Andre Miller on Denver's trading block

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Re: Andre Miller on Denver's trading block 

Post#21 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:36 pm

The Rebel wrote:
azwfan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
No speights is a terrible contract, and bazemore is nowhere near good enough to cut other guaranteed contracts to add on the roster, not to mention incentive to take back a terrible deal on top of him,

Speights is a terrible player, not a terrible contract. He's expires after next season. If Denver is looking to cut longterm salary a Hickson for Speights swap saves Denver some cash. Unfortunately, i don't think the W's could take on Miller's salary, and absorb the 1.5M difference in salary this year (between Hickson and Speights) and still stay under the LT. Somehow i don't think that's what Denver would be looking for anyways.

Denver might be on the outside of the playoff picture looking in now, but i think they are buyers and not looking to merely shed salary, they want to get better.

Dre Miller is a unique situation where they want to get rid of the person. I don't see the Warriors offering anything that makes Denver better this year, so my guess is Miller only ends up in a Warriors uniform if Denver can't find anything reasonably good out there.

Warriors best offer:
Douglas for Dre Miller. It puts the Warriors right below the LT line, saves Denver some money and gets them someone who is capable.

So a terrible player guaranteed $7.2 million over the next 2 years is not a terrible contract? You always like your terrible players to make more than the mini MLE? Personally I prefer they are not on the team at all, but if they are the minimum is appropriate, meaning this guys makes 3 times his value every year, so tell me again how that is a decent contract?

Uh, yeah, Speights is worth is contract. If Speights' contract is terrible what is Millers? Also 7 million guaranteed over the next two years and he's not playing at all. If you want him to play next year, it'll cost more money. By your logic Speights has a better contract than Miller.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#22 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:59 pm

How about i give you JR smith for Andre Miller
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#23 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:18 pm

Warriors Douglas for Miller is about right.....Douglas is cheap...fills a roll on a tanking franchise....

Miller is needed big time for Warriors bench.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#24 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:21 pm

azwfan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Speights is a terrible player, not a terrible contract. He's expires after next season. If Denver is looking to cut longterm salary a Hickson for Speights swap saves Denver some cash. Unfortunately, i don't think the W's could take on Miller's salary, and absorb the 1.5M difference in salary this year (between Hickson and Speights) and still stay under the LT. Somehow i don't think that's what Denver would be looking for anyways.

Denver might be on the outside of the playoff picture looking in now, but i think they are buyers and not looking to merely shed salary, they want to get better.

Dre Miller is a unique situation where they want to get rid of the person. I don't see the Warriors offering anything that makes Denver better this year, so my guess is Miller only ends up in a Warriors uniform if Denver can't find anything reasonably good out there.

Warriors best offer:
Douglas for Dre Miller. It puts the Warriors right below the LT line, saves Denver some money and gets them someone who is capable.

So a terrible player guaranteed $7.2 million over the next 2 years is not a terrible contract? You always like your terrible players to make more than the mini MLE? Personally I prefer they are not on the team at all, but if they are the minimum is appropriate, meaning this guys makes 3 times his value every year, so tell me again how that is a decent contract?

Uh, yeah, Speights is worth is contract. If Speights' contract is terrible what is Millers? Also 7 million guaranteed over the next two years and he's not playing at all. If you want him to play next year, it'll cost more money. By your logic Speights has a better contract than Miller.

Uh No a big playing 12 mpg while shooting 39% and only grabbing 3.5 rebounds per game while being a terrible defender is not worth $3.6 million per year, and even most GS fans acknowledge that. Also what logic are you saying that I am using?

It obviously could not be that I have watched both guys play plenty throughout their careers and even this year, otherwise you would realize there is no comparison between Andre Miller and Speights, nor are you using actual results from games, where Andre is a nice positive player, while Speights is a -21 pp100p just on offensive possessions. Nope your argument must just be that Miller gets paid more, so is worth less, because it is not based on actual performance, which your right is pretty terrible logic.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:21 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Warriors Douglas for Miller is about right.....Douglas is cheap...fills a roll on a tanking franchise....

Miller is needed big time for Warriors bench.

Who's tanking?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#26 » by old rem » Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:29 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Biz Gilwalker wrote:speights and bazemore for miller?

No speights is a terrible contract, and bazemore is nowhere near good enough to cut other guaranteed contracts to add on the roster, not to mention incentive to take back a terrible deal on top of him,

Miller has looked pretty over the hill and while he still can do some things, he can't do others. Speights is not much $ at all and for GSW...he's the #2 C till JO/Ezeli can play. That Miller can be dumped at $2 mill...not $4.5 is news...since it's somewhat doubtfull there's any tread on the tires a year from now. I don't see GSW much wanting him now. A few years ago...sure. If he was not okay as #2 at Denver...is he happy as #3 at GSW?
CENSORED... No comment.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:32 pm

old rem wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Biz Gilwalker wrote:speights and bazemore for miller?

Miller has looked pretty over the hill and while he still can do some things, he can't do others. Speights is not much $ at all and for GSW...he's the #2 C till JO/Ezeli can play. That Miller can be dumped at $2 mill...not $4.5 is news...since it's somewhat doubtfull there's any tread on the tires a year from now. I don't see GSW much wanting him now. A few years ago...sure. If he was not okay as #2 at Denver...is he happy as #3 at GSW?

Miller has been very productive in limited minutes this year, and while his defense is lacking it is not worse then Speights. As for Speights, he is terrible and regardless of how big his contract is, it is 3 times too much for his lack of production.

Also I am not the one saying that the Warriors are interested, it is national articles and Warriors posters in here trying to trade for him.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,861

Post#28 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:36 pm

I love Dre Miller and had we not been able to sign a real pg this year I would kill to have him in Dallas. I'd still like him, but with Larkin needing minutes and hopefully Devin returning later this month we don't have a giant need for him and we don't have a good contract to match. Best we could do would be Ellington+Larkin which I think Denver would consider, but I don't think I'd do it. Close tho--if we didnt have our other holes I would be more willing, but our defense and rebounding simply arent nearly good enough.

Love Dre tho.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
LPKingsFan
Starter
And1: 0

Post#29 » by LPKingsFan » Mon Jan 6, 2014 10:20 pm

Kings are said to be interested, and have spare SGs. Could do either Jimmer + filler (Outlaw? He's on the books for 2014, though) for Miller or Thornton for Miller + filler (Randolph?). Not sure which Denver would prefer, if either.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 6, 2014 10:40 pm

LPKingsFan wrote:Kings are said to be interested, and have spare SGs. Could do either Jimmer + filler (Outlaw? He's on the books for 2014, though) for Miller or Thornton for Miller + filler (Randolph?). Not sure which Denver would prefer, if either.

Actually I would not mind something around Thompson for Miller, of course the Kings will probably need to send a guard of some sorts to keep their guys happy, and the Nuggets would have to add in a big of some sort.

My actual preference would be something like Thompson and Jimmer for Miller and Hickson, but I do not see HIckson being a good fit next to Cousins, which means the deal I could see working for both sides if the Nuggets decide to take long term salary would be the Nuggets sending back Randolph instead of Hickson.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#31 » by AingesBurner » Mon Jan 6, 2014 10:46 pm

Rush and J. Lucas 3 for Andre Miller and 2016 Denver 2nd?
Ingles is cooked.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#32 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 6, 2014 11:36 pm

The Rebel wrote:
azwfan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Uh No a big playing 12 mpg while shooting 39% and only grabbing 3.5 rebounds per game while being a terrible defender is not worth $3.6 million per year, and even most GS fans acknowledge that. Also what logic are you saying that I am using?

It obviously could not be that I have watched both guys play plenty throughout their careers and even this year, otherwise you would realize there is no comparison between Andre Miller and Speights, nor are you using actual results from games, where Andre is a nice positive player, while Speights is a -21 pp100p just on offensive possessions. Nope your argument must just be that Miller gets paid more, so is worth less, because it is not based on actual performance, which your right is pretty terrible logic.

3.6M for a backup big is not a terrible contract. Andris Biedrins... that was a terrible contract. Richard Jefferson, that was a terrible contract. Danny Fortson, Adonal Foyle, those were terrible. I've seen plenty a terrible contract in my days as a Warriors fan, Mo Speights does not have a terrible contract.

Andre Miller right now, for the Nuggets, is producing NOTHING. So paying him anything is a bad deal (for the Nuggets). So Speights can't possibly be worse since at least he does... something. Especially with the W's, the alternative to Speights is Kuzmic. Now Kuzmic really is terrible and doesn't belong on an NBA roster. Speights does, he really is just, sub par.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 7, 2014 12:26 am

azwfan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

3.6M for a backup big is not a terrible contract. Andris Biedrins... that was a terrible contract. Richard Jefferson, that was a terrible contract. Danny Fortson, Adonal Foyle, those were terrible. I've seen plenty a terrible contract in my days as a Warriors fan, Mo Speights does not have a terrible contract.

Just because the guy gets a few minutes does not make him a viable backup big, he has went from a bad player to a terrible player who would not be getting minutes if not for being on a team with a lack of bigs and injury problems.
azwfan wrote:Andre Miller right now, for the Nuggets, is producing NOTHING. So paying him anything is a bad deal (for the Nuggets). So Speights can't possibly be worse since at least he does... something. Especially with the W's, the alternative to Speights is Kuzmic. Now Kuzmic really is terrible and doesn't belong on an NBA roster. Speights does, he really is just, sub par.

Andre has missed 2 games, in the last 2+ years, and he is a productive player, just in a situation with a rookie coach who is power tripping. according to this tweet there are teams calling the Nuggets, and the Kings are heavily pursuing him,

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/420323129714413569[/tweet]

But keep arguing that Miller is a bad contract and that Speights is not a bad deal.
hokageinfamus
Senior
And1: 29

Post#34 » by hokageinfamus » Tue Jan 7, 2014 12:47 am

what about a three team deal?

Andre Miller and Victor Claver to Sacramento

Thomas Robinson to Denver

Jason Thompson to Portland

Kings get Miller who can mentor Thomas

Denver get a young athletic big who could play some minutes on a team that's not trying to contend

Portland gets a solid backup in Thompson
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 7, 2014 1:02 am

hokageinfamus wrote:what about a three team deal?

Andre Miller and Victor Claver to Sacramento

Thomas Robinson to Denver

Jason Thompson to Portland

Kings get Miller who can mentor Thomas

Denver get a young athletic big who could play some minutes on a team that's not trying to contend

Portland gets a solid backup in Thompson

Robinson is a terrible fit for the Nuggets, he is not big enough to play center, and they have plenty of PFs.
jumpboi92
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#36 » by jumpboi92 » Tue Jan 7, 2014 1:21 am

The Rebel wrote:
LPKingsFan wrote:Kings are said to be interested, and have spare SGs. Could do either Jimmer + filler (Outlaw? He's on the books for 2014, though) for Miller or Thornton for Miller + filler (Randolph?). Not sure which Denver would prefer, if either.

Actually I would not mind something around Thompson for Miller, of course the Kings will probably need to send a guard of some sorts to keep their guys happy, and the Nuggets would have to add in a big of some sort.

My actual preference would be something like Thompson and Jimmer for Miller and Hickson, but I do not see HIckson being a good fit next to Cousins, which means the deal I could see working for both sides if the Nuggets decide to take long term salary would be the Nuggets sending back Randolph instead of Hickson.

How much does Denver value Arthur? I wouldn't mind trading Thompson and Jimmer for Miller and Arthur
azwfan
RealGM

Post#37 » by azwfan » Tue Jan 7, 2014 2:20 am

The Rebel wrote:
azwfan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Just because the guy gets a few minutes does not make him a viable backup big, he has went from a bad player to a terrible player who would not be getting minutes if not for being on a team with a lack of bigs and injury problems.
azwfan wrote:Andre Miller right now, for the Nuggets, is producing NOTHING. So paying him anything is a bad deal (for the Nuggets). So Speights can't possibly be worse since at least he does... something. Especially with the W's, the alternative to Speights is Kuzmic. Now Kuzmic really is terrible and doesn't belong on an NBA roster. Speights does, he really is just, sub par.

Andre has missed 2 games, in the last 2+ years, and he is a productive player, just in a situation with a rookie coach who is power tripping. according to this tweet there are teams calling the Nuggets, and the Kings are heavily pursuing him,

But keep arguing that Miller is a bad contract and that Speights is not a bad deal.

Keep assuming I haven't seen Miller play (despite him single handily winning a playoff game for you against us last year). But we're talking about now. And he's not playing now. From what i read, they told him to go away and now are looking to ship out of town ASAP.

Andre Miller is a terrible contract for the Nuggets. Because they aren't playing him. Its not that hard to understand. But keep arguing if you don't get it.

I don't think someone playing meaningful minutes making 7M over 2 years can be a terrible contract. It doesn't hamstring your cap and its not a lot of money. You're the one who thinks that. So keep at it.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 7, 2014 2:40 am

azwfan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Keep assuming I haven't seen Miller play (despite him single handily winning a playoff game for you against us last year). But we're talking about now. And he's not playing now. From what i read, they told him to go away and now are looking to ship out of town ASAP.

Andre Miller is a terrible contract for the Nuggets. Because they aren't playing him. Its not that hard to understand. But keep arguing if you don't get it.

I don't think someone playing meaningful minutes making 7M over 2 years can be a terrible contract. It doesn't hamstring your cap and its not a lot of money. You're the one who thinks that. So keep at it.

where did I say that you had never watched Miller? Also Miller is far from a terrible contract, he is a trade asset, they may be paying him to sit home for 4 days, but teams want him there are multiple reports that several teams including the Warriors would like to have him.

Speights on the other hand hurts your team on both ends, and I have yet to hear of anybody wanting him, not even warrior fans.

There is a huge difference between a terrible contract on a terrible player, and on a player that has trade value that is sitting for a handful of days while a trade is worked out. I do not know what is so hard to understand about that? You notice that despite the huge presence of warriors fans, not a single one is jumping into this stupid argument to even try to defend your stance.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#39 » by azwfan » Tue Jan 7, 2014 3:20 am

The Rebel wrote:
azwfan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

where did I say that you had never watched Miller? Also Miller is far from a terrible contract, he is a trade asset, they may be paying him to sit home for 4 days, but teams want him there are multiple reports that several teams including the Warriors would like to have him.

Speights on the other hand hurts your team on both ends, and I have yet to hear of anybody wanting him, not even warrior fans.

There is a huge difference between a terrible contract on a terrible player, and on a player that has trade value that is sitting for a handful of days while a trade is worked out. I do not know what is so hard to understand about that? You notice that despite the huge presence of warriors fans, not a single one is jumping into this stupid argument to even try to defend your stance.

Not sure if you don't get it or don't want to get it. I don't really think Miller is a bad contract.

I simply said Speights doesn't have a terrible contract. 1 sentence in a 4 paragraph post. 3.6M/yr for 2 yrs (1 of which is nearly halfway completed) is not a terrible contract especially considering he plays meaningful minutes. You overstated your rejection of a bad offer by calling it his contract terrible. End of story. Get over it.

Return to Trades and Transactions