If Kevin Love won

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,315

Re: If Kevin Love won 

Post#21 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 6, 2014 5:01 pm

Mr. E wrote:
Colbinii wrote:This isn't really a response to you as much as it is to this whole board. There seems to be some Love about making Kevin love trade threads, and it's pointless. Stop with the Kevin Love trades please.

Dude - I know that these things can get tedious, but this is the RealGM Trades & Transactions Board. They are not going to stop. We are all basketball fans who enjoy discussing all kinds of possibilities - especially when involving big name players like Love.

This is what we do here, man!

Bingo. Just got to sift through 99% of the trades on the board, to find the quality ones that are n'tjust rip offs.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#22 » by Niko23 » Mon Jan 6, 2014 5:06 pm

I could actually see the Wolves looking to move Rubio to get that second star. Rubio for Rondo? Rubio/asset for Deron Williams?
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#23 » by GreenMachine » Mon Jan 6, 2014 5:44 pm

Niko23 wrote:I could actually see the Wolves looking to move Rubio to get that second star. Rubio for Rondo? Rubio/asset for Deron Williams?

Why exactly would the Celtics do that? You would have to include Numerous picks.
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#24 » by GreenMachine » Mon Jan 6, 2014 5:45 pm

Colbinii wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:
Deep breaths man. Everything is going to be ok. Well... except for the fact that you ARE going to loose Love... and you are going to HATE what you get for him...

We won't trade him. I would bet lots of money that he will leave in free agency before we trade him. How could the Wolves possible sell (to an already unintelligent fanbase from a basketball perspective) trading their franchise player less than 10 years after trading their first franchise player? If they did that, they would have to leave Minnesota because they wouldn't have any fans left in Minnesota except for hardcore basketball fans, which are few and far between here.

The franchise would gain more by letting him walk for nothing than trade their franchise player for "nothing".

I don't disagree... and when you loose him for Nothing (or maybe a S&T for greatly reduced value like what the Heat gave up for Bosh) you are going to HATE what you get for him AKA: NOTHING.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,763

Post#25 » by shrink » Mon Jan 6, 2014 5:51 pm

A couple things on Love trades that many people miss:

1. Many posters on the Trade Board act like they know that Love is as good as gone because of one article by Woj over a year ago, and those barbs were directed mainly at Kahn. Love has wisely said nothing since then, and the Wolves got rid of Kahn. Are we so positive there is no chance Love will re-sign? Even if replacing Kahn with Flip wasn't enough, are we so sure he has reached his decision and nothing can change his mind over that three years? Suppose a scenario where Love privately went to the Wolves tomorrow and asked to be traded, they may still not deal him, thinking they have 1.5 years to change his mind. They can offer the most money, and they aren't likely to get a player back with his production.

2. When people want to make historic comparisons of superstar trade value, using Bosh, LeBron or Melo are not good examples. Bosh and LeBron had zero years on their contract that gave them complete leverage, and Melo only had a half season and had limited his potential buyers to two, cutting out 28 potential bidders that might offer more. Love is Top Two in points and boards, spreads the floor with three-point shooting, and is an effective passer too. His contract has 1.5 years left, and a trade now would give a team his services while they chase a ring in the next two play-offs. He doesn't have nearly the leverage, so there are likely to be several teams trying to outbid each other. Be sure your posted offers wouldn't get outbid by one of the other teams - there is sure to be an auction for his services.

3. In most cases, when a team has to trade a superstar, they want a rebuild package. Strange as it may sound, the Wolves might be looking for a "reload" package. Taylor, Flip and Adelman all want to "win-now," and the Wolves spent last off-season killing their cap flexibility, adding about $100 million in guaranteed salaries to young vets over the next 3-5 years. I think hey would rather trade for a lesser star and a good second starter than fill up on picks .. especially non-lotto picks.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#26 » by C.lupus » Mon Jan 6, 2014 6:26 pm

Mr. E wrote:
Colbinii wrote:This isn't really a response to you as much as it is to this whole board. There seems to be some Love about making Kevin love trade threads, and it's pointless. Stop with the Kevin Love trades please.

Dude - I know that these things can get tedious, but this is the RealGM Trades & Transactions Board. They are not going to stop. We are all basketball fans who enjoy discussing all kinds of possibilities - especially when involving big name players like Love.

This is what we do here, man!

This is all true. It would be nice to see some better thought out reasonings behind trades, though. Parroting old, outdated misinformation as a reason for a trade should deserve criticism, imo.
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#27 » by CBA » Mon Jan 6, 2014 6:56 pm

It's sort of weird that we go through the same routine every time a star is poised to leave their original team, with the same sure denials from the team's fan base that everyone else has it wrong. Surely the evidence at this point would be impossible to argue with.

BTW, Love definitely has hinted at leaving:

I haven't been in the playoffs yet," Love says. "I'm looking at my contract in the eye of two years from now, and if I haven't been to the playoffs – or it's been one playoff berth – well, it's going to be tough to say, 'Oh well, I'm going to stay here and continue to rebuild.' "
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#28 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:08 pm

How on earth is Boston coming out on top? They'd be paying 30 million for the expiring contracts of Lin and Asik. That's insane money.

PHX looks to be the frontrunner if Love is to be dealt and MIN wants to rebuild. GS might be the frontrunner if MIN is looking to reload.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,904

Post#29 » by Colbinii » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:19 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:How on earth is Boston coming out on top? They'd be paying 30 million for the expiring contracts of Lin and Asik. That's insane money.

PHX looks to be the frontrunner if Love is to be dealt and MIN wants to rebuild. GS might be the frontrunner if MIN is looking to reload.

Because those players are better than the players they could get in Free Agency this coming season.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:22 pm

CBA wrote:It's sort of weird that we go through the same routine every time a star is poised to leave their original team, with the same sure denials from the team's fan base that everyone else has it wrong. Surely the evidence at this point would be impossible to argue with.

BTW, Love definitely has hinted at leaving:

I haven't been in the playoffs yet," Love says. "I'm looking at my contract in the eye of two years from now, and if I haven't been to the playoffs – or it's been one playoff berth – well, it's going to be tough to say, 'Oh well, I'm going to stay here and continue to rebuild.' "

Looks up only a couple posts reads Shrink's post, then reads this.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:23 pm

So what? They would be paying 30 million dollars to two guys who may or may not have a future in Boston, and don't think for a second that their agents wouldn't know that sitting down at the negotiating table. So Boston is put in the position of needing to invest even more cash in these guys, who are basically ginormous 15m expiring contracts.

This ain't 2k. 30mil is a huge chunk of change for guys who are UFAs, and thats even before Boston gives up a pick to get them.

Ainge has proven to be one of the smarter GMs in the league, and I think we've all seen the 'market' for poison pill guys like Lin and Asik. I'm pretty sure Boston happily passes on this while being told that they are getting too much value, as any sane team would.
jsbasketball10
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#32 » by jsbasketball10 » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:29 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ku354xm

Pretty crazy idea but hear me out on this. Wizards pistons T wolves

Pistons get ariza nene al Harrington Kevin martin jan vessely and wolves first round pick
Wizards get Kevin love Charlie Villanueva Kyle singler will Bynum
Wolves get josh smith Greg Monroe k caldwell pope and multiple wizards draft picks.

Which team wouldn't do that?

Pistons
Jennings
K martin
Ariza
Nene
Drummond

Wizards
Wall
Beal
Porter/Webster
Love
Gortat

Wolves
Rubio
Kcp
Josh smith
Greg Monroe
Pekovic

Basically the wizards would get a big time star to go along with j wall and make them competitive for years to come. Pistons get a shot at a top 8 draft pick in the most loaded draft class ever plus clear their big man logjam. Also rumor has it that Greg Monroe doesn't even want to be in Detroit after his contract runs up. Minnesota gets a massive return for a guy they know isn't leaving, they get Monroe and josh smith who are both amazing plus they get possible draft picks from dc only if that's neccisary plus they get kcp who they loved last year in the draft. Win win for everyone if you ask me. Especially if the pistons ended up with someone Julius randle from the t wolves pick.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:31 pm

jsbasketball10 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ku354xm

Pretty crazy idea but hear me out on this. Wizards pistons T wolves

Pistons get ariza nene al Harrington Kevin martin jan vessely and wolves first round pick
Wizards get Kevin love Charlie Villanueva Kyle singler will Bynum
Wolves get josh smith Greg Monroe k caldwell pope and multiple wizards draft picks.

Which team wouldn't do that?

Pistons
Jennings
K martin
Ariza
Nene
Drummond

Wizards
Wall
Beal
Porter/Webster
Love
Gortat

Wolves
Rubio
Kcp
Josh smith
Greg Monroe
Pekovic

Basically the wizards would get a big time star to go along with j wall and make them competitive for years to come. Pistons get a shot at a top 8 draft pick in the most loaded draft class ever plus clear their big man logjam. Also rumor has it that Greg Monroe doesn't even want to be in Detroit after his contract runs up. Minnesota gets a massive return for a guy they know isn't leaving, they get Monroe and josh smith who are both amazing plus they get possible draft picks from dc only if that's neccisary plus they get kcp who they loved last year in the draft. Win win for everyone if you ask me. Especially if the pistons ended up with someone Julius randle from the t wolves pick.

Why wouldn't the Pistons just cut the Wizards out?
jsbasketball10
Ballboy

Post#34 » by jsbasketball10 » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:33 pm

Yea I hear you on that, but I wanted to see the wizards get love and ariza and nene actually are good players. Would someone like otto porter need to be thrown into that deal? Anyone but wall and beal is on the table from DCs standpoint as long as love is available
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:34 pm

Yeah, seems to me that Love/Drummond is an awesome combination. Total glass domination.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:34 pm

jsbasketball10 wrote:Yea I hear you on that, but I wanted to see the wizards get love and ariza and nene actually are good players. Would someone like otto porter need to be thrown into that deal? Anyone but wall and beal is on the table from DCs standpoint as long as love is available

Then there is no point of Love to the Wizards talk.
jsbasketball10
Ballboy

Post#37 » by jsbasketball10 » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:36 pm

I can understand that, but the wiz definetely do have something to offer. What if Greg Monroe went back Home to dc and love went to the pistons. That definely makes sense
Mattya
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:38 pm

jsbasketball10 wrote:I can understand that, but the wiz definetely do have something to offer. What if Greg Monroe went back Home to dc and love went to the pistons. That definely makes sense

Your moving backwards now
jsbasketball10
Ballboy

Post#39 » by jsbasketball10 » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:40 pm

And the other thing is that Minnesota doesn't have any small forwards to offer to Detroit and Detroit wants to win now and ariza is actually nice and he would fit in well with that team. Feel like this trade no matter which of the two teams monroe or love ended up going to, would help all 3 teams significantly
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Post#40 » by MNRunLeft » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:41 pm

jsbasketball10 wrote:Yea I hear you on that, but I wanted to see the wizards get love and ariza and nene actually are good players. Would someone like otto porter need to be thrown into that deal? Anyone but wall and beal is on the table from DCs standpoint as long as love is available

If Beal is off the table the Wiz don't have enough to start a conversation for Love. With the Wiz owing a 1st to PHX trading future 1sts becomes complicated.

Return to Trades and Transactions