BKN - MIL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

BKN - MIL 

Post#1 » by rambo_ortega » Mon Apr 7, 2014 4:28 am

Is this a fair deal?

Bucks Get:
Brook Lopez

Bucks get an all star starting center to start off their rebuilding mode. Him and Sanders can be a very good twin tower combination while adding wiggins and parker to the mix.

Nets Get:
Ersan Ilyasova
John Henson

They need PF's who can rebound and play to the style of Coach Kidd. I think this addresses it.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,496

Re: BKN - MIL 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 7, 2014 5:16 am

rambo_ortega wrote:Is this a fair deal?

Bucks Get:
Brook Lopez

Bucks get an all star starting center to start off their rebuilding mode. Him and Sanders can be a very good twin tower combination while adding wiggins and parker to the mix.

Nets Get:
Ersan Ilyasova
John Henson

They need PF's who can rebound and play to the style of Coach Kidd. I think this addresses it.

:wink: Wouldn't that be nice..

I think Nets like Teletovic as a stretch four (he has really played well if you didn't know) so Ersan isn't nearly as valuable as he was to Brooklyn at the beginning of the year.

I could see a deal based around Henson for Lopez though. That TPE would also be a ridiculous asset as if one of KG/PP do leave - they will still be over the cap and not competing.

I don't know what other asset Milwaukee has that Brooklyn would be interested. I like Henson more than most, but don't think he pulls one of the top-top offensive bigs in the league.. even with the leg injuries.. But the TPE is a major asset as well.. Maybe Knight? I still view him as a high usage throw-in though, some don't.. I think he would be an amazing replacement for Livingston playing a similar role..

Zaza wouldn't be worth it with Plumlee, Henson, Blatche at center.. Delfino would be a nice get but not a huge value piece.. Sanders would ruin the idea of putting Lopez on the Bucks (I don't think Sanders and Lopez would work out very well personally)

A future first could be added?
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#3 » by loserX » Mon Apr 7, 2014 5:22 am

Interesting concept...but can Lopez and Sanders play together? If not that's a lot of money locked up at one position. Plus the questions about Brook's health; hopefully he's healthy but he's REALLY expensive if he's not.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 7, 2014 5:42 am

Henson+Boozer+16th+31st for Lopez?

Chicago uses Char pick to turn Boozer into cap space. Brooklyn gets two picks in this draft and Henson adding a lot of youth.. Henson, Plumlee, KG, Blatche, Boozer would all be able to play in Kidd's limit-the-minutes game and hopefully KG can wear off on Henson.. Henson took a major step defensively this year, showing he's willing to put in the work.. KG can definitely make players around him better.. 16th could be Hood who would be nice behind Pierce/AK.

Maybe it's

Henson+31st+Toronto 2nd and send Toronto 2nd to Chicago so they just drop back..30 spots..

or maybe just add Teletovic to the OP and have Milwaukee add more value.. Ersan is clearly better than MT in my opinion - just with Tele on the team they don't really have a big need for him

I don't really think Sanders and Lopez could play together.. I could defintiely see Milwaukee doing Sanders +something for Lopez and Sanders going to some other team for a PF.. Millsap? Atlanta fans would hate that after the year Sanders/Millsap had.. Maybe Sanders+Knight and Sanders goes to NOP for Ryno+Rivers? Don't like that for Brooklyn at all.. ]
Hijacking thread now, my bad.
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#5 » by rambo_ortega » Mon Apr 7, 2014 9:00 am

maybe make it:

Lopez + Teletovic

for

Henson + Ilyasova + 16th Pick
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,718

Post#6 » by slicedbread2 » Mon Apr 7, 2014 9:38 am

Bucks Get:
Brook Lopez

Nets Get:
Ersan Ilyasova
John Henson

You mean Wiggins or Parker. Plus Parker may stay another year at Duke so his status is up in the air. Overall, I'm not big on this trade to be honest with you. There would be absolutely no spacing between Lopez and Sanders unless Lopez has a consistent midrange shot which he somewhat has. Where it falls apart is who will defend the stretch 4's and the faster 4's. I think the Bucks would pass unless Mayo was going which would kill the deal. Not to mention Brooks' health has factored in as well. Nets are screwed till 2016 and they got to find a way to somehow get under the cap since the penalties are more punitive and eventually the owner may start to get testy regarding the results of the team which to me is a second round team at best.

If they were going to move Henson, it'd be for say a mid first rounder since he still has a lot of value around the league. Plus the Bucks would need a young guy coming back in this deal.

The 3 way trade with Chicago and New Orleans is a hell of a lot better to be honest:

Chicago: Eric Gordon
New Orleans: Brooks Lopez
Brooklyn: Carlos Boozer

At least in this deal you get rid of long-term salary and could manage to hopefully stay under the tax in 2015-16 to avoid the repeater tax. Truthfully though, it's going to be tough to find a fair value deal.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#7 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 7, 2014 10:07 am

slicedbread2 wrote:

Bucks Get:
Brook Lopez

Nets Get:
Ersan Ilyasova
John Henson

You mean Wiggins or Parker. Plus Parker may stay another year at Duke so his status is up in the air. Overall, I'm not big on this trade to be honest with you. There would be absolutely no spacing between Lopez and Sanders unless Lopez has a consistent midrange shot which he somewhat has. Where it falls apart is who will defend the stretch 4's and the faster 4's. I think the Bucks would pass unless Mayo was going which would kill the deal. Not to mention Brooks' health has factored in as well. Nets are screwed till 2016 and they got to find a way to somehow get under the cap since the penalties are more punitive and eventually the owner may start to get testy regarding the results of the team which to me is a second round team at best.

If they were going to move Henson, it'd be for say a mid first rounder since he still has a lot of value around the league. Plus the Bucks would need a young guy coming back in this deal.

The 3 way trade with Chicago and New Orleans is a hell of a lot better to be honest:

At least in this deal you get rid of long-term salary and could manage to hopefully stay under the tax in 2015-16 to avoid the repeater tax. Truthfully though, it's going to be tough to find a fair value deal.

Except Lopez has considerably more value than that IMO and I don't think OP is a Brooklyn fan.

What about adding a Thornton/Mayo swap to the OP? Milwaukee gets out of the second year - Brooklyn gets an out of shape maybe starter.

I think it'd be a big mistake to trade Henson considering his improvements this year - from a decent offensive/bad defensive player to a good offensive/decent defensive player.. - Another offseason of improvements and he is better than Sanders. But maybe I'm off base there - not a Milwaukee or Brooklyn fan to clarify..

Maybe send Lopez+Teague to Philly for 10th and send 10th+Richardson to Milwaukee for Henson+31st+49th?

Lopez/Noel could be a great defense/offense combo and Thad is there as a sorta-stretch 4. Milwaukee gets McDermott/Anderson at 10th. Brooklyn gets a 15 million dollar TPE to look at adding Eric Gordon (I think NOP considers cap space and 31 for Gordon) or some other overpaid decent player to help bring down the average age of the team a bit

Maybe just cut Milwaukee out at that point though..

I agree Lopez/Sanders wouldn't work though

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,718

Post#8 » by slicedbread2 » Mon Apr 7, 2014 12:20 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:

Bucks Get:
Brook Lopez

Nets Get:
Ersan Ilyasova
John Henson

Except Lopez has considerably more value than that IMO and I don't think OP is a Brooklyn fan.

What about adding a Thornton/Mayo swap to the OP? Milwaukee gets out of the second year - Brooklyn gets an out of shape maybe starter.

I think it'd be a big mistake to trade Henson considering his improvements this year - from a decent offensive/bad defensive player to a good offensive/decent defensive player.. - Another offseason of improvements and he is better than Sanders. But maybe I'm off base there - not a Milwaukee or Brooklyn fan to clarify..

Maybe send Lopez+Teague to Philly for 10th and send 10th+Richardson to Milwaukee for Henson+31st+49th?

Lopez/Noel could be a great defense/offense combo and Thad is there as a sorta-stretch 4. Milwaukee gets McDermott/Anderson at 10th. Brooklyn gets a 15 million dollar TPE to look at adding Eric Gordon (I think NOP considers cap space and 31 for Gordon) or some other overpaid decent player to help bring down the average age of the team a bit

Maybe just cut Milwaukee out at that point though..

I agree Lopez/Sanders wouldn't work though

My bad to the poster with the OP for jumping to conclusions too soon. :wink:

I think Milwaukee would probably bow out at this point to be honest. The only realistic idea of a team that may be willing to try him and don't have much to lose would be New Orleans. As for Philly, they got a lot of cap space and I doubt they'd help their division rival get out of a horrible deal while giving up a potential 9-12 pick in this year's draft. Plus Henson may be the guy they want to keep in Milwaukee if Sanders' shenanigans become too much plus Embiid may stay another year at school since he's said that he's not ready for the NBA lifestyle yet and those back problems would be a concern.

The only deal I could think of that may help Brooklyn get somewhat younger while trying to save some salary would be something like this:

Brooklyn: Ersan Ilyasova, Carlos Delfino, OJ Mayo
Milwaukee: Carlos Boozer, Marcus Thornton, Marquis Teague future first rounder from Chicago whether it'd be a pick from this year or 2015.

Brooklyn gets younger and gets more depth while Delfino's last year isn't guaranteed and maybe Kidd could get Mayo to realize his potential and have some more weapons to play with and maybe get Paul Pierce and Livingston to hopefully stay since they need to stay competitive since they mortgaged the next few years on this team.

Bucks shave a whole lot of long term salary and collect a late first rounder from Chicago for their troubles. Plus new ownership that's coming in the summer would love this deal considering the flexibility it would give them.

Bulls don't have to pay Boozer's salary to get out of town which is a bonus for Reinsdorf and the crew while rolling the dice on Gordon who could turn it around although I could see Thibs running him to the injured reserve or being gassed when the playoffs comes around. Plus they add some firepower on the wings and they still can find wiggle room to bring over Mirotic since moving Boozer will result in an open spot on the front court.

Pelicans are committed to the next few years and get a great buy low option on Lopez who could form an amazing tandem with Davis. Plus they let go of Gordon who isn't a fit on the team anymore since Tyreke is a 2 and fits better with Monty Williams' squad.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#9 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 7, 2014 4:27 pm

Bucks Get:
Brook Lopez

Nets Get:
Ersan Ilyasova
John Henson

fair? i guess its fair from a talent standpoint...

but i cant see the nets considering it. why move lopez if you arent going to shave years off his salary or get a first? thats basically trading lopez for a 2 year rental of ilyasova and henson. we cant resign those guys since it would cut into the 2016 cap.

if we trade lopez, it would have to either involve a star worth blowing our 2016 cap room on or picks and expirings
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 7, 2014 4:32 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Henson+Boozer+16th+31st for Lopez?

Chicago uses Char pick to turn Boozer into cap space. Brooklyn gets two picks in this draft and Henson adding a lot of youth.. Henson, Plumlee, KG, Blatche, Boozer would all be able to play in Kidd's limit-the-minutes game and hopefully KG can wear off on Henson.. Henson took a major step defensively this year, showing he's willing to put in the work.. KG can definitely make players around him better.. 16th could be Hood who would be nice behind Pierce/AK.

Maybe it's

Henson+31st+Toronto 2nd and send Toronto 2nd to Chicago so they just drop back..30 spots..

or maybe just add Teletovic to the OP and have Milwaukee add more value.. Ersan is clearly better than MT in my opinion - just with Tele on the team they don't really have a big need for him

I don't really think Sanders and Lopez could play together.. I could defintiely see Milwaukee doing Sanders +something for Lopez and Sanders going to some other team for a PF.. Millsap? Atlanta fans would hate that after the year Sanders/Millsap had.. Maybe Sanders+Knight and Sanders goes to NOP for Ryno+Rivers? Don't like that for Brooklyn at all.. ]

now this is the kind of trade that makes sense. 2 firsts and boozer a short term guy who would help us make the playoffs and then would come off the books. id even be fine with henson going to another team and not the nets in this deal if possible
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 7, 2014 4:33 pm

rambo_ortega wrote:maybe make it:

Lopez + Teletovic

for

Henson + Ilyasova + 16th Pick

would it be possible to have a 3rd team take ilyasova? ilyasova going to the nets basically kills any lopez deal imo.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 7, 2014 7:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Henson+Boozer+16th+31st for Lopez?

Maybe it's

now this is the kind of trade that makes sense. 2 firsts and boozer a short term guy who would help us make the playoffs and then would come off the books. id even be fine with henson going to another team and not the nets in this deal if possible

I think you are underrating Henson (as much as I am overrating him) if Prok promises him a big payday if he is patient - his cap hold in 2016-2017 will only be 7.5 million (I expect Henson to improve again this offseason , have an amazing season next year and be considered an eay 4 year 40 guy) Having Plumlee+Henson for only 9 million in salary holds along with Deron's insane 22 million (also do you think he could decline it for a frontloaded deal starting at 16? Assuminghe still is an 9-12 million dollar player - Prok could offer him -16, 15, 14, PO 10 mil-just to have the extra six million in 2016 right? Deron will be 33 and would have to consider getting another 4 year deal rather than just making 22 mil..

Without Henson that option would help the Nets a lot.

But -- back on topic..

I actually really do like the idea of Boozer/Henson/16th/31st for Lopez. Or instead of Boozer make it Eric Gordon and send Thornton+(31+48 if necessary) to NOP. Henson and Gordon added to this team would be huge. As "eh" as realgm thinks Gordon is - you have to see the major improvement.. And Henson/Plumlee/Blatche/KG/Teletovic/even AK can handle all the big man minutes and just hope one of Plumlee/Henson blows up which seems very possible.

KG 20mpg / Plumlee 10 / Blatche 18
Henson 26 / Plumlee 12 / Teletovic 10
Pierce 20 / JJ 12 / AK 16
JJ 14 / Gordon 26 / Anderson 8
Deron 26 / Livingston 18 / Teague...

And a TPE of atleast 8.5 million to let a team salary dump..

I think it makes sense to trade Lopez to either A - give KG/PP a better one year window or B - help the team long term..

This kind of trade does both. I'm sure there are other options, but I do like the Boozer one I suggested the best - I think adding 16th and Henson would actually give the Nets a youth movement (Henson, Plumlee, Bojan, Hood - not amazing but it is 4 good names)

Hell throw in OKC as well since Brooklyn is sending out enough salary..

NOP - Gordon
NOP - Thornton and 31st

- Salary dumping

OKC - Perkins and 22
OKC - 8.7 Mil TPE and 48th

- Salary dumping. I'm sure Milwaukee would give Zaza up for free if OKC wanted him

MIL - Henson, 31, 48
Mil - Lopez

- Hopefully Lopez comes back healthy.. I don't like the fit but Sanders is long and maybe can handle 20 mpg at the 4 spot.

Brooklyn -Lopez and Thornton
Brooklyn - Gordon, Perkins, Henson, and 22nd.

Would probably be better with Sanders going out in these deals not Henson though.. Say..

Mil- Sanders
Mil - Lopez

NOP - Gordon and Ryno
NOP - Sanders and Thornton

I don't know. Not realistic anyways.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#13 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 7, 2014 7:30 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
I think you are underrating Henson (as much as I am overrating him) if Prok promises him a big payday if he is patient - his cap hold in 2016-2017 will only be 7.5 million (I expect Henson to improve again this offseason , have an amazing season next year and be considered an eay 4 year 40 guy)

Thats Cap hold isnt realistic for us to keep him. consider when you add that to deron williams then we are at 30.5M plus cap holds. that might not even be enough for 1 max free agent, and removes all hope of 2 or even 2 near max. and you dont throw away the chance at 2 max/near max deals for john henson unless you think he is going to be a top 15 player.

Having Plumlee+Henson for only 9 million in salary holds along with Deron's insane 22 million (also do you think he could decline it for a frontloaded deal starting at 16? Assuminghe still is an 9-12 million dollar player - Prok could offer him -16, 15, 14, PO 10 mil-just to have the extra six million in 2016 right? Deron will be 33 and would have to consider getting another 4 year deal rather than just making 22 mil..

i dont see anyway dwill turns down 23 million. not when he wont get another big long term deal. if we could move dwills salary thats antoher story, and also really unlikely.

I think it makes sense to trade Lopez to either A - give KG/PP a better one year window or B - help the team long term..

Trading lopez makes sense for the same reason refusing henson makes sense. We wont sign him past 2016. so turning him into draft picks and cap space is the natural way to go.

This kind of trade does both. I'm sure there are other options, but I do like the Boozer one I suggested the best - I think adding 16th and Henson would actually give the Nets a youth movement (Henson, Plumlee, Bojan, Hood - not amazing but it is 4 good names)

Boozer make sense cause he'd be on a 1 year deal and then you let him walk. Henson is simply not an option, unless we plan to trade him after 1 year, which seems like a waste.

A youth movement is a bad idea with no picks and no franchise player. henson or plumlee or bojan arent guys who will turn into top 2 players on contending teams. and with dwill here we wouldnt be able signs someone like durant, nor do i think someone like durant would be excited to have his next best player be henson or plumlee.

I just see no realistic scenario where we can take back players who would need to be resigned. someone like henson would have a ton more value to us if he goes to a third team with picks coming back our way. Boozer, Gordon... those guys fit. guys with 1 or 2 years left who would help us avoid missing the playoffs and who we could let walk when their deals are up.

If lopez is moved it HAS to be for a short 1 year win now guy and picks(realistic), or if it is for a younger player it needs to be a star(super unlikely)
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#14 » by jayjaysee » Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:If lopez is moved it HAS to be for a short 1 year win now guy and picks(realistic), or if it is for a younger player it needs to be a star(super unlikely)

Okay.. So..

Denver - Hickson, Foye, 12
Denver - Sanders
Mil - Sanders
Mil - Lopez
Brk - Lopez
Brk - 12, Hickson, and Foye

Denver fans will hate that.

Phx - 14+28+any contract they want out of if such a person exists
Phx - Sanders+48
Mil - Sanders+48
Mil - Lopez+Teague
Chicago - Boozer+19
Chicago - cap space
Brooklyn - Lopez+Teague
Brooklyn - Boozer, 14, 19, 28.

Hood, Payne, and 28 all on rookie deals for four years... And I don't know if any of those teams would turn that offer down. Phx would do it to look at adding Love/superstar with everything else they own. Milwaukee gets innjury for headache. Bulls get cap space for Melo/whoever. Brooklyn gets 3 picks and a rebounding-ish PF.

There is probably one to be made with OKC getting Sanders, but wouldn't dare post one of those..
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:38 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
Prokorov wrote:If lopez is moved it HAS to be for a short 1 year win now guy and picks(realistic), or if it is for a younger player it needs to be a star(super unlikely)

Okay.. So..

Denver - Hickson, Foye, 12
Denver - Sanders
Mil - Sanders
Mil - Lopez
Brk - Lopez
Brk - 12, Hickson, and Foye

Denver fans will hate that.

Phx - 14+28+any contract they want out of if such a person exists
Phx - Sanders+48
Mil - Sanders+48
Mil - Lopez+Teague
Chicago - Boozer+19
Chicago - cap space
Brooklyn - Lopez+Teague
Brooklyn - Boozer, 14, 19, 28.

Hood, Payne, and 28 all on rookie deals for four years... And I don't know if any of those teams would turn that offer down. Phx would do it to look at adding Love/superstar with everything else they own. Milwaukee gets innjury for headache. Bulls get cap space for Melo/whoever. Brooklyn gets 3 picks and a rebounding-ish PF.

There is probably one to be made with OKC getting Sanders, but wouldn't dare post one of those..

id do it, i dont think denver does

2nd deal id do cartwheels over. although i dont see the bulls trading the 19th pick to move 1 year of boozer. especially when they can amnesty him and keep the pick
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#16 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Apr 7, 2014 11:51 pm

Lakers get: Lopez
Nets get: Henson/Ilyasova
Bucks get: Lakers lottery pick
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#17 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 8, 2014 1:34 am

mlloyd10 wrote:Lakers get: Lopez
Nets get: Henson/Ilyasova
Bucks get: Lakers lottery pick

Nets would much rather just get Lakers lottery pick and a 15.8 million TPE. That is 10x more valuable than Henson/Ersan. Nets would probably actually agree to take on Nash and send their 2019 first to LAL for the 5-6 pick.. Julius Randle could be the face on the Nets.

I think anything above 9th for Lopez is a huge reach though sadly with his injuries, especially if Nets aren't taking back any salary.. 9th is a reach really.

Lakers - 5th
Lakers - Lopez, 16th
Bulls - Boozer and 16th
Bulls - rights to Karamon (just to appease fans - he's the same as a mid second IMO)
Nets - Lopez
Nets - 5th and Boozer

At least keep Lakers in the first round.. Though I don't see anyway they trade for Lopez with the pick.

Return to Trades and Transactions