for you guys off the bench as your "decent wing", but unfortunately I think he's done for the season- his Achilles injury looked bad and Kobe-esque.

If you guys really are serious about converting Lance to a PG, I think a deal like this is the way to go. Only problem is you lose some defense at the point, downgrading from Hill to Sessions, but when you're rolling out Hibbert/West/George/Stephenson in the same lineup, that hardly matters. Sessions can attack the basket and get to the line at will and that should help you guys a lot.

My thinking was more if Granger got back to his old form he could take his SF position back. In the Pacers offense, SF and SG are the same, so George being SG again would be fine and even help with a height advantage.

The one tricky spot would be figuring out where to put Sessions as Watson is already a pretty solid backup.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#6 » by HornetJail » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:45 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:
Biz Gilwalker wrote:
DGrangeRx33 wrote:My thinking was that if Granger gets back to something similar to his old form, we could just move Lance to PG and get Granger back in the lineup. That being said, it wouldn't be wise to shake up the team chemistry of this team right now, so mostly I am just curious. The Pacers would want some form of cap relief to help resign Lance though and some decent wing to bring off the bench.

My thinking was more if Granger got back to his old form he could take his SF position back. In the Pacers offense, SF and SG are the same, so George being SG again would be fine and even help with a height advantage.

The one tricky spot would be figuring out where to put Sessions as Watson is already a pretty solid backup.

Sessions and Watson are both combo guards anyway. Watson shoots more threes and Sessions gets to the line often. Sessions did a terrific job next to Kemba last season, but just doesn't fit in Clifford's system as well this year. I think Sessions could do a good job with your starting unit or your bench unit. He's played more two-guard the past couple years, but he is capable of getting assists.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#7 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:24 am

I don't think Indiana is interested in trading George Hill at all. Lance isn't a pure point guard anymore than Hill is, but between the two of them they have all the necessary skills covered which is why they make a good pairing.

Granger is gone after this year IMO. While I'd like for him to go out on a high note, contorting our roster in order to keep him in future years isn't something I'd go for.

No thank you on Sessions.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#8 » by Wizop » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:52 pm

I think we need GHill for our championship run. I can see a need to move him next summer in order to keep Lance but we aren't trading him now. a purer point guard is not needed as we need Hibbert, West, and Scola on the low block which takes away the lanes for a penetrator. George feeds the post and can hit the kick out shots and that's what we need.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,067

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:50 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:

I think shifting Lance to full time PG is one of the worst things you could do to him. He put it together and actually started contributing when we pulled him away from the PG spot. I think he is what he is. A SG that can help handle the ball, but cracks when he's the primary ball handler. He and Hill are a perfect complement.

If money is an issue, guys like Copeland, Mahinmi, and, god forbid, even Scola should go before Hill does.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Trades and Transactions